Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Old Aug 4th 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice
Default Re: Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Originally Posted by intant
Hey..... Congratulations!

I've heard nothing since they opened the envelope two weeks ago, I'll try the priority if I don't hear something today.

It was the only option for us as it had been forever , and I didn't get any email apart from the Visa is issued.. but phew ....... Let us know how you get on ,, now for the packing and all this big stuff.... pets.. selling cars......
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Biometrics recieved in NY 31 st July but no word since.... sent priority payment on 7th August. Still no word from anyone... I really need my passport back and my OH's Visa...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paws3
Hi, Biometrics recieved in NY 31 st July but no word since.... sent priority payment on 7th August. Still no word from anyone... I really need my passport back and my OH's Visa...
I wish i could help you , but we were in the same situation. We didn't get any email until the day that they issued our visa. Its very frustrating. I am sorry .
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply anyway... It feels like at least someone cares I did get an email saying that we payed the 'wrong' priority amount so I payed again today and sent them the conformation numbers of both payments...keep your fingers crossed... I thought we had loads of time but the house sold quickly and now I need my passport for the shipper and driving licence... I have booked a place to stay (yay) so all I need is the damn Visa!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Update we were put in the Priority line on the 13th... still no word and no Visa
Nails are getting quite short....
Old Oct 7th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Update, Even though we sent the documents they requested when OH paid the Visa fee, they asked for some more. We sent then asap and they were delived 1st Oct. No email saying they were received, in fact no emails at all.... now 47 working days (16 after Priority added).
Old Dec 4th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Any luck yet ??
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, we did get it and are flying home next week!
The Visa took forever and arrived mid-Oct after we had to sent more statements and the mystery Appendix 2.
The problem was when we applied (just after the big change) all their directions were wrong ie we sent 3 months of statements and the new regs wanted 6 and appendix 2 wasn't on our on-line application.
We had sent exactly what they asked us for but their web site was not updated until August.... I did post on a new thread re appendix 2 in case other people who applied just after the change had been caught out as well (and they had).
Thanks for your intrest
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Timeline for issue of Settlement Visa

Great news!!
Welcome home. .