Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

I attended for fingerprinting on Monday (17th Dec.) at OKC office, 10am. I was in and out within 30 minutes. The car park was packed , but the waiting room I was in wasn't very busy, and I didn't see many clutching their civics study package. Is this a good sign, I wonder?

I'm hoping that the 365 day estimate for notification of interview will be a tad pessimistic!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Naturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really nice

Haven't seen anyone post a timeline for VSC lately. Well, here's mine so far:

Oct 02 2007: Sent N-400
Oct 04 2007: Priority Date on Receipt Notice
Nov 27 2007: VSC Cashed Check
Dec 10 2007: Receipt Notice
Dec 11 2007: Fingerprint Notification
Jan 03 2008: Fingerprint Appointment

Guess things are in the hands of the NYC office now.

The receipt notice says I can expect to hear back about an interview date "within 540 days of this notice"!!! Is that standard language, or does it reflect the projected processing time for the district office?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

Naturalizer

It seems to be based on their 15 to 18 month estimate for processing cases submitted after 1 June, with each district office's estimate slightly different, presumably because of their varying caseloads.

At least it does say "within.....days" which could mean anything from a week's time to more than a year's time !

It'll be less easy for us to monitor progress from FP onwards, unless involved with one of the busier offices with lots of forum members involved.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

I got a letter to go to OKC for fingerprints on Dec 24th "or any Wednesday after this at the same time" for so many weeks afterwards .. then a week or so later I got a second notice telling me that my date had changed to Jan 8th... no chance of other dates .... not that I need one .. the 8th works just fine.

I'm guessing the 6-8 hour trip for the sake of a 30 second set of fingerprints that they already took right here in Tulsa a few years ago will be worth it in the end .... I always thought that your fingerprints were yours for life though ... wonder why they need to take them again ? The set they already have as well as the ones that appear on my permanent resident card must not be good enough for them ...

Just another way to milk a few more $$'s from me I guess.

Ho hum .... smile and nod and get out your checkbook ... oh yeah .. and welcome to America ....
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jokeworm
I always thought that your fingerprints were yours for life though ... wonder why they need to take them again ?
Don't be so dim. Your actual fingerprints don't change... but the manner in which they are saved are not retreivable by their ancient and outdated computer system. Since new background checks are required at every stage of the process, and they can not retrieve earlier sets of fingerprints, they must take new ones so that they can start the process of checking you out... again!

Ian
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't be so dim. Your actual fingerprints don't change... but the manner in which they are saved are not retreivable by their ancient and outdated computer system.
I'd be prepared to wager that if I committed some kind of crime they would be able to retrieve them just fine ... you would have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

Once they have your prints - they have your prints ... you can make as many copies or input them into as many computer systems or duplicate them to as many files or send them to as many paper pushers as you like.

There is ZERO need for this to be done more than once .. let alone three or four times... other than the fact that its a few extra $$'s in the back pocket.

Last edited by jokeworm; Jan 1st 2008 at 3:29 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jokeworm - the fingerprinting this time was in more detail than I've had before. Each finger of each hand, flat first, then "rolled". I suppose it took around 10 minutes because she had to keep checking the result and re-doing if not satisfactory.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aycee
Jokeworm - the fingerprinting this time was in more detail than I've had before. Each finger of each hand, flat first, then "rolled". I suppose it took around 10 minutes because she had to keep checking the result and re-doing if not satisfactory.

Ahh - I've only had the "rolled" before I think.

I guess they should have done it right the first time then huh ?

(can't find the tongue in cheek smiley)
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had our appointment date sent to us for the dreaded interview. Our son's interview is later this month and mine and hubby's is in February. We came over originally on L1/L2. I do have a question though. I don't know if this applies to us seeing neither of us are US citizens that we have to provide 3 years tax info. I gather it is only for people with a US spouse. Can anyone put me straight on that matter. Interveiw is in NH.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
I don't know if this applies to us seeing neither of us are US citizens that we have to provide 3 years tax info. I gather it is only for people with a US spouse.
Generally speaking, if you are a US resident you are required to file a US tax return. It doesn't matter whether or not you are a US citizen or a US permanent resident. If you reside in the US, you must file a US tax return.

Note: the IRS definition of "resident" is different from the USCIS definition of "resident". For IRS purposes, you are considered resident if you live in the US 6 or more months out of the year.

If you have not filed US tax returns and were supposed to, you probably want to sort that out ASAP.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We have filed taxes ever since we have lived here. The question was is do we have to take evidence of tax returns to the interveiw or if it is only for people that are married to US citizens.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 issues here:
- The tax transcripts for the married couple shows (first) that you are married and filing jointly (or married filing separately) It's one part of the evidence of marriage.
- The tax transcripts also serve as an indicator that one has kept within the law (for 3 or 5 years depending is spouse is US citizen or not) and are a model citizen.... You'll remember, I'm sure, on the N-400 form that one of the questions relates to "Have you filed taxes since becoming a permanent resident" (or similar). This is to show you're a law abiding person since becoming a LPR...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We have filed taxes ever since we have lived here. The question was is do we have to take evidence of tax returns to the interveiw or if it is only for people that are married to US citizens.
There are several situations that require tax information. See page 48 of The Guide to Naturalization for starters: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

I seem to recall people being asked about their tax returns as part of the good moral character clause. They're one of those things.. so easy to get, why not order a set and have them to hand in case requested?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

The question was is do we have to take evidence of tax returns to the interveiw or if it is only for people that are married to US citizens.
Your original post was not clear... perhaps you could have worded your question a bit better! Yes, take evidence that you have filed... the requirement is not only for those married to a USC.

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Here's another timeline to keep you all interested:

Dec 15 2007: Sent N400
Dec 17 2007: USPS notice of receipt
Jan 12 2008: Receipt notice, "expect notice of interview within 90 days"

I like the sound of 90 days compared to 360 or 540! Who knows, I might get through in time to vote after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.