For those of you in Dallas...

Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:43 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those of you in Dallas...

...watch CBS 11 from 10pm tomorrow (after the Tony Awards) and you'll see a feature on my amazingly talented artist wife Alison!

They've been running trailers (which we haven't seen) all week, apparently!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those of you in Dallas...

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...watch CBS 11 from 10pm tomorrow (after the Tony Awards) and you'll see a feature on my amazingly talented artist wife Alison!

They've been running trailers (which we haven't seen) all week, apparently!
Any chance you can get it on you tube Daniel? We're away and I'd love to see it
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:58 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'll find a way
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'll find a way
Cheers, and congrats to Ali
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:41 am
Arrogant ****

Here you go!

A direct link to the news feature which aired last night here in Dallas, and which was apparently shown in Los Angeles tonight on CBS Channel 7, and for all we know is being shown in other cities around the country!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/738358...irtual-canvas/
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

my amazingly talented artist wife Alison!
+1
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:02 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things that I miss about the UK is the London exhibitions, one in particular the Hockeny iPad show at the Royal Academy.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:50 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

They've just run a feature on her on one of our local news stations here in Portland. Very interesting and amazing pictures.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

great work

One thing I have issue with in the piece was the idea that digital art will replace actual paintings. They have been saying that since photography was discovered. It will never happen, people like the tactile feeling that painting , drawing etc brings and whichever digital platform you use, you will never get that feeling of connectivity you have with real materials.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

She is a very talented artist. Being exhibited in London during the Olympics will give many people the chance to see her works.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:16 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by jjmb
great work

One thing I have issue with in the piece was the idea that digital art will replace actual paintings. They have been saying that since photography was discovered. It will never happen, people like the tactile feeling that painting , drawing etc brings and whichever digital platform you use, you will never get that feeling of connectivity you have with real materials.
Oh, we couldn't agree more. But that was the angle the article was pushing, so that's how it was edited. First and foremost Ali is a fine artist and an oil painter... but the #draw365 iPad project really has given her some amazing new directions in her painting as well as her digital art. Here's an example...

http://alisonjardine.com/sunlight-abstractions/

...where a series of artworks alternates between digital pieces and oil on canvas paintings, with each new artwork based on digital manipulation of the last.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:19 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by lansbury
They've just run a feature on her on one of our local news stations here in Portland. Very interesting and amazing pictures.
That is so cool!!! What channel? We're collecting CBS affiliates where it's aired!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go!

A direct link to the news feature which aired last night here in Dallas, and which was apparently shown in Los Angeles tonight on CBS Channel 7, and for all we know is being shown in other cities around the country!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/738358...irtual-canvas/
Thanks for that - brilliant!

Yes I can't see digital art replacing all other forms but I think that was just to grab people's attention for the item.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:20 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

That is so cool!!! What channel? We're collecting CBS affiliates where it's aired!
KPTV Channel 12 it is a Fox affiliate
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, we couldn't agree more. But that was the angle the article was pushing, so that's how it was edited. First and foremost Ali is a fine artist and an oil painter... but the #draw365 iPad project really has given her some amazing new directions in her painting as well as her digital art. Here's an example...

http://alisonjardine.com/sunlight-abstractions/

...where a series of artworks alternates between digital pieces and oil on canvas paintings, with each new artwork based on digital manipulation of the last.
Don't get me wrong, I do think digital art has a place and I can see that Ali uses it as an additional means for her work but it really annoys me when they say things like that. Painting and sculpture have been around since Cavemen and will no doubt still be around when the Ipad is long forgotten.
I saw Ali comment about Light and she might be interested in this interview and accompanying documentary about a painter called Sargy Mann. Its pretty amazing how much he can convey about light and tone in his work despite his disability. He is still painting! Sargy Mann- the blind painter of Peckham

Good luck with the show in London- hope its leads to some contacts in the UK.