Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Tourist visa for sister and nephew

Wikiposts

Tourist visa for sister and nephew

Old May 8th 2002, 6:00 am
Zhuming Ai

Default Tourist visa for sister and nephew

Hi,

I want to invite my sister (age 46) and her son (age 14) to visit us for a month or
so during the summer. I am a chinese citizen and PR in the US. Can you give me some
suggestions on how to prepare the documents? They can get one passport for both of
them since my nephew is younger than 16. Will it help to convince the officer in the
consulate that the kid do not intent to enter a school here, and both them will go
back together? Can you give me a list of docs which are necessary and/or helpful?

Thank you very much!

Zhuming

Old May 8th 2002, 11:20 am
Liwen Liang

Default Re: Tourist visa for sister and nephew

They will have to prove they have strong tie to their home country, like they have
asset, your brother-in-law is still there. Your sister's employer can also issuing a
letter saying that she is still employed with the company... etc. Sometimes, even a
round trip tickets to show that they have every intention to go back...

Zhuming Ai <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to invite my sister (age 46) and her son (age 14) to visit us for a month or
    > so during the summer. I am a chinese citizen and PR in the US. Can you give me some
    > suggestions on how to prepare the documents? They can get one passport for both of
    > them since my nephew is younger than 16. Will it help to convince the officer in
    > the consulate that the kid do not intent to enter a school here, and both them will
    > go back together? Can you give me a list of docs which are necessary and/or
    > helpful?
    >
    > Thank you very much!
    >
    > Zhuming