Too frequent visits in the US ?

Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

spider_pig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too frequent visits in the US ?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and appreciate all the information that I get here. I have the following issue and would like to ask you for your comments.

I wonder if I'm travelling to the US too frequently and may be jeopardizing the VWP for my trips. These were my trips to the US within the last 12 months:

1.) November 22-28, 2006: holiday in Miami Beach
2.) March 11 - 20, 2007: business trip to Atlanta with 4 adjacent vacation days. Met my girlfriend there
3.) June 3 - 13, 2007: holiday in Atlanta, visiting my girlfriend
4.) September 1 - 9, 2007: holiday in Atlanta, visiting my girlfriend.

Yesterday, I got the information that I have to go on another business trip to Atlanta from October 9 - 12, afterwards I will spend the weekend with my girlfriend.

Before I knew about this upcoming business trip, I already booked my next holiday in Atlanta that will be from November 17 - December 1.

Thus, I will end up with 6 trips to the US within a 12-month period. The total time I spent there will add up to 58 days.

What do you think, might this already be too much time I spent there / are my visits to the US too frequent ?

I appreciate all your comments.

Regards - Mike
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too frequent visits in the US ?

Originally Posted by spider_pig
What do you think, might this already be too much time I spent there / are my visits to the US too frequent ?
I don't think you have anything to worry about. IMHO, your pattern does not demonstrate abuse of the system. Understand though, that on *any* trip to the US you can be refused entry.

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think you have anything to worry about. IMHO, your pattern does not demonstrate abuse of the system. Understand though, that on *any* trip to the US you can be refused entry.

Ian
Short stays as you are doing are not normally a problem
only when you get to full 90 day stays... do they normally get
interested ..
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

spider_pig is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses so far - one of my biggest concerns is that I'm always entering the US at the same POE, regardless of whether it's a business trip or holiday. I thought that might get those immigration guys suspicious ...

Mike
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:39 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses so far - one of my biggest concerns is that I'm always entering the US at the same POE, regardless of whether it's a business trip or holiday. I thought that might get those immigration guys suspicious ...

Mike
Why would it - people have a habit of sticking with certain airlines and specific routes, so you are not alone.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

TonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really niceTonyLA is just really nice

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and appreciate all the information that I get here. I have the following issue and would like to ask you for your comments.

I wonder if I'm travelling to the US too frequently and may be jeopardizing the VWP for my trips. These were my trips to the US within the last 12 months:

1.) November 22-28, 2006: holiday in Miami Beach
2.) March 11 - 20, 2007: business trip to Atlanta with 4 adjacent vacation days. Met my girlfriend there
3.) June 3 - 13, 2007: holiday in Atlanta, visiting my girlfriend
4.) September 1 - 9, 2007: holiday in Atlanta, visiting my girlfriend.

Yesterday, I got the information that I have to go on another business trip to Atlanta from October 9 - 12, afterwards I will spend the weekend with my girlfriend.

Before I knew about this upcoming business trip, I already booked my next holiday in Atlanta that will be from November 17 - December 1.

Thus, I will end up with 6 trips to the US within a 12-month period. The total time I spent there will add up to 58 days.

I appreciate all your comments.

Regards - Mike
Well......over a 5 year period I made a couple of dozen trips to the US - some for business, some for pleasure. Almost always same POE and sometimes staying close to the 90 days on the VWP. I had similar concerns to you but I just made sure the trips were all legitimate and within the terms of the VWP. Listed every one on my O-1 visa application and was never asked about it.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Mike
Or, you might make friends with them.