Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:03 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by meauxna
Would you guys like this thread split and a new one started? This one is a year and a half old and 19 pages on my counter. Is that too much for new folk starting out to wade through?
Let me know what you think.
That might be an idea. I know when I want to find the thread in a hurry I just do a search for 'n400 timeline". I enjoyed reading through all the old posts to see other timelines but a part 2 might be better for new posters.

Fine with me either way.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Seems like USCIS is taking a new processing method for N-400s.
I sent in my N-400 to NBC but it was redirected to Arizona and the receipt number starts with NBC not LIN. I am not sure if I can check the status online with this new processing method. When I entered my receipt number online, it says it can not find my case. Hopefully this process maybe faster.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:46 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation. Updated info

I learned today that Washington DC area applications, those that were filed in Vermont, are processing May 2008 now, in case anyone is interested.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
I learned today that Washington DC area applications, those that were filed in Vermont, are processing May 2008 now, in case anyone is interested.
Still no news on your fingerprinting date HSG
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:05 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Still no news on your fingerprinting date HSG
Oh yeah, I had those done back in October, around the same time as Raaz. (That post is on here somewhere), what I haven't got is my interview date letter. Remember initially that my letter said I would know within 90 days and I got that back in September...and Raaz's said something like 240 days, and we were sort of running neck and neck for a while? Well, he got his appointment letter in December, when I was sorta hoping I would get mine..but nope, I am still waiting.
I was rather concerned actually, because during the month of December we were getting mail for everyone around our neighbourhood, which we of course forwarded to them, but it made me wonder if any of my letters went astray, and if so I would never know!
I also had some tickets apparently mailed to me December 4th, and they never arrived, for a show we are going to tomorrow night. So who knows!
According to the USCIS lady I spoke to they don't update their website when letters are mailed so you have no idea when to expect one.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, I had those done back in October, around the same time as Raaz. (That post is on here somewhere), what I haven't got is my interview date letter. Remember initially that my letter said I would know within 90 days and I got that back in September...and Raaz's said something like 240 days, and we were sort of running neck and neck for a while? Well, he got his appointment letter in December, when I was sorta hoping I would get mine..but nope, I am still waiting.
I was rather concerned actually, because during the month of December we were getting mail for everyone around our neighbourhood, which we of course forwarded to them, but it made me wonder if any of my letters went astray, and if so I would never know!
I also had some tickets apparently mailed to me December 4th, and they never arrived, for a show we are going to tomorrow night. So who knows!
According to the USCIS lady I spoke to they don't update their website when letters are mailed so you have no idea when to expect one.
Silly me, I meant your interview date

I hope that your letter didn't get lost in the mixed up mail

I wouldn't rely on the website either, as it was never updated for my case. I signed up for the e-mail notifications when there was a change in my case, but never once got an e-mail from them, and it was never updated online.

Is there any other way you can find out about your appointment, just in case there was a letter sent and you didn't get it? Can you make an appointment to go in, I think it is a Fast pass appointment or something like that.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:19 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Silly me, I meant your interview date

I hope that your letter didn't get lost in the mixed up mail

I wouldn't rely on the website either, as it was never updated for my case. I signed up for the e-mail notifications when there was a change in my case, but never once got an e-mail from them, and it was never updated online.

Is there any other way you can find out about your appointment, just in case there was a letter sent and you didn't get it? Can you make an appointment to go in, I think it is a Fast pass appointment or something like that.
I haven't heard of Fast pass. Do you mean Info Pass? I thought about that. Would they know anymore than the lady on the phone though? I too signed up for email updates and have never received anything.
Maybe I should make an Info Pass appointment, but I don't know if they would know whether a letter WAS sent to me!
Any suggestions from anyone who has been through the process? Should I just be patient and sit back and wait, or would you make an Info Pass appointment?
Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard of Fast pass. Do you mean Info Pass? I thought about that. Would they know anymore than the lady on the phone though? I too signed up for email updates and have never received anything.
Maybe I should make an Info Pass appointment, but I don't know if they would know whether a letter WAS sent to me!
Any suggestions from anyone who has been through the process? Should I just be patient and sit back and wait, or would you make an Info Pass appointment?
Thanks
I almost always recommend going to your District Office if it is at all possible.

Can you recap your dates here, and post what DO is yours? Check the posted processing date for your DO and post that too. It may be time to drop in on them and get yourself scheduled for that interview.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
I can't Re-Member

I almost always recommend going to your District Office if it is at all possible.

