Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline inquiry - Notice of Approval until Interview in Montreal

Timeline inquiry - Notice of Approval until Interview in Montreal

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:57 pm
  #1  
Jason Anderson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Am trying to plan for things, am in waiting period between RFE and Notice of Approval.
Depressingly enough, automated message is stating 40 days for review of RFE - the message
has the standard "will take 30-40 days" and then says something like "most of the
processing of this inquiry has been done, so remaining step should only take '40 days'".
Seems like things at the TSC are really backed up right now. sigh.

I've looked at the posted timelines, and there are not a lot of Montreal dates in there.
Was hoping to see if anyone here had an estimate as to how long it would take from
NOApproval until earliest possible interview date. We're well prepared, have all necessary
supporting details taken care of or lined up, but need to know how long it will take to a)
get the packet from the embassy, and b) get an interview date after returning form(s).

Any help greatly appreciated..

Jason (US - Atlanta) and Noelani (Canada - Ottawa)
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 1:11 am
  #2  
Sarah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

40days to process the RFE!!!!!!!-- Does nayone know if that means a average of 40days form
them sending out the RFE or 40days form when they receive the stuff they requestes-- if it
is the latter that is rediculous as if they have already processed the rest of the
petition then how can they need just as long again i am beginning to wonder if this will
ever end ( We have not received that message on the TSC phone line as it is still telling
us as it has for some months now that we were approved in October--- nice of them to raise
false hope huh) Sarah

> Am trying to plan for things, am in waiting period between RFE and Notice
of
> Approval. Depressingly enough, automated message is stating 40 days for review of RFE -
> the message has the standard "will take 30-40 days" and
then
> says something like "most of the processing of this inquiry has been done, so remaining
> step should only take '40 days'". Seems like things at the
TSC
> are really backed up right now. sigh.
>
> I've looked at the posted timelines, and there are not a lot of Montreal dates in there.
> Was hoping to see if anyone here had an estimate as to
how
> long it would take from NOApproval until earliest possible interview date. We're well
> prepared, have all necessary supporting details taken care of
or
> lined up, but need to know how long it will take to a) get the packet from the embassy,
> and b) get an interview date after returning form(s).
>
> Any help greatly appreciated..
>
> Jason (US - Atlanta) and Noelani (Canada - Ottawa)
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 2:43 am
  #3  
Grinch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

| 40days to process the RFE!!!!!!!-- Does nayone know if that means a
average
| of 40days form them sending out the RFE or 40days form when they receive
the
| stuff they requestes-- if it is the latter that is rediculous as if they have already
| processed the rest of the petition then how can they need
just
| as long again (rest of rant snipped..)

Do you have any idea how much mail and work goes on at a service center?

Guess Not.

Grinch
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 8:27 am
  #4  
Sarah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

> > Do you have any idea how much mail and work goes on at a service center?
>
> Guess Not.
>
> Grinch
>
> Have you any idea how hard the waiting game is-- oops you adjusted status
so guess not!! Sarah
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 8:42 am
  #5  
Rete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Get use to the wait Sarah. You have just begun. You will wait for the SC approval. You
will wait for package #3. You will wait for an interview date for the K-1. You will wait
for the interview itself. You will wait for the plane to get you here. You will wait for
the wedding. You will wait for the registered marriage certificate so you can file for
AOS. Then you will wait for the EAD and the A/P. And then you will wait for another
interview date this time for the AOS. And inbetween you may wait again for renewal of the
EAD and A/P. And if your AOS is before your second wedding anniversary then you will wait
for the 2 years to be up to remove the conditions from your green card. And then you will
wait for the I-797 from the service center telling you that you will be waiting up to
another year for an answer on whether or not you get the ten year green card without or
with an interview. And if you are required for another interview you will wait to hear
from the local INS office to schedule that interview. And then you will wait for the
interview itself. And then after the interview you will wait for the SC to send you the
new ten year card.

And if you want to become a USC then you will wait for the third year after you became a
PR to file for naturalization. Then there is the wait for the SC to write you and wait for
the interview and the exam. Then there is the wait after the exam for the swearing in
ceremony and the wait for the naturalization documents. And then the wait for the new
passport declaring your new citizenship.

And through all that waiting you will be waiting to start your family. Waiting and saving
to buy a house. Waiting on line at the bank and the grocery store and doctor's office.

Heck, Sarah. That is the true meaning of life. Learning to wait patiently.

Yes we all have had to wait whether it was for the K-1 first or just for the AOS after
coming here as a tourist and marrying. Grinch had to wait just as we had to wait and every
other damn person on this bloody newsgroup. Yup some waited longer than others and that
ain't fair. But hell, I don't get all over Grinch and Alena for getting their green cards
in the mail before Jim gets his even though he is waiting longer than them Just going
to go and steal the Grinch's, paste on Jim's photo and tell Jim he has magically lost 20
years of his life and can live them all over again ))

You are not the one and only person having to wait.

Rita
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 9:50 am
  #6  
Lady Audley JennJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi there, I went through TSC and am now waiting for Montreal.

I was approved on Dec 12, rec'd the letter in the mail about a week later, and then a
month later I called Montreal only to find out that they received our info the day before.
Jan. 16 I rec'd package 3 from them, and returned it on the 17th.

I'm still waiting for notification of my interview, but as of last Wednesday when I called
them they still hadn't scheduled the interview.

Farg.

J

Jason Anderson wrote:

> Am trying to plan for things, am in waiting period between RFE and Notice of Approval.
> Depressingly enough, automated message is stating 40 days for review of RFE - the
> message has the standard "will take 30-40 days" and then says something like "most of
> the processing of this inquiry has been done, so remaining step should only take '40
> days'". Seems like things at the TSC are really backed up right now. sigh.
>
> I've looked at the posted timelines, and there are not a lot of Montreal dates in there.
> Was hoping to see if anyone here had an estimate as to how long it would take from
> NOApproval until earliest possible interview date. We're well prepared, have all
> necessary supporting details taken care of or lined up, but need to know how long it
> will take to a) get the packet from the embassy, and b) get an interview date after
> returning form(s).
>
> Any help greatly appreciated..
>
> Jason (US - Atlanta) and Noelani (Canada - Ottawa)
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 10:08 am
  #7  
Rete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sarah

Apparently a poster took my reply to your post as a dig at you. It wasn't. It was meant
with a little levity and a hard dash of reality and just a pinch of don't sit on the pity
pot or put down those who have completed a process.

Rita
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 12:40 pm
  #8  
Sarah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Rita i didn't take your reply as a dig at me. My reply to grinch was indeed in levity and
a slight dig at him not having to have delt with the service centre whilst being away form
his fiancee. i fully appriecate what is to come but I know my patience will be restored
when we are finally together. Heck we Brits are good at queueing i do hold my hands up to
sitting on the 'pity pot' form time to time but i'm sure I am not the first to be guilty
of that especially when a little raw about news of another delay. So indulge me whilst i
moan a little but tomorrow is another day and i will again be thankful that we are doing a
k-1 and not a 1-130 as that really would be hard Sarah
PS just out of interest do you have a link for your timeline?

> Sarah
>
> Apparently a poster took my reply to your post as a dig at you. It
wasn't.
> It was meant with a little levity and a hard dash of reality and just a pinch of don't
> sit on the pity pot or put down those who have completed a process.
>
> Rita
>
> >
 
Old Feb 4th 2001, 1:05 pm
  #9  
Rete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No but here goes

Mailed I-129F to VSC on March 23, 1998 Rec'd by VSC on March 25 Approved by VSC on March
30 Received by us on April 1 Received by Montreal April something (took month off for Jim
to visit me in US) Returned checklist on May 6 June 13 interview at Consulate August 17
crossed border September 26 married Filed for AOS on October 2 Received EAD on December 6
Received A/P on December 8 Received AOS appointment for interview in March, 1999 AOS
appointment for June 13, 2000 Didn't receive stamp because file was sent to limestone cave
in Lee's Summit, KS Wrote District Deputy Director in July Received call from examiner
August 11 Received stamp on September 29, 2001 (Past second anniversary but not given ten
year card only two year card) Still waiting for green card in the mail

Had to apply for renewals of EAD and A/P in year 1999. applied in August and received end
of November.

Two years and 9 months from 9/29/00 Jim applies for naturalization One year and 9 months
from 9/29/00 Jim applies for removal of conditions

Where we were ahead on the I-129F/K-1 we fell behind in the AOS. Heidi and Chris filed in
NYC on 9/26 and we filed on 10/2. They interviewed in January 2000, we interviewed in
June 2000. We were approved but didn't get a stamp and had to wait three months
additional for that to be done. Should have been a full permanent resident but only given
conditional status.

Yeah waiting's a bitch. But its part of life. Right now I am waiting to retire ) Rita

> Rita i didn't take your reply as a dig at me. My reply to grinch was indeed in levity
> and a slight dig at him not having to have delt with the service centre whilst being
> away form his fiancee. i fully appriecate what is to come but I know my patience will be
> restored when we are finally together. Heck we Brits are good at queueing i do hold my
> hands up to sitting on the 'pity pot' form time to time but
i'm
> sure I am not the first to be guilty of that especially when a little raw about news of
> another delay. So indulge me whilst i moan a little but tomorrow is another day and i
will
> again be thankful that we are doing a k-1 and not a 1-130 as that really would be
> hard Sarah
> PS just out of interest do you have a link for your timeline?

> > Sarah
> >
> > Apparently a poster took my reply to your post as a dig at you. It
> wasn't.
> > It was meant with a little levity and a hard dash of reality and just a pinch of don't
> > sit on the pity pot or put down those who have completed
a
> > process.
> >
> > Rita
> >
> > >
> >
> >
 
Old Feb 5th 2001, 10:09 am
  #10  
goombas1824
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

in message

> > > Sarah
> > >
> > > Apparently a poster took my reply to your
post as a dig at you. It
> > wasn't.
> > > It was meant with a little levity and a
hard dash of reality and just a
> > > pinch of don't sit on the pity pot or put
down those who have completed
> a
> > > process.
> > >
> > > Rita
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >Hello,,
Cyndi here from Michigan,Jean-Paul(Canada) and I are in the process of K-1 Visa NBSC, just
joining in the group ,, keep the posts coming, the information is valuable and it helps to
know that there are others going nuts out there ,, waiting
> >
> Thanks
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.