Are they always this petty?

Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:01 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Question Are they always this petty?

Hi, first post and all that so I'll introduce myself so as not to seem rude. I met my wife purely by accident online over 3 years ago and we were friends for years, back in January we decided to see if we could make it more, in August I flew over to the US and visited her and we got on so well we got married, I then returned to the UK and we started our paperwork. Did the I-130 no problem and received the I-797c so we then sent off our I-29F in an attempt for a K-3 last week, due to the processing fee going from $165 to $170 today I said it'd be safer to send $170 as the processing fee incase they don't get our forms in time. Yesterday my wife gets the forms sent back to her stating that the processing fee is $165 not $170 so we have to re-submit. I'm still totally stunned that they'd do something like that. The only positive thing that comes out of it is that my wife accidentally mailed the original I-797c with the forms rather than a copy of it but at the moment she doesn't see that as much of a positive. Now she has to re-do her forms and send off the same payment of $170. So much for the old saying "better safe than sorry".
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:43 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are they always this petty?

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Hi, first post and all that so I'll introduce myself so as not to seem rude. I met my wife purely by accident online over 3 years ago and we were friends for years, back in January we decided to see if we could make it more, in August I flew over to the US and visited her and we got on so well we got married, I then returned to the UK and we started our paperwork. Did the I-130 no problem and received the I-797c so we then sent off our I-29F in an attempt for a K-3 last week, due to the processing fee going from $165 to $170 today I said it'd be safer to send $170 as the processing fee incase they don't get our forms in time. Yesterday my wife gets the forms sent back to her stating that the processing fee is $165 not $170 so we have to re-submit. I'm still totally stunned that they'd do something like that. The only positive thing that comes out of it is that my wife accidentally mailed the original I-797c with the forms rather than a copy of it but at the moment she doesn't see that as much of a positive. Now she has to re-do her forms and send off the same payment of $170. So much for the old saying "better safe than sorry".
Hi:

They have ALWAYS rejected fee submissions that were too much. I happen to agree its ridiculous, but it is the policy.

However, I am curious that you consider it to "safe rather than sorry" to DELIBERATELY take an action you KNOW to be mistaken.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:14 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

If you mailed in your I-129F after the 1st Oct then surely the check would be for the new fee amount of $170. If it were mailed before Oct 1st then it would be for the old amount of $165, unless I'm missing something in your post?
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:20 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

The fee changed on the 26th October (today) but we sent the forms last week not knowing when they'd arrive there for processing so sent the new fee thinking that if it got there late due to the mail service then it wouldn't be rejected for sending the old fee when the new one was needed. It didn't occur to me that sending the new increased fee would cause them to reject it.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:22 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

The fee changed on the 26th October (today)

OH LoL! I thought the fees changed at the begining of the FY - 10/01/05.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The fee changed on the 26th October (today) but we sent the forms last week not knowing when they'd arrive there for processing so sent the new fee thinking that if it got there late due to the mail service then it wouldn't be rejected for sending the old fee when the new one was needed. It didn't occur to me that sending the new increased fee would cause them to reject it.

Actually they would go by the post mark. Anything postmarked October 25th or sooner, is at the old fee.

Now that you have found the forum, questions such as this can be answered in advance of mailing ... welcome.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:41 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SD,

The appropriate fee is base on the date the submission is posted, not the date that it is received.

Regards, JEff

PS- Sorry, Rete, I should have read your post first.

Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:35 am
JoeE

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:01:28 +0000, SpoogleDrummer
<member44383@british_expats.com> wrote:

>Hi, first post and all that so I'll introduce myself so as not to seem
    >rude. I met my wife purely by accident online over 3 years ago and we
    >were friends for years, back in January we decided to see if we could
    >make it more, in August I flew over to the US and visited her and we got
    >on so well we got married, I then returned to the UK and we started our
    >paperwork. Did the I-130 no problem and received the I-797c so we then
    >sent off our I-29F in an attempt for a K-3 last week, due to the
    >processing fee going from $165 to $170 today I said it'd be safer to
    >send $170 as the processing fee incase they don't get our forms in time.
    >Yesterday my wife gets the forms sent back to her stating that the
    >processing fee is $165 not $170 so we have to re-submit. I'm still
    >totally stunned that they'd do something like that. The only positive
    >thing that comes out of it is that my wife accidentally mailed the
    >original I-797c with the forms rather than a copy of it but at the
    >moment she doesn't see that as much of a positive. Now she has to re-do
    >her forms and send off the same payment of $170. So much for the old
    >saying "better safe than sorry".
Yes, they are the most petty human beings on the planet. They have
made careers out of being petty. It is ridiculous under normal
circumstances that they would send back a check for $5 too much; but
being that the fee JUST changed, it is unbelievably petty and stupid.
Sorry you - and we all - have to deal with such idiots.

Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:26 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeE
Yes, they are the most petty human beings on the planet. They have
made careers out of being petty. It is ridiculous under normal
Sorry you - and we all - have to deal with such idiots.
You are right. They should have either kept the extra $5.00 (which is not theirs to keep), or deposit it then figure out a way to cut him a check for $5.00 and get that back to him. They don't have anything better to do with their time, and how dare they ask that the correct fee be supplied!!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:28 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeE
It is ridiculous under normal
Actually, the fees just changing has nothing to do with it. They would have rejected the filing for the incorrect amount even if he filed last year.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:38 am
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
Matthew Udall <member3997@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:01:28 +0000, SpoogleDrummer
    >> <member44383@british_expats.com> wrote:

[cut]

>> >Yesterday my wife gets the forms sent back to her stating that the
    >> >processing fee is $165 not $170 so we have to re-submit. I'm still
    >> >totally stunned that they'd do something like that. The only positive
    >> >thing that comes out of it is that my wife accidentally mailed the
    >> >original I-797c with the forms rather than a copy of it but at the
    >> >moment she doesn't see that as much of a positive. Now she has to re-
    >> >do
    >> >her forms and send off the same payment of $170. So much for the old
    >> >saying "better safe than sorry".
    >> Yes, they are the most petty human beings on the planet. They have
    >> made careers out of being petty. It is ridiculous under normal
    >> circumstances that they would send back a check for $5 too much; but
    >> being that the fee JUST changed, it is unbelievably petty and stupid.
    >> Sorry you - and we all - have to deal with such idiots.
    >Actually, the fees just changing has nothing to do with it. They would
    >have rejected the filing for the incorrect amount even if he filed
    >last year.

Matthew, no one's arguing that point. My guess is that people would have
beeen "ok, I guess that's the way it is" LAST year.

It's even MORE petty than usual to do it at the time of the fees changing.

Of course, the irony is that NOW, the correct fee for them IS $170.

Or do they keep the incorrect submission on record and will expect $165
again?

Maybe send both a $165 check, AND a $5 check and have them return the $5
check if they don't like it?!?

MH

Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:08 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there
I am so sorry to hear the application was returned, common sense and USCIS don't get along..
Good Luck!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:31 pm
You aint seen me, right?

Thanks, no doubt I'll have many more questions from now on to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again and hopefully relieve some of the stress my wife is going through right now.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, no doubt I'll have many more questions from now on to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again and hopefully relieve some of the stress my wife is going through right now.
Welcome to the forum, and come back any time with questions, we are happy to help you!

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:14 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Just ask and we will be there to advice you, maybe your wife should join the newsgroup it will help her release the stress!!