Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:19 pm
  #301  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hebron, Northern kentucky
Posts: 7
dnmartin98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

So here is a conundrum.....

I mailed my N-400 on 15th Jan. I sent it USPS certified and it went to Mesquite, TX. Checking the tracking number shows that it was forwarded to Lewisville, TX for some reason, where, according to USPS, it is still sitting waiting to be picked up.

Yesterday, I realised something totally totally stupid. I forgot to put the photos and photocopy of my greencard in the envelope. How dumb is that? As someone who is all about instructions, I can't believe I screwed that one up. A call to the general helpline resulted in them saying that it would just be sent back to me, and I would not lose my $675, or be denied. Can anyone verify this?

Now, today I have received TWO i-797c forms, both saying the same thing, that the application has been received on January 21st, 2009, with a priority date of January 21st 2009, and that upon receipt of all required Record Checks I will be scheduled to appear for an interview. The office address on the letter is is in Lee's Summit MO, which seems odd...

So, what happens next. A check online with my case number shows it in progress, but I am really nervous that I have screwed things up with my mistake. As of yesterday the check has not been cashed.

Should I just sit tight and wait, or is there another recommended course of action?

Cheers,

In stupidity....:embaressed_smile:

DavidM

Location - Kentucky
Mailed N-400 - 15th January 09 - TSC
N-400 Rec'd - 21st January 09
Check cashed -
Notice of Action -
FP Appointment -
Interview date -
Oath Ceremony -
dnmartin98 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:40 pm
  #302  
Ray
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68,280
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Sit and wait ..not much else you can do
May take a photo when you go for Biometrics

Be cool ...
Ray is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:26 pm
  #303  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,865
ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by dnmartin98 View Post
Should I just sit tight and wait, or is there another recommended course of action?
As counter-intuitive as it sounds, Ray is right. Do nothing. In time, you will receive an RFE and at that time, you send them what they need. Do *not* send the stuff until such time as they ask for it.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:17 pm
  #304  
I can't Re-Member
 
HighSpeedGrandma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Back in the UK after 21 years away.
Posts: 781
HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
Silly me, I meant your interview date

I hope that your letter didn't get lost in the mixed up mail

I wouldn't rely on the website either, as it was never updated for my case. I signed up for the e-mail notifications when there was a change in my case, but never once got an e-mail from them, and it was never updated online.

Is there any other way you can find out about your appointment, just in case there was a letter sent and you didn't get it? Can you make an appointment to go in, I think it is a Fast pass appointment or something like that.
Hey, just an update. I went to the InfoPass appointment today. It wasn't what I expected. I had an appointment for 11am but it's basically get there, get given a ticket and sit and wait till your number is called, so at 12.15pm they call me. As soon as I said to the lady behind the counter "I filed my n400 in September" she started shaking her head.
So, undaunted I continued to tell her my concerns.
Basically she shook her head the whole time, clacked on her keyboard, said come back in April if you don't hear anything and that was it.
Oh, she also said that the letter that I have that says "will receive notification within 90 days, blah, blah, blah" is just a 'form letter' and to basically not take any notice of it.
I feel so much more enlightened now.
Actually, the fact that a letter hasn't been sent out is good news, at least I know I haven't missed anything.
But anyone else here had experience with the Fairfax DO?
I shall sit and wait patiently....and blow raspberries at my letter that led me to believe I was in for a quick process.
Yeah, I know it's a case by case thing, and we all have to be patient and seeing the hundreds of people at that office this morning brings home just how much paperwork they have to deal with.
So, here's hoping for citizenship sometime before I reach old age.
HighSpeedGrandma is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:33 pm
  #305  
BE Forum Addict
 
Marmalade's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Southwestern Illinois, USA
Posts: 1,902
Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma View Post
Hey, just an update. I went to the InfoPass appointment today. It wasn't what I expected. I had an appointment for 11am but it's basically get there, get given a ticket and sit and wait till your number is called, so at 12.15pm they call me. As soon as I said to the lady behind the counter "I filed my n400 in September" she started shaking her head.
So, undaunted I continued to tell her my concerns.
Basically she shook her head the whole time, clacked on her keyboard, said come back in April if you don't hear anything and that was it.
Oh, she also said that the letter that I have that says "will receive notification within 90 days, blah, blah, blah" is just a 'form letter' and to basically not take any notice of it.
I feel so much more enlightened now.
Actually, the fact that a letter hasn't been sent out is good news, at least I know I haven't missed anything.
But anyone else here had experience with the Fairfax DO?
I shall sit and wait patiently....and blow raspberries at my letter that led me to believe I was in for a quick process.
Yeah, I know it's a case by case thing, and we all have to be patient and seeing the hundreds of people at that office this morning brings home just how much paperwork they have to deal with.
So, here's hoping for citizenship sometime before I reach old age.
HSG,

Well, that's one good thing, that you know you haven't been mailed the letter yet, so no appointment has been missed. I will cross my fingers for you getting the letter very, very, soon.
Marmalade is offline  
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:55 pm
  #306  
Forum Regular
 
Scorchio's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 202
Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Yet another update...

Dec 15 2007: Sent N400
Dec 17 2007: USPS notice of receipt
Jan 12 2008: Receipt notice, "expect notice of interview within 90 days"
Mar 13 2008: Appointment for fingerprinting
Jan 7 2009: Fought my way through the USCIS customer "service" menu to try to find out wtf is going on. Now expecting a status report from San Antonio within the next month.
Jan 17 2009: Received status report saying the background check is still ongoing.
Feb 6 2009: Received notice of interview on March 16!

So yeah, HSG, the 90 days thing seems to be just a standard form reply. Having said that, the cynic in me is wondering if the status request led them to find my application had slipped down the back of the sofa or something.

Still... yay!
Scorchio is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:23 pm
  #307  
I can't Re-Member
 
HighSpeedGrandma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Back in the UK after 21 years away.
Posts: 781
HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
HSG,

Well, that's one good thing, that you know you haven't been mailed the letter yet, so no appointment has been missed. I will cross my fingers for you getting the letter very, very, soon.
Hi there. Odd thing, when I got home on Monday there was a letter from the Dept. of Homeland Security saying that after complete review of my file they want me to bring my drivers license and all passports to my interview, and to dress appropriately etc etc. But no date for an interview?!
But at least it sounds like it's getting close.
HighSpeedGrandma is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:26 pm
  #308  
I can't Re-Member
 
HighSpeedGrandma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Back in the UK after 21 years away.
Posts: 781
HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
Yet another update...

Dec 15 2007: Sent N400
Dec 17 2007: USPS notice of receipt
Jan 12 2008: Receipt notice, "expect notice of interview within 90 days"
Mar 13 2008: Appointment for fingerprinting
Jan 7 2009: Fought my way through the USCIS customer "service" menu to try to find out wtf is going on. Now expecting a status report from San Antonio within the next month.
Jan 17 2009: Received status report saying the background check is still ongoing.
Feb 6 2009: Received notice of interview on March 16!

So yeah, HSG, the 90 days thing seems to be just a standard form reply. Having said that, the cynic in me is wondering if the status request led them to find my application had slipped down the back of the sofa or something.

Still... yay!
I tend to think that they did find your application down the back of the sofa too! I am rather cynical, but at the same time try to remain positive. Either way, we have no control anyway and just have to go with the assumption that one day, sooner or later, hopefully before we pop our clogs, that we will get through it.
Good luck with the interview. And wooohooo....
HighSpeedGrandma is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:55 pm
  #309  
BE Forum Addict
 
Marmalade's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Southwestern Illinois, USA
Posts: 1,902
Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma View Post
Hi there. Odd thing, when I got home on Monday there was a letter from the Dept. of Homeland Security saying that after complete review of my file they want me to bring my drivers license and all passports to my interview, and to dress appropriately etc etc. But no date for an interview?!
But at least it sounds like it's getting close.
Sounds like a child is handling your case
Marmalade is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:33 pm
  #310  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Duncan Roberts's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Avon Lake, OH
Posts: 5,270
Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

OK, here's mine via Cleveland.

Application accepted - 11/4/2008
Fingerprints - 12/1/2008
Interview - 2/4/2009
Oath ceremony scheduled- 2/20/2009

At the interview I was told I would get the oath letter in about 5 weeks, it was dated 2 days after the interview. I make that 107 days from start to finish even though the online system says they are processing applications from June 08.
Duncan Roberts is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:09 pm
  #311  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 99
needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma View Post
Hi there. Odd thing, when I got home on Monday there was a letter from the Dept. of Homeland Security saying that after complete review of my file they want me to bring my drivers license and all passports to my interview, and to dress appropriately etc etc. But no date for an interview?!
But at least it sounds like it's getting close.
Is that common? I thought the only letter you will receive after your fingerprints is your interview letter. Never heard about this letter. Please let me know if this is common since I am also waiting for my interview letter. Which office are you going through?
needhelp is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:56 pm
  #312  
I can't Re-Member
 
HighSpeedGrandma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Back in the UK after 21 years away.
Posts: 781
HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by needhelp View Post
Is that common? I thought the only letter you will receive after your fingerprints is your interview letter. Never heard about this letter. Please let me know if this is common since I am also waiting for my interview letter. Which office are you going through?
I would hazard a guess that this is NOT common. You can pretty much bet that if I do anything it doesn't run the way it does for most people. If something can go wrong, fall apart or whatever, then it usually does. I mean where is the logic of sending a letter telling me all they need me to bring in to my interview is a drivers license and passports when they haven't even told me I have an interview scheduled?
HighSpeedGrandma is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:03 pm
  #313  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 99
needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma View Post
You can pretty much bet that if I do anything it doesn't run the way it does for most people. I mean where is the logic of sending a letter telling me all they need me to bring in to my interview is a drivers license and passports when they haven't even told me I have an interview scheduled?
I hear you. Good luck!
needhelp is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:02 pm
  #314  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hebron, Northern kentucky
Posts: 7
dnmartin98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Well, I received my fingerprint letter last week and went to my appointment. I was the only one there and the whole thing was over in a mattter of minutes.

Still no word from anyone on the fact that I didn't enclose the photos or copy of my greencard with my N-400. So I guess I just sit and wait.

On the web it shows that my application is at the National Benefits Centre. Seeing as I mailed it Texas, what does that mean I wonder!

Ah well....I guess I just wait. I have no idea what happens next!

DavidM

Location - Kentucky
Mailed N-400 - 15th January 09 - TSC
N-400 Rec'd - 21st January 09
Check cashed - 23rd January 09
Notice of Action - 29th January 09
FP Appointment - 19th February 09
Interview date -
Oath Ceremony -
dnmartin98 is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:13 pm
  #315  
 
meauxna's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 35,082
meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by dnmartin98 View Post
Well, I received my fingerprint letter last week and went to my appointment. I was the only one there and the whole thing was over in a mattter of minutes.

Still no word from anyone on the fact that I didn't enclose the photos or copy of my greencard with my N-400. So I guess I just sit and wait.

On the web it shows that my application is at the National Benefits Centre. Seeing as I mailed it Texas, what does that mean I wonder!

Ah well....I guess I just wait. I have no idea what happens next!

DavidM

Location - Kentucky
Mailed N-400 - 15th January 09 - TSC
N-400 Rec'd - 21st January 09
Check cashed - 23rd January 09
Notice of Action - 29th January 09
FP Appointment - 19th February 09
Interview date -
Oath Ceremony -
The Biometrics people who work at the Application Support Center aren't USCIS employees, they're contractors who take fingerprints and photos, so I am not surprised that they didn't ask you about details of your application. If that comes up, it will be at your interview.

The NBC hold your application until the office in Hebron, Northern kentucky is ready to interview you. Your security checks are probably run from here as well. Now, you just wait. You are waiting for your name checks to clear, and for an interview to be scheduled. You can watch your local office processing dates for N-400 (even tho your app is at the NBC) for a clue, but as you know, they are vague time guesses.
meauxna is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.