Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:57 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

Originally Posted by needhelp
Is that common? I thought the only letter you will receive after your fingerprints is your interview letter. Never heard about this letter. Please let me know if this is common since I am also waiting for my interview letter. Which office are you going through?
Hi there. I filed my application at the Vermont servicing center and my local processing office is in Fairfax, Virginia. I have still had no letter about an interview date.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

dnmartin98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Well, I just received a letter for my interview in the mail. It's scheduled for April 7th in Louisville.

Still no request for the photos or green card copy though....I guess I should just take those with me?

Also, is there a recommended list of what people have taken with them to the interview "just in case"...I'd like to be prepared in case they ask me for something. And what happens there? Do they give you their decision there and then?

So exciting! (as long as I didn't screw something up with the lack of pictures etc.....)

Hope all are well!

Location - Kentucky
Mailed N-400 - 15th January 09 - TSC
N-400 Rec'd - 21st January 09
Check cashed - 23rd January 09
Notice of Action - 29th January 09
FP Appointment - 19th February 09
Interview date - 7th April 09
Oath Ceremony -

DavidM
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:30 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dnmartin98
Well, I just received a letter for my interview in the mail. It's scheduled for April 7th in Louisville.

Still no request for the photos or green card copy though....I guess I should just take those with me?

Also, is there a recommended list of what people have taken with them to the interview "just in case"...I'd like to be prepared in case they ask me for something. And what happens there? Do they give you their decision there and then?

So exciting! (as long as I didn't screw something up with the lack of pictures etc.....)

Hope all are well!

Location - Kentucky
Mailed N-400 - 15th January 09 - TSC
N-400 Rec'd - 21st January 09
Check cashed - 23rd January 09
Notice of Action - 29th January 09
FP Appointment - 19th February 09
Interview date - 7th April 09
Oath Ceremony -

DavidM
Wow, that is fast. It's disheartening to hear that people filing in January 09 have interview dates already! I am very happy for you though. I just wish mine would hurry up! I filed in September 08!
Your's has to be one of the fastest processing times ever!.

PS you will be fine. If they need anything extra it should have been listed on the interview letter. I know a lot of people say they take the originals of everything they filed in the first place "just in case".

Good Luck.
Sue.

Last edited by HighSpeedGrandma; Mar 7th 2009 at 1:33 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, take photos and your GC with you to the interview. You will be required to sign one of the photos in the margin, so make sure there is a little bit of white space around the photo.

Also, is there a recommended list of what people have taken with them to the interview "just in case"...I'd like to be prepared in case they ask me for something.
You should take originals of everything you sent as evidence for your application. You might also want to bring a copy of everything also just in case the officer has lost something!

And what happens there?
You will be interviewed. The officer will go over the application form and make sure all the information is still current. You will be asked to read and write a short sentence in English, and you will be tested on your knowledge of US civics... you'll need to get at least 6/10 right.

Do they give you their decision there and then?
When I interviewed in Lousville in 2004, they guy told me right then and there that I had passed. I'm not sure if that's still the case... but you have nothing to lose by asking him when the interview is over.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough

Mailed N-400 - August 30th, 08 to VSC
N-400 Rec'd - September 8th, 08 (because of long weekend)
Check cashed - September 10th, 08
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 17,2008
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 26, 2008 for Finger prints
Finger prints schedual on October 8th, 2008
Recieved a letter for an interview today: Dec 04, 2007
Interview date/Test date : January 14, 2009

I went for my interview on Jan 14, an officer asked me different questions and i gave him correct answer but he went out from his room and came back after 15 min with a paper that it says +ve hit (i knew that!! ). He gave me a letter that says " i have passed the test but they can not make any decision" means i guess they have to send for FBI background check or something, it always happens to my name, even for my green card, i had this problem.

It has been now 2 months i have not received anything from them, i called USCIS today, they said i should call them after 90 days which is april.

Any suggestion or advise please??

Regards,
Raaz
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:55 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by raaz74
Mailed N-400 - August 30th, 08 to VSC
N-400 Rec'd - September 8th, 08 (because of long weekend)
Check cashed - September 10th, 08
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 17,2008
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 26, 2008 for Finger prints
Finger prints schedual on October 8th, 2008
Recieved a letter for an interview today: Dec 04, 2007
Interview date/Test date : January 14, 2009

I went for my interview on Jan 14, an officer asked me different questions and i gave him correct answer but he went out from his room and came back after 15 min with a paper that it says +ve hit (i knew that!! ). He gave me a letter that says " i have passed the test but they can not make any decision" means i guess they have to send for FBI background check or something, it always happens to my name, even for my green card, i had this problem.

It has been now 2 months i have not received anything from them, i called USCIS today, they said i should call them after 90 days which is april.

Any suggestion or advise please??

Regards,
Raaz
I thought they only asked you (ie applicants )to go for an interview once all the checks have been done?
I am interested to see what answers you get on this.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The name check should have been completed already, or they would not have scheduled your interview.

You want to keep following up, to make certain that your case was actually approved (the supervisor may 'just' need to sign off on it) and if the card production order was put in correctly.

An InfoPass appointment is the best way to shake loose the information. You might split the difference with them and go in in a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
The name check should have been completed already, or they would not have scheduled your interview.

You want to keep following up, to make certain that your case was actually approved (the supervisor may 'just' need to sign off on it) and if the card production order was put in correctly.

An InfoPass appointment is the best way to shake loose the information. You might split the difference with them and go in in a couple of weeks.
I did call USCIS but they don't have any information yet cause 90 days have not been passed yet.

