TN visa Renewal

Old Feb 26th 2001, 10:51 pm
LoveIt

Hey there; Does anybody know how hard it is to renew a TN, multiple entry Visa? Been
working for a year. Employer likes me and wants me to stay permanently. They had a real
hard time getting someone. Is it very hard to renew my TN? I'm a Canadian Engineer. Thanks
in advance....

Old Feb 27th 2001, 8:25 pm
Rana

If you need to stay longer in US you should look at H1B and Green Card. as far as I know you can not file for green card from TN since you can not have dual intent while on TN but it is allowed on H1B. Hope this will help

Old Feb 28th 2001, 3:15 pm
Geoff Ghitter

As you may know the TN visa is designed for professionals working on limited duration
projects. I don't think you could be permanently employed and still retain TN status. The
letter I submit to the INS every year states explicitly that this is year 2 of a 5 year
project, for example. I will be renewing my TN visa for the fifth and final time this
summer, and don't expect to have any problems, although my application last summer got
more scrutiny than ever before.

Geoff Ghitter

>
Been
    >
    >
TN?
    >

Old Mar 5th 2001, 2:25 am
PrairieDog

Renewing a TN is easy enough. Your employer files an I-129 with the Nebraska Service
Center. Just make sure it arrives BEFORE your expiry date. I suggest Express Mail with
return receipt.

And check out www.grasmick.com. It's an excellent site that deals mainly with canada to US
business immigration.

>
Been
    >
    >
TN?
    >

Old Mar 5th 2001, 5:07 am
Gary L. Dare

If you need to stay longer in US you should look at H1B
    >

H1, yes, but how do the British expats feel about terms like Selective Service (draft)
registration for their sons, maybe even themselves as permanent residents? It's given a
few Canadians pause when I point out that little detail ...

Next stop ... Colombia?

--
Gary L. Dare [email protected]

Ripco, Chicago's Oldest Online Information Service

Old Mar 5th 2001, 3:53 pm
Stuart Gill

It doesn't have to _arrive_ before your expiry date. It does have to be sent in a timely
manner which means basically that it must be put into the mail before the expiry date
though earlier is always better and be sure to get proof that it was sent (registered
mail etc.).

Stuart

P.S. A TN _isn't_ a visa it's a status. Canadians don't need a visa to enter the US.

in message

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >