Tn visa (canada) to E-1 ?

Old May 18th 2022, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Ironbruu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tn visa (canada) to E-1 ?

Hi, I’m a new TN Visa holder from canada (2 months) What is the process of getting it transferred to a E-1? Is it simple a case of first getting the LLC created in the USA state I’m in ?
Old May 18th 2022, 3:52 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tn visa (canada) to E-1 ?

Hmm. I find your inquiry to be quite puzzling. I read your other posts. You have demonstrated an ability to misinterpret information or to extrapolate non-existent conclusions.

“It is a puzzlement.” Richard Rogers
Old May 18th 2022, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Hmm. I find your inquiry to be quite puzzling. I read your other posts. You have demonstrated an ability to misinterpret information or to extrapolate non-existent conclusions.

“It is a puzzlement.” Richard Rogers
wtf ? How kind of you to say !!
​​​​​​
‘An Ego trip , a journey to nowhere’ - Robert Half

Last edited by Ironbruu; May 18th 2022 at 4:20 pm.
Old May 18th 2022, 4:45 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ironbruu
wtf ? How kind of you to say !!
​​​​​​
‘An Ego trip , a journey to nowhere’ - Robert Half
You are very welcome. That said, I would not have described you as being on an ego trip.

I am a firm believer in the rubric that there is no such thing a dumb question. That said, a parable of four different questioners is recited every year at Jewish Passover Seder. I find this article to be of interest.

Good luck and take care.
Old May 18th 2022, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

You are very welcome. That said, I would not have described you as being on an ego trip.

I am a firm believer in the rubric that there is no such thing a dumb question. That said, a parable of four different questioners is recited every year at Jewish Passover Seder. I find this article to be of interest.

Good luck and take care.
dude go out a take a leisurely walk and breathe in some fresh air. Sounds like you need it
Old May 18th 2022, 7:06 pm
BE Commentator

dude go out a take a leisurely walk and breathe in some fresh air. Sounds like you need it
OK. I just finished my daily walk.

I still find your questions puzzling. For example, do you realize that the wording of your question suggests that the qualifying trade has yet to start? You don’t say which treaty you would be applying under - Canada or UK? There are some differences.

I really think that legal consultation is in order. You seek to enter one of the more complicated areas of immigration law.
Old May 18th 2022, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I’m a new TN Visa holder from canada (2 months) What is the process of getting it transferred to a E-1? Is it simple a case of first getting the LLC created in the USA state I’m in ?

anyway managed to get so more info so it’s a E-2 I would need to create and start the process and petition once a LLC is created
Old May 18th 2022, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

OK. I just finished my daily walk.

I still find your questions puzzling. For example, do you realize that the wording of your question suggests that the qualifying trade has yet to start? You don’t say which treaty you would be applying under - Canada or UK?.
Why would anyone be on a TN visa if they are from uk ?????
Old May 18th 2022, 7:45 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone be on a TN visa if they are from uk ?????
people can have multiple citizenships….
Old May 18th 2022, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
people can have multiple citizenships….
the TN Visa is for Canadians or Mexicans . Nothing do with uk. I’ve already said aswell as the subject line of thread and the op.
Old May 18th 2022, 8:11 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

the TN Visa is for Canadians or Mexicans . Nothing do with uk. I’ve already said aswell as the subject line of thread and the op.
your subject say TN to E1. As a Canadian you can apply for TN, but not a E1. But as a British Citizen you could apply for the E1…

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...es/treaty.html

Last edited by tht; May 18th 2022 at 8:22 pm.
Old May 18th 2022, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, a puzzling question, and also kind of difficult to see the point in this case.

Regardless, you are generally able to hold two different, valid non-immigrant visas at the same time. Again in general (emphasis here on "in general"), one does not have a bearing on the other unless one requires an activity that the other expressly disallows or something like that. The idea of "transferring" is not really a thing.

As usual, more context is needed to give you any advice, but I think doing some more research is probably in order too, so you can ask a more specific question.
Old May 18th 2022, 10:45 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by tht
your subject say TN to E1. As a Canadian you can apply for TN, but not a E1. But as a British Citizen you could apply for the E1…

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...es/treaty.html
Yes, a nearly 40 year old case on dual nationals is Matter of Ognibene (case predates FTA with Canada). Also, the way his question is drawn up implies a belief that he need only register a LLC to start an E application. OP really needs competent legal advice.
Old May 18th 2022, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a lawyer, but I really do enjoy reading the legal decisions you link Mr Folinsky , thank you.