Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Thank you very much Meauxna !
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:17 am
Just Joined

weiguo_penyou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizclaire
My local office is Salt Lake City, Utah, I was interviewed on April 10, 2008 and I was approved but until now I'm still waiting my oath letter . If I don't hear anything from them by the middle of this month I'm going to make an infopass appointment.

Does anyone knows when is the Oath Ceremony in Salt Lake City, Utah???
Does anyone here from Salt Lake City still waiting there oath letter????

Thanks
My wife had her interview in late march. And we are still waiting too. We have another friend on the same timeline as well. We did an infopass and was told that the SLC oath will be in August, my guess is 3rd or 4th week. What have you heard if anything?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice

I sent mine on Jul 21 via fedex got a notice with priority date JUL 23 and saying I'll get interview in 90 days of notice.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to join in too. Here's my timeline so far:

Mailed N-400 today - Saturday, 2nd August, 2008

Mailed it to the Nebraska Service Center (I live in Illinois)

Marmalade
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

My N-400 update:

Mailed N-400 - 2nd August 08
N-400 Rec'd - 4th August 08
Check cashed - 5th August 08
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:18 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, I haven't been here for a long time.

I do have a question related to this thread, and I just don't have time to wade through all the responses and other threads today.

I sent in my N-400 in January, and I have my interview/test tomorrow morning. How long will I have to wait before my swearing in after the interview? (Assuming all goes well of course.)

My coworker, who became a citizen in 2001, says she had to wait five months between her interview and swearing in! I had no idea it would take that long. I was hoping to be able to vote in this year's general election.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We did our naturalisation ceremony in February. We waited until recently to apply for our US pasports, but they only took 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to arrive. PS. I still don't feel completely American. I did for a short while at the ceremony. We have been here 12 years so I'm not sure if feeling American will ever happen, but I don't feel completely British either now.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
How long will I have to wait before my swearing in after the interview? (Assuming all goes well of course.)
This is probably best asked to your examiner tomorrow! Some offices do an oath ceremony the same day... others, you have to wait 6 or 7 months. There's no way to know for sure how that'll pan out for you.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

My sister is now a USC.

Timeline (via CSC):

N400 sent 20 Aug 07
Cheque cashed 15 Nov 07
NOA 6 Dec 07 ("expect interview within 365 days")
Received FP notice 21 Jan 08
FP appointment 25 Jan 08
Interview date 19 May 08
Oath ceremony 25 June 08
Passport received 11 July 08
-----------------------------------------------
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Would just like to say, in the hope of making everyone feel better, that I live in Texas and applied for citizenship in May 2006. Recently got an appointment letter telling me to get my fingerprints taken again because they had expired. Couldn't make the appointment - was given only 6 days notice -wrote to explain why and also returned the appointment letter as requested. Didn't hear back. Wrote again, stating in the first sentence that I had written to them and had returned the appointment letter. This letter was returned to me with a note scrawled over it saying, "We can do nothing without your appoinment letter. Send appointment letter." I then highlighted the first sentence of the letter and attached it to another letter in which I spelled out, again, that I had already sent them back the appointment letter. They wrote back saying that I would have to call their office because they no longer replied to letters. I haven't called as yet because I'm in the UK at the moment. It is possible that if they never recieved my initial communication and appointment letter, or if it went missing, that they could consider my application abandoned. I hope not. I will let you know if I ever become a citizen.

Last edited by ElaineQ; Aug 7th 2008 at 3:32 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:50 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, what a nightmare Elaine! Good luck!

My interview went smoothly and I'm actually going to my ceremony this coming Tuesday! Much quicker than I thought it would be!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:40 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Would just like to say, in the hope of making everyone feel better, that I live in Texas and applied for citizenship in May 2006. Recently got an appointment letter telling me to get my fingerprints taken again because they had expired. Couldn't make the appointment - was given only 6 days notice -wrote to explain why and also returned the appointment letter as requested. Didn't hear back. Wrote again, stating in the first sentence that I had written to them and had returned the appointment letter. This letter was returned to me with a note scrawled over it saying, "We can do nothing without your appoinment letter. Send appointment letter." I then highlighted the first sentence of the letter and attached it to another letter in which I spelled out, again, that I had already sent them back the appointment letter. They wrote back saying that I would have to call their office because they no longer replied to letters. I haven't called as yet because I'm in the UK at the moment. It is possible that if they never recieved my initial communication and appointment letter, or if it went missing, that they could consider my application abandoned. I hope not. I will let you know if I ever become a citizen.
You should have just gone for your biometrics at the next opportunity. These appointments are pretty flexible. Sending the appointment notice back is probably the worst you could have done...

I hope you returned a photocopy of the appointment letter rather than the original. If so, just go and explain and they'll probably process you on the spot. Might even be worth going in and pleading your case if you just have a photocopy......... you won't know until you've tried.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
You should have just gone for your biometrics at the next opportunity. These appointments are pretty flexible. Sending the appointment notice back is probably the worst you could have done...

I hope you returned a photocopy of the appointment letter rather than the original. If so, just go and explain and they'll probably process you on the spot. Might even be worth going in and pleading your case if you just have a photocopy......... you won't know until you've tried.

Hi Elvira - hope you're doing OK! - no - I sent the original back as they requested. Yes, I suspect it was a bad thing to do. OH was in Iraq and I was at the point where I was getting ready to hand my notice in at work. It was an emotionally very trying time - many sleepless nights. And I don't drive to Houston on my own for ANYBODY. I am looking into the implications of not becoming a citizen - estate tax and all that. Something tells me that citizenship is not on the cards for me for some reason....I don't know, but I am not stressing over it, at least not yet...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Elliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by augigi
My sister is now a USC.

Timeline (via CSC):

N400 sent 20 Aug 07
Cheque cashed 15 Nov 07
NOA 6 Dec 07 ("expect interview within 365 days")
Received FP notice 21 Jan 08
FP appointment 25 Jan 08
Interview date 19 May 08
Oath ceremony 25 June 08
Passport received 11 July 08
-----------------------------------------------
Does the citizenship application fee (the fee you send off with the N400) include a US passport then? I don't see an entry for even sending off a passport application.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You are joking - you have to apply and pay separately for the passport. You don't get much for free over here!!

I don't think I said it's included, just thought it was the last step in the naturalization process and worth adding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.