Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by Marmalade
What's a Passport Card?
IT'S a small Driver License size card which you can take to travel via land or sea instead of passport book click here for details:-
http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt...card_3926.html
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sk007
IT'S a small Driver License size card which you can take to travel via land or sea instead of passport book click here for details:-
Interesting, I'd never heard of it before today
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice

Interesting, I'd never heard of it before today
It's kool $20 for 10 yr card definately worth $2/yr!!!!!!!!!
it serves as a proof of citizenship as well just in case you want to carry it with you or want to provide to bank or any other places instead of ur passport's copy or Certificate of naturilaztions copy.

Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

It's kool $20 for 10 yr card definately worth $2/yr!!!!!!!!!
it serves as a proof of citizenship as well just in case you want to carry it with you or want to provide to bank or any other places instead of ur passport's copy or Certificate of naturilaztions copy.

Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my final Timeline:

Mailed N-400 - 2nd August 08
N-400 Rec'd - 4th August 08
Check cashed - 5th August 08
Notice of Action - 7th August 08
FP Appointment - 26th August 08
Interview date - 13th November 08 (Passed)
Oath Ceremony - 5th December 08

It will be 123 days in total from my priority date until Oath ceremony

HSG - how are things coming along with your application, do you have an interview date yet?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

HSG - how are things coming along with your application, do you have an interview date yet?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sk007
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you. I guess the lady that interviewed me last Thursday wasn't joking about a letter maybe coming in the mail the next week. It certainly did
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:36 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marmalade.
Nope, no interview date yet. Every day I go home from work I hope that the letter will be there. I will keep you updated.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
Hi Marmalade.
Nope, no interview date yet. Every day I go home from work I hope that the letter will be there. I will keep you updated.
Hi HSG,
I've sent you some karma for a speedy delivery of that letter. Let us know when it arrives

M.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough

Mailed N-400 - August 30th, 08 to VSC
N-400 Rec'd - September 8th, 08 (because of long weekend)
Check cashed - September 10th, 08
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 17,2008
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 26, 2008 for Finger prints
Finger prints schedual on October 8th, 2008
Recieved a letter for an interview today: Dec 04, 2007
Interview date/Test date : January 14, 2009

I don't know if it will be same date for oath but letter says the whole process will take 2 hours.

Any advise for the test or interview??

Thank you,
Raaz
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough

Also, congratulation to all of you who received their US citizenshipp

Regards,
Raaz
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by raaz74
Mailed N-400 - August 30th, 08 to VSC
N-400 Rec'd - September 8th, 08 (because of long weekend)
Check cashed - September 10th, 08
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 17,2008
Received NOA (I-797C) on September 26, 2008 for Finger prints
Finger prints schedual on October 8th, 2008
Recieved a letter for an interview today: Dec 04, 2007
Interview date/Test date : January 14, 2009

I don't know if it will be same date for oath but letter says the whole process will take 2 hours.

Any advise for the test or interview??

Thank you,
Raaz
Raaz,

My letter also said the interview would take 2 hours. However, the interview took only 15 mins.

It is a very easy test, as long as you have studied your civics questions, you'll be just fine. They go over your application and verify that the information is correct, and ask you several questions including whether you have been outside of the US since applying. It's very easy really. You answer approximately 7-10 questions on the actual test, write a simple sentence, and recite a a paragraph given to you to read. I showed her all of my passports, expired and current, and she looked over all the stamps in them. She also looked at my permanent resident cards (I had several) and she photocopied one. Can't remember if there was anything else, but it is nothing to sweat over.

Then I was handed a piece of paper that said I had passed the test, and that I would receive a letter in the mail on when my oath ceremony would be. I asked if she could give me a timeline, and she said that it would be 4-6 months until my oath ceremony, but she also added that they are told to say that, and that I may receive an oath ceremony letter in the mail in a weeks time if I was lucky.

I was lucky as the letter came 6 days later to inform me that my oath ceremony was approximately 3 weeks after the interview.

Good luck with your interview, and let us know when you find out when your oath ceremony is

Last edited by Marmalade; Dec 6th 2008 at 3:47 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Okay folks, a quick question about passport use when traveling to the UK.

I know that I leave and enter the US using my US passport, and I enter the UK using my UK passport.

But, what passport do I use leaving the UK ~ the US one or the UK one??
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

But, what passport do I use leaving the UK ~ the US one or the UK one??
Your UK one, of course... *UNLESS* you clear US immigration *in* the UK, in which case, you must use your US passport.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your UK one, of course... *UNLESS* you clear US immigration *in* the UK, in which case, you must use your US passport.

Ian
I thought so, thanks Ian. Always good to clarify these things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.