Can you recap your dates here, and post what DO is yours? Check the posted processing date for your DO and post that too. It may be time to drop in on them and get yourself scheduled for that interview.
Hi there, this is the dates of what has happened so far. The letter I received with the priority date did say I would receive notification within 90 days for my interview date:

Mailed application September 3rd
Check cashed September 12th
Priority Date September 10th.
NOA received ( I think) September 18th
Appointment date October 8th in Alexandria Virginia.
Had fingerprints done, and nothing (to my knowledge) since. I just took it that DC being extra busy with the Inauguration and stuff may be behind, but I must admit, the letters going astray thing has concerned me somewhat.
I am not sure where the processing office is but I think it's Alexandria. That's where I went for for the green card stuff.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
Yes, Info Pass. I think it would definitely be a good idea to make an appointment to make sure you know whether the letter has been sent re your appointment (whether you received it or not). You don't want to miss your citizenship test/interview date, just because of a mess up in mail delivery.

Edit: I see that Meauxna has posted with information, good
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, this is the dates of what has happened so far. The letter I received with the priority date did say I would receive notification within 90 days for my interview date:

Mailed application September 3rd
Check cashed September 12th
Priority Date September 10th.
NOA received ( I think) September 18th
Appointment date October 8th in Alexandria Virginia.
Had fingerprints done, and nothing (to my knowledge) since. I just took it that DC being extra busy with the Inauguration and stuff may be behind, but I must admit, the letters going astray thing has concerned me somewhat.
I am not sure where the processing office is but I think it's Alexandria. That's where I went for for the green card stuff.
The posted processing date for N-400 in the Washington DC office is May 7, 2008, which is the oldest case still on the shelf, so, not very accurate for your purpose.

That may or may not be your office; you can check by zip code at uscis.gov

Some general info:
They can not schedule an interview until your name checks have all cleared, because they must reach a decision in a fixed period of time after interviewing you. So that they do not get caught out, they just won't interview you until the unknown is past. So, you can ask if your name checks are done.

You can ask for an update on your case. You can ask if a letter was sent out. They will be able to see all of this at the office; they may or may not be able to at the 1-800 number. I've also found that the officers in the office will go out of their way a little if they think your case is outside normal processing time.. ie, they will do a little bit of digging. It never hurts to make friends at your local office.

Since you are past your 90 days quoted in the letter (don't beat them with that, it's just an estimate, but they are supposed to be linked to actual results), it's legit to go in and make an inquiry. Confirm your mailing address etc and see what you can find out.
The irony of course is that your case could get closed for you not responding to the letter which you never receive.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

The posted processing date for N-400 in the Washington DC office is May 7, 2008, which is the oldest case still on the shelf, so, not very accurate for your purpose.

That may or may not be your office; you can check by zip code at uscis.gov

Some general info:
They can not schedule an interview until your name checks have all cleared, because they must reach a decision in a fixed period of time after interviewing you. So that they do not get caught out, they just won't interview you until the unknown is past. So, you can ask if your name checks are done.

You can ask for an update on your case. You can ask if a letter was sent out. They will be able to see all of this at the office; they may or may not be able to at the 1-800 number. I've also found that the officers in the office will go out of their way a little if they think your case is outside normal processing time.. ie, they will do a little bit of digging. It never hurts to make friends at your local office.

Since you are past your 90 days quoted in the letter (don't beat them with that, it's just an estimate, but they are supposed to be linked to actual results), it's legit to go in and make an inquiry. Confirm your mailing address etc and see what you can find out.
The irony of course is that your case could get closed for you not responding to the letter which you never receive.
HSG,

Here's my take on the information above.

Do not rely on the 1-800 number; I never got any definitive information on my case from the number, they just talked in generalizations.

Re not responding to the letter (that you did not receive, if that is the case), I have heard of people on this forum say that they missed their interview date because of this happening to them. And, their case was closed (don't remember who). I would definitely make an info pass and ask all the questions that Meauxna has highlighted in her post.

Good luck
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

This is only hearsay but I have seen mentioned several times on another forum that you can call 1800 375 5283 enter options 1,2,&3 this will get you to a rep, then say that you have applied more than 30 days previously and have not had a reciept, apparently you will be transferred to an IO who will answer your real question.

Bon Chance!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:04 pm
I can't Re-Member

Originally Posted by Norri
This is only hearsay but I have seen mentioned several times on another forum that you can call 1800 375 5283 enter options 1,2,&3 this will get you to a rep, then say that you have applied more than 30 days previously and have not had a reciept, apparently you will be transferred to an IO who will answer your real question.

Bon Chance!
That is exactly what I did, and it was like speaking to a robot...automated questions to me and no answers given other than DC is processing apps for May 2008!

I am going to make an info pass appt.
Thanks guys for all the advice. I would be so pissed if they closed my case because I didn't respond to a letter that I never got!!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

That is exactly what I did, and it was like speaking to a robot...automated questions to me and no answers given other than DC is processing apps for May 2008!

I am going to make an info pass appt.
Thanks guys for all the advice. I would be so pissed if they closed my case because I didn't respond to a letter that I never got!!
Good luck! Let us know what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.