Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline query- Citizenship Baltimore

Timeline query- Citizenship Baltimore

Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:12 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default Timeline query- Citizenship Baltimore

Hello all:
My husband is a British Citizen who originally came over on a K-1 fiance visa. Having been a Green Card holder for almost 4 years, he applied for US citizenship.
He just went in for his exam (he passed) and interview last week.

This was conducted at the Baltimore Federal Building.
Any idea how long the wait is for him to hear:
-If he has been granted citizenship?
- When his swearing in will be?

Thinking of throwing a wee shindig after he's sworn in and want to plan if it'll be a bar b que or an indoor cocktail party!

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 12:22 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline query- Citizenship Baltimore

Originally Posted by ms_bhon
Hello all:
My husband is a British Citizen who originally came over on a K-1 fiance visa. Having been a Green Card holder for almost 4 years, he applied for US citizenship.
He just went in for his exam (he passed) and interview last week.

This was conducted at the Baltimore Federal Building.
Did they tell him everything was complete? My wife passed her interview there last month, but the background/name checks were not completed. My wife was given a form with boxes that had the "interview,civics test" completed box checked off, but another box that a decision could not be made at this time was also checked.

The bad news is if he is in the same situation it could be a while before the background/name checks are completed. I called a couple days later and the woman I spoke with wouldn't give much info, but I squeezed out of her that some people have waited 2 years.

I plan to give it a few months and then call Senator Milulski's immigration liaison.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 12:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ms_bhon
To be pedantic, he will be granted citizenship only when he is sworn in! Until he takes the Oath of Allegience, he's just another PR! That said, these things usually go pretty quickly. My Oath Ceremony was about 6 weeks after my interview. Of course, YMMV.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2006, 2:11 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Michael-
His sheet of paper said pretty much the same thing

Hopefully, things will go as quickly for our spouses as they did for Ian!

Thanks for your replies... I guess I'll wait on that trip to Sam's Club and Beltway Fine Wines and Liquors, then ....