Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

TOURIST VISA WHILE WAITING FOR 2ND NOA

TOURIST VISA WHILE WAITING FOR 2ND NOA

Old May 26th 2001, 11:47 am
RWestl8970

I have received my 1st NOA from TSC-estimated time for action is 120-150 days- my
question is if my finance in the Philipines were to apply for a Tourist Visa, what is
requires? how long would it take? Since TSC is taking so long now, why not have here
join me in the US awaiting the second NOA, she would have plenty of time to return to
Manila for her KI application process-In short spend the time with me in the US
awaiting the 2nd Noa from TSC. Is this priactical?

Old May 26th 2001, 3:07 pm
Jeff P

It is VERY difficult for a Filipina to be granted a visitor's visa. She would have to
show a very good reason to return to the RP, and not overstay her visa (good job,
large savings account, own business and property etc...). The embassy in Manila is
not very generous when it comes to visitor's visas, especially to younger women. Your
plan is not very practical, IMHO.

Jeff P. [email protected]

>
days-
    >
    >
why
    >
plenty
    >
the
    >

Old May 26th 2001, 3:58 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Not practical. If you want to be with her, go there.

--
    >
FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
days-
    >
    >
why
    >
plenty
    >
the
    >

Old May 26th 2001, 5:20 pm
lk

i dont think she would be legally allowed to file for a tourist visa while her fiance
visa is pending.

Jeff P wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have received my 1st NOA from TSC-estimated time for action is 120-150[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > my question is if my finance in the Philipines were to apply for a Tourist Visa,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > what is requires? how long would it take? Since TSC is taking so long now,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > not have here join me in the US awaiting the second NOA, she would have[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > of time to return to Manila for her KI application process-In short spend[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > time with me in the US awaiting the 2nd Noa from TSC. Is this priactical?[/usenetquote2]