Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Top tip for document collection in London

Wikiposts

Top tip for document collection in London

Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top tip for document collection in London

Thought I would share this as it is not commonly known.

If you send documents by courier to/ from the US London embassy then you have to use SMS or DX as they are known now.

When waiting for the documents, you can track them and if you see that the documents have been returned from the embassy back to the courier, you may, instead of waiting for them to deliver them- which will be the next working day - ask them very nicely to expedite them, that very same day.

This is what I did on Monday. I asked nicely and the nice lady granted my wish. It cost me a extra £40 but basically here was the timescale.

From my passport and package being released from embassy processing back to the courier and then sent straight to me by bike immediately and then hand delivered into my grubby mitt from said courier took about 3 hours door to door. Not bad eh.

It sure beat waiting out a nervous night of wondering what was coming back.

If you want to expedite - which they don't advertise and don't tell you about for obvious reasons, you can call the number which is direct to the embassy and NOT their customer care line who were frankly sh...

anyways, figured I would share.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top tip for document collection in London

Thanks for that insight, GB.

We'll find a safe place to put this for everyone to read and learn from your experience and help.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top tip for document collection in London

Originally Posted by Rete
Thanks for that insight, GB.

We'll find a safe place to put this for everyone to read and learn from your experience and help.

For others!