Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
That makes sense. Thanks for the update.
No problem
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You do get your passport back right?
They can't keep it... your passport is the property of the foreign government that issued it, not the person whose name is on it.

Ian
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough

Mailed N-400 - August 30th, 08 to VSC
N-400 Rec'd - September 8th, 08 (because of long weekend)
Check cashed - September 10th, 08
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 17,2008
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 26, 2008 for Finger prints
Finger prints schedual on October 8th, 2008

I went for FP on October 8th, 2008. It was really quick though i got there at 11 and ittook 30 min, they checked my GC thats it.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raaz74

I went for FP on October 8th, 2008. It was really quick though i got there at 11 and ittook 30 min, they checked my GC thats it.
One step closer! I hope you get your appointment letter soon

HighSpeedGrandma,
Did you manage to get your fingerprints done too
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:35 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. I went for my fingerprinting yesterday too. I was amazed at how quick it was. My appointment was for 9.00am. We got there at 8.45am. I was out within 15 minutes!
One thing I was surprised at was when you check in they ask to look at your hands. Does anyone know why that is? I mean, if someone were wearing gloves that would be obvious and they just glance at your hands so what are they looking for? They ask everyone who signs in.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:46 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
One step closer! I hope you get your appointment letter soon

HighSpeedGrandma,
Did you manage to get your fingerprints done too
Hi Marmalade. Sorry, yes I posted my reply. I was really impressed with how easy and fast it was.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Marmalade. Sorry, yes I posted my reply. I was really impressed with how easy and fast it was.
Yes, it was 15 mins for me too when I went. They didn't ask to look at my hands though like you described

Did you get the book with the CD?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:30 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Yes, it was 15 mins for me too when I went. They didn't ask to look at my hands though like you described

Did you get the book with the CD?
I thought it was strange but every single person that came in they asked to see the appointment letter, then they took that, said 'lets look at your hands' and you had to turn your hands palms up. They barely glanced at them.

Apparently you don't get the CD anymore. That changed on October 1. You just get a book. If you get your appointment for interview before 10/1/2009 you get to choose whether you take the new or old test so you only need to study the 100 questions sheet, if you choose the new test you need the whole book.
Here's hoping I get the appointment before 10/1/2009!!
The new test is harder so I am going to opt for the old test.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought it was strange but every single person that came in they asked to see the appointment letter, then they took that, said 'lets look at your hands' and you had to turn your hands palms up. They barely glanced at them.

Apparently you don't get the CD anymore. That changed on October 1. You just get a book. If you get your appointment for interview before 10/1/2009 you get to choose whether you take the new or old test so you only need to study the 100 questions sheet, if you choose the new test you need the whole book.
I'll be taking the old test too, seeing my naturalization interview is on the 13th November this year.

Hope you get your letter for interview soon
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough

They didn't see my hands though, thats not fair lol. I got there they checked my cell if it was off or on and then they gave me the handbook for the test.

It was really quick though, i should have taken day half from my work but i already called sick lol.

So, what is the next step?

Good luck !
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:58 pm
I can't Re-Member

They didn't see my hands though, thats not fair lol. I got there they checked my cell if it was off or on and then they gave me the handbook for the test.

It was really quick though, i should have taken day half from my work but i already called sick lol.

So, what is the next step?

Good luck !
It must be a Virginia/DC thing! They want to make sure we have hands and they aren't in our pockets!!

They didn't give us the book till after you had the fingerprints done.

I think the next step, unless they need verification of anytning, is the interview date letter!!

Good luck to you too.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

They checked my hands in Phoenix at the registration desk, just a quick once over, probably to mke sure that you haven't been filing off your prints or filling them up with superglue
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

so what are they looking for? They ask everyone who signs in.
They are looking for cuts and any other damage that will prevent a good print ..
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Has anyone on here had their N-400 interview in St. Louis, and if so, do they do the ceremony the same day

I've looked it up on the internet and found info. that ceremonies are held twice a month, but you can't always believe everything you read, right.....................

Would love to be one of those lucky one's that get's to do the interview and ceremony on the same day, though
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

sansky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Wow, I haven't been here for a long time.

I do have a question related to this thread, and I just don't have time to wade through all the responses and other threads today.

I sent in my N-400 in January, and I have my interview/test tomorrow morning. How long will I have to wait before my swearing in after the interview? (Assuming all goes well of course.)

My coworker, who became a citizen in 2001, says she had to wait five months between her interview and swearing in! I had no idea it would take that long. I was hoping to be able to vote in this year's general election.
Hello TinaFlorida and anybody from Tampa I would really appreciate if you would write your naturalization timeline and process. Or maybe direct my to appropriate thread if you posted already. Thank you. (My fiancee has to apply in November. He lives in Polk County and I guess he's in Tampa's jurisdiction also. And of course if you have any other knowledge about Tampa naturalization timeline I would be really grateful. It will help me to get a time idea of how soon I can get to US. I can't wait for him to become USC. Just as such, I can get to him on a K-1 visa as a fiancee.)

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.