Traffic ticket

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic ticket

Hey GB

In regards to the N-400, you will need to disclose the ticket and any paperwork showing fine and payment. It will not be held against you. The tickets that might cost someone the rejection/postponement of their N-400 are those that involve multiple DWI convictions (usually 3 or more); and so forth. They show that the beneficiary is not of good character by having a balant disregard for civil law. They can reapply after five years of clean living.

Rete
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bomjeito
I am in Houston too. Cops are scheduled in court one day a week and they place that day right on your ticket. It is no longer true they "won't show up." I think for something you can make go away for $25 and 6 hours, it'd not worth the time or aggravation to go to court. Take the class.
In NY it is 8 hours and minimum $50 for the class and is good for 3 years and only removes 3 points from your license if the points are already there. Will not remove points yet to be credited to our record.

You do NOT want to pay it off as your insurance will go up.
Have no clue what this sentence means. Pay off what??????????

I did the class and also go 5 percent additional off my car insurance with the certificate.

I live in Houston, too, and think the roads and highways are glorious compared to NY State!!!
It is 5 percent in NYS but not on the total cost of auto insurance but on the collison and property portion of the insurance only.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete, well what I did was send in the ticket with the fee for the class and the request to take it.

Very pleased that the N400 shouldnt be an issue. That was my concern, not the fine or insurance really.

Its a pisser but thankfully manageable.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:32 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Thanks Rete, well what I did was send in the ticket with the fee for the class and the request to take it.

Very pleased that the N400 shouldnt be an issue. That was my concern, not the fine or insurance really.

Its a pisser but thankfully manageable.
What ever you do don't do www.simplefastfun.com its not simple its not fast and sure as hell is not fun, it might just be for CA drivers not sure.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Im doing this online one which is particularly slow and boring. What is a traffic light etc. The freaking timer itself takes f o r e v e r.

I decided that in the spirit of the exercise Im going to drink and ahem drive. Isn't it somewhat ironic to be drinking a cold beer whilst doing an online driving course?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:43 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Im doing this online one which is particularly slow and boring. What is a traffic light etc. The freaking timer itself takes f o r e v e r.

I decided that in the spirit of the exercise Im going to drink and ahem drive. Isn't it somewhat ironic to be drinking a cold beer whilst doing an online driving course?
Have you got any trick questions yet, ie the ones that were hidden within each certain chapter that you skimmed over