Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to contact the US embassy in London - credit card company blocked paym

Is there a way to contact the US embassy in London - credit card company blocked paym

Old May 4th 2016, 11:42 am
Just Joined

pokedmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there a way to contact the US embassy in London - credit card company blocked paym

Have only just sent my application over to the US embassy and have already got myself worked up :S

So sent my application on Friday and got a text message from my credit company to flag a payment taken this morning could be fraud. I checked with them and realised they blocked the embