Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

I think I'll be ok yet ... I know they recd the application as i sent it with delivery confirmation. The website says they had a pretty bad rush and that as of Friday - they had sent acknowledgments to those applications that had been recd up to and including the 16th July (I sent mine 9-10 days after this date and they recd it on the 30th according to USPS website) so I'll give it another few weeks before i start to worry
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jokeworm
I think I'll be ok yet ... I know they recd the application as i sent it with delivery confirmation. The website says they had a pretty bad rush and that as of Friday - they had sent acknowledgments to those applications that had been recd up to and including the 16th July (I sent mine 9-10 days after this date and they recd it on the 30th according to USPS website) so I'll give it another few weeks before i start to worry
Stop worrying about the dates and timelines they give you on-line...they mean nothing IMO. Wait a few more weeks...they'll get round to you.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Jamiewrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree with that advice. Appications can go missing -- it happens. Applications get sidetracked -- it happens. Errors are made. None of the immigration lawyers I have used for HIB status, EBI status, or citizenship would take the viewpoint of, "oh well, they will eventually get around to you." Further, we are taxpayers as well and should agitate for efficiency and competence -- that is the American way, thank God.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Jamiewrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Although the fact that have acknowledged the application is clearly a good thing.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jamiewrit
Although the fact that have acknowledged the application is clearly a good thing.

They have not acknowledged anything at all yet ... that's the point

Like I said .. not too worried yet - looking at the backlog they claim to have - I'm guessing I'm in for a few more weeks yet
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They have not acknowledged anything at all yet ... that's the point

Like I said .. not too worried yet - looking at the backlog they claim to have - I'm guessing I'm in for a few more weeks yet
That's what I would do then if you haven't heard anything make an Info Pass appointment and go and see them. No point in writing or trying to phone...you need to go to the USCIS offices in person.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's what I would do then if you haven't heard anything make an Info Pass appointment and go and see them. No point in writing or trying to phone...you need to go to the USCIS offices in person.
yup - I'll wait until about 10 days after they show my received date on the website - and if i have not heard anything I'll start making plans .. I could do without the long drive and probably time off work and overnight stay in a hotel if i can avoid it - i have confirmation from the post office that they recd my info .. the website says they have not yet processed applications that were sent on the date i sent it - so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt .. for now ...

I've been waiting 6 years or whatever it it so far to get to the stage I'm at now - a few more weeks isn't going to hurt anything

I'm not overly worried .. was just trying to get an idea if the time lines on the site were close to what others were seeing.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

The service centers were flooded with applications in July, just before the big fee increases. I suspect all those filers will be facing delays, and that the timelines of the recent past won't apply. And don't put much faith in the online case information system. My case was never even entered; throughout my N-400 processing any attempt to find information online was rewarded with a message like "no record found". My case proceeded normally and I'm now a citizen. All the July 2007 filers are going to have to be patient.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

I'm not overly worried .. was just trying to get an idea if the time lines on the site were close to what others were seeing.

Jokeworm - I sent my N400 to Texas on 26 July, signed for on 30 July.
So far my cheque hasn't been cashed. Like you, I'm expecting to wait several more weeks for any movement. TSC is lagging behind the other service centres according to the published stats, which, in this case, do seem to be accurate - according to other applicants who have applied to other centres.

I'm in Oklahoma too, so our application timelines will probably follow similar patterns.
I'll update if anything occurs.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

update - 10 weeks now and counting. Website indicates they are getting through approx one or two days of recd applications each week. They show that they are now processing items recd on the 18th July .. at the current processing rate it looks as though it could be another 6-12 weeks before they start to process the application ....

Fortunately - I've got nowhere else I need to be ....

Looks like i won't be getting a vote until 2012 though ...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

update - 10 weeks now and counting. Website indicates they are getting through approx one or two days of recd applications each week. They show that they are now processing items recd on the 18th July .. at the current processing rate it looks as though it could be another 6-12 weeks before they start to process the application ....

Fortunately - I've got nowhere else I need to be ....

Looks like i won't be getting a vote until 2012 though ...

I'm wondering if they'll speed up once they get past the I485s - they say they're giving priority to those, their 2nd in priority is N400s. Did you see the explanations they have given (kind of FAQs).

I dunno - I've stopped worrying about it - but I'd really, really like to be able to vote. I've sunk all I have here and would prefer not to be disenfranchised for a futher 4 years.

Here's the link to the FAQs re delays

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

hadn't seen that - looks like they have done all of the I485's that would have been sent in up to and including the "rush" date ... so maybe things will move along a little faster now

No worries .... dealing with immigration gives you a whole new level of understanding of the word "patience"

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Update : Now more than 16 weeks - 4 months.

Still no contact from them.

Website is showing that they are processing items recd on July 19th .. they have moved forward a full three days worth of applications in the past five weeks.

Frightening.

Looks like we could be waiting another 4-6 months before they even start processing if they are consistent with the amount of applications they process.

I just hope the check is still good 10 months after i sent it to them of thats the case
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I file next month. Filing centre, Texas. Doesn't look too promising from what I have read. Ah well.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi jokeworm

I read somewhere that TSC is unlikely to move very fast on N400s until they have reached 16th Nov (or 18th?) for the I485s - apparently that is the cut-off date for something (didn't really understand what). That stage should be reached in the next two weeks I reckon.

There was a 'conference call' about a week ago, and information from there indicated that they hope to be "up to date" on receipting by January . They had previously said waiting time would be 15 weeks. We'll soon see whether the 15 weeks has gone out the window! They got my N400 on 30 July, 15 weeks will be up around 12 November .

More from that conference call - the total of all applications July/August was 1.2 million, of whioch 500,000 were N400s. At the time of the conference, about 10 days ago, 480,000 applications (all types) awaited receipting.

They updated those FAQs and added ino about cheques expiring, last week.

Oh joy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.