Traffic ticket

Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Traffic ticket

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Cool thanks folks. No cameras by the way Poppy.

Think Ill write the check plead guilty and be done.

Its bs, I didnt cut the f ing light anyway.

What happened was two tires of mine blew up at the same time, I went through a green light, did the u turn, but as I couldnt accelerate ..the car on the other side when he went thru hit me and shoved me forward. The drivers buddy travelling behind him called the cops. The cop said to me he has a witness gotta write you a ticket. yeh, real impartial witness.

Is what it is I guess. No point wasting time down at the court house.

Thanks everyone for the answers
Not to tell you what to do, but taking the time for the defensive driving class is well worth it, because your car insurance rate WILL GO UP for years if you take the ticket. Just do it, get it dismissed. Go to court, take the class, get the ticket dismissed, even if court fee and class cost are the same as the ticket wold be. It's an investment.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:53 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Cool thanks folks. No cameras by the way Poppy.

Think Ill write the check plead guilty and be done.

Its bs, I didnt cut the f ing light anyway.

What happened was two tires of mine blew up at the same time, I went through a green light, did the u turn, but as I couldnt accelerate ..the car on the other side when he went thru hit me and shoved me forward. The drivers buddy travelling behind him called the cops. The cop said to me he has a witness gotta write you a ticket. yeh, real impartial witness.

Is what it is I guess. No point wasting time down at the court house.

Thanks everyone for the answers
Yep you are doing the right thing especially if there is a witness and the Judge might have you for driving a dangerous vehicle ie dangerous tires
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I should sue the state for the lack of upkeep on the shitty Houston roads. My tires blew out as I had hit a huge pot hole.

If anyone here has driven in Houston, you will know what I mean! The whole experience was a nightmare as my car got wrecked and my arm got messed up ( slightly better now)
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:00 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I should sue the state for the lack of upkeep on the shitty Houston roads. My tires blew out as I had hit a huge pot hole.

If anyone here has driven in Houston, you will know what I mean! The whole experience was a nightmare as my car got wrecked and my arm got messed up ( slightly better now)
sue the state
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
sue the state
They'll just say tough shit, well that's what MA do at least.

Not fun.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I have driven in Houston plenty of times and the roads are still way better than in Louisiana
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Strictly speaking, that's true, but a couple of years back we were trying to renew our car insurance and somehow the insurance company used one or other of my tickets (neither of which show on my driving record) to bump up our premium.

We kicked up a big stink and they wised up but that seriously pissed me off. What was the point in paying the extra money to keep them off my driving record if they can just call it up
Because the insurance company will use anything they can to up your premiums and get more money out of you.......they don't care what your driving record has been since the infraction or whether or not you paid extra money!
Don'cha just LOVE insurance companies!??
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Because the insurance company will use anything they can to up your premiums and get more money out of you.......they don't care what your driving record has been since the infraction or whether or not you paid extra money!
Don'cha just LOVE insurance companies!??
Aye, bunch of cnuts.

They didn't anticipate being on the receiving end of one of my wife's soliloquies though. She's, shall we say - quite entertaining - when she gets going on someone!

I'd have done the same, but the policy was in her name, so I let her have at it
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Aye, bunch of cnuts.

They didn't anticipate being on the receiving end of one of my wife's soliloquies though. She's, shall we say - quite entertaining - when she gets going on someone!

I'd have done the same, but the policy was in her name, so I let her have at it
Hooray! Christians 4 - Lions 8,343.94! Oh well, it's a start. She sounds like a woman after my own heart - I can't do that any more - I get so mad now I start spluttering and forget what I want to say!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! Christians 4 - Lions 8,343.94! Oh well, it's a start. She sounds like a woman after my own heart - I can't do that any more - I get so mad now I start spluttering and forget what I want to say!
I've got quite stupidly pissed off with the spam callers who ring up at dinner time. Once or twice I've completely lost my train of thought and just unleashed hell on the poor bastards

I've done it at work once or twice too, on people who are trying to get out of paying us. My boss always laughs when I do that as I'm so quiet normally, I very rarely lose it like that!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've got quite stupidly pissed off with the spam callers who ring up at dinner time. Once or twice I've completely lost my train of thought and just unleashed hell on the poor bastards

I've done it at work once or twice too, on people who are trying to get out of paying us. My boss always laughs when I do that as I'm so quiet normally, I very rarely lose it like that!
Unfortunately, the older I get, the less I can tolerate fools, mudheads, cold-calling sales people (particularly the ones who want our copy or fax machine serial number because they're our "supplier"), off-shore callers who can barely speak English, let alone understand what I'm saying. I usually end up telling those that we don't take calls from off the continent and to go get a real job. So if you can make yourself understood by telling them to *&%k --- (the second word being 'off') more power to you! ...... and Mrs. SOS!
(hey, I think we're getting of topic here....)
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

P.S. When we had a land line, we had a really neat thing from AT&T called "Privacy Director" that cut out all those lovely dinner-time calls! Don't know if it's still available or if you have a land line.......
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:28 pm
I have a comma problem

P.S. When we had a land line, we had a really neat thing from AT&T called "Privacy Director" that cut out all those lovely dinner-time calls! Don't know if it's still available or if you have a land line.......
Yeah, we have a land line. The cold-calling has died down of late, which is nice. But dinner time? That was bad enough, try 9pm when the baby has just gone to sleep, or any time on a Saturday/Sunday

But, as you say, off topic
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

I am in Houston too. Cops are scheduled in court one day a week and they place that day right on your ticket. It is no longer true they "won't show up." I think for something you can make go away for $25 and 6 hours, it'd not worth the time or aggravation to go to court. Take the class.

You do NOT want to pay it off as your insurance will go up.

I did the class and also go 5 percent additional off my car insurance with the certificate.

I live in Houston, too, and think the roads and highways are glorious compared to NY State!!!

Last edited by Bomjeito; Aug 9th 2011 at 2:19 am.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:11 am
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

You know the cop gets paid extra for appearing in court. Don't think it's a done deal that he/she won't turn up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.