Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice
Red face Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Hi guys
We applied on line 2nd July, Biometrics 9th July, Application received 12th July (but no email to confirm used USPS tracking)

No email to say opened..

What do you all think that the timeline would be , they have taken down the rocessing times: from the website.

We did not pay the extra $300 , we didnt know how to , and by then it was too late as we have sent them off and they have been recieved but I would like to know of others experience in these few weeks ...

We need to sign off on the renters for our house here the end of July at least. We cant hold them off any longer and until we get that stamp we are scared to sign. We also put on the application Sept 1st travel as we need to sell and pack up. I am so stressed ....
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

from Biometrics may 2 we got ours like 3 weeks later hope this help good like guys
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough

but as you paid maybe your here earlier
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Sunnybaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, processing times new york.
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/about-u...ews/ukba-news/

Hope this helps
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

Still no email... day 14 since received (confirmation from USPS)
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

intant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant future

.......... the 'timeline' for the issue of Settlement visas just went up from 13 working days to 21 working days! They've had ours for 10 working days and I was expecting a response any day, looks like it'll be at least 2 -3 weeks more!
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

I think as long as they have opened yours you are fine and you know that they are working on it and it should be quick .. I cant understand why ours has not even been opened let us know what happens. I'm thinking what will be will be and I cant leave my children hanging with school as well as delaying visiting my dad.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

No news , not even an email. Been in there hands now 16 days , I am thinking they lost the box.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Originally Posted by ajdjad
No news , not even an email. Been in there hands now 16 days , I am thinking they lost the box.

Day 18 .. no opening email........ I am now certain based on posts on the UK facebook page that indeed it has been lost.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that you are in 'one man's land'...
Just sent ours off. Biometrics yesterday. Tracking says arrived today. Do they send an email to say when it is opened/done? Ours went to the New York office...
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Last year when I went through the process for ILE visa, they were saying it could be around 2 months for non-priority processing. Are you sure they are saying only 3 weeks for non-priority processing?

You may also want to post your question on the www.talk.uk-yankee.com visa forum - there are loads of Americans applying for visas on that forum and I think there is a thread regarding processing times (I just haven't had a reason to look for it recently, so I'm not too sure).

Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Visa Issued Paid Priority on Monday 30th July, Faxed and emailed purchase receipt.

NO email confirmation about receiving it OR OPENING.

Email Thursday PM saying Visa issued.

Friday AM Visa and passports back in our hand.

Good Luck to everyone else
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

intant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant futureintant has a brilliant future

Hey..... Congratulations!

I've heard nothing since they opened the envelope two weeks ago, I'll try the priority if I don't hear something today.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I the only one who is confused?
You sent it in without priority then you added it later?
I was not offered it at Worldbridge.
Which centre are you dealing with? New York?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paws3
Am I the only one who is confused?
You sent it in without priority then you added it later?
I was not offered it at Worldbridge.
Which centre are you dealing with? New York?

Yes that's what we did.
Go to world bridge and add services (or purchase services) and they will send you a receipt and you can fax it to the New York consulate or email it , (I did both) Its $300, and to be honest I wish we would have paid this weeks ago

When we first applied it was not an option but reading threads going to WorldBridge is how you do it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.