Sometimes, they hold the applciation for background check AFTER interview. It happend to my friend as well.

Regards,
Raaz
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

When you call 1-800, the front line person sees the same information that you can access online at uscis.gov
There is no guarantee that they will have any more information after 90 days. This is why I suggest an InfoPass appointment instead.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
When you call 1-800, the front line person sees the same information that you can access online at uscis.gov
There is no guarantee that they will have any more information after 90 days. This is why I suggest an InfoPass appointment instead.
You are right, but like i mentioned earliar in my thread that it always happend with my name (i dont know something wrong with last name or first name) it has a +ve hit, that's why they sent for background check.

I will wait one more month and god forbid if i dont receive anything in a month then i will make an appointment.

It happend when i filed my GC, and even with K-3 visa as well.

Thank you,
Raaz
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Just about final update...

Dec 15 2007: Sent N400
Dec 17 2007: USPS notice of receipt
Jan 12 2008: Receipt notice, "expect notice of interview within 90 days"
Mar 13 2008: Appointment for fingerprinting
Jan 7 2009: Fought my way through the USCIS customer "service" menu to try to find out wtf is going on. Now expecting a status report from San Antonio within the next month.
Jan 17 2009: Received status report saying the background check is still ongoing.
Feb 6 2009: Received notice of interview on March 16!
Mar 16 2009: Done interview
Mar 19 2009: Oath ceremony

So yesterday, I was down in San Antonio again for my interview. The guy doing the interview was nice, saying this should all be just a formality while opening my file. Initially, he was on the phone to tech support, complaining to them he still didn't have access to his computer to do his work. He seemed to be somewhat annoyed with the IT guys, which was a little worrying.

He *flew* through the questioning, though. So fast, I never got a chance to interject, nor was asked, whether I wanted to take the old style or new style test. I'd spent the past few weeks memorizing the new style questions, and was about half way through the questions when I realized he was using the old style. Fortunately, I only slipped up on one question - what was the 49th state. Alaska came to mind, but in the heat of the moment, I gave in and passed on that one. My advice is, if you have a choice of test, to tell them which one you want to do immediately, up front, as soon as you're walking through the door. I think I read that somewhere, but was too polite for my own good.

I'd taken in a big stack of documentation; tax transcripts, birth certificates, green card, passports current and old, marriage certificates, mortgage statements, bank statements, insurance policy info and a ton of other stuff attempting to show proof of marriage. I'd even got a fresh set of passport photos taken on Saturday - although I was drugged up with migraine medication and they turned out to be the worst photos ever. What did he want to see? GC, daughter's birth certificate and my current passport. That's all. I was slightly miffed that I'd run around turning the house upside down getting all this other stuff together for nothing, but at least I can burn the photos!

The oath ceremony is in San Antonio on Thursday. Sign in at 11:45am, ceremony starts at 2pm. I need to dig out my suit - it's about four years since I last wore it!

Hooray to the end of the paperwork, and I can finally let this thread rest!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:16 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by Scorchio

Jan 7 2009: Fought my way through the USCIS customer "service" menu to try to find out wtf is going on. Now expecting a status report from San Antonio within the next month.
Jan 17 2009: Received status report saying the background check is still ongoing.

So yesterday, I was down in San Antonio again for my interview. The guy doing the interview was nice, saying this should all be just a formality while opening my file. Initially, he was on the phone to tech support, complaining to them he still didn't have access to his computer to do his work. He seemed to be somewhat annoyed with the IT guys, which was a little worrying.

He *flew* through the questioning, though. So fast, I never got a chance to interject, nor was asked, whether I wanted to take the old style or new style test. I'd spent the past few weeks memorizing the new style questions, and was about half way through the questions when I realized he was using the old style. Fortunately, I only slipped up on one question - what was the 49th state. Alaska came to mind, but in the heat of the moment, I gave in and passed on that one. My advice is, if you have a choice of test, to tell them which one you want to do immediately, up front, as soon as you're walking through the door. I think I read that somewhere, but was too polite for my own good.

I'd taken in a big stack of documentation; tax transcripts, birth certificates, green card, passports current and old, marriage certificates, mortgage statements, bank statements, insurance policy info and a ton of other stuff attempting to show proof of marriage. I'd even got a fresh set of passport photos taken on Saturday - although I was drugged up with migraine medication and they turned out to be the worst photos ever. What did he want to see? GC, daughter's birth certificate and my current passport. That's all. I was slightly miffed that I'd run around turning the house upside down getting all this other stuff together for nothing, but at least I can burn the photos!

The oath ceremony is in San Antonio on Thursday. Sign in at 11:45am, ceremony starts at 2pm. I need to dig out my suit - it's about four years since I last wore it!

Congratulations! It must feel so good to know the journey is almost done. I am still waiting for my interview letter even though I had a letter from the Dept. of Homeland Security saying they've done a complete review of my file. I am guessing that is separate from the background check the FBI do!! I dunno...I am so waiting for the interview date.

Last edited by HighSpeedGrandma; Mar 17th 2009 at 5:23 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scorchio

Congratulation!! I had my interview in Jan and still waiting for their final decision. I called USCIS but they said 90 days has not passed yet so they can not give me any status. I am sure they sent all my documents for background check.

Regards,
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

dnmartin98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, today is interview time. I have all my stuff ready and we are just about to leave. I'll let you know how it all goes. And I even remembered to take my green card and those damn photos!

DavidM
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Well, today is interview time. I have all my stuff ready and we are just about to leave. I'll let you know how it all goes. And I even remembered to take my green card and those damn photos!

DavidM
Good luck~~~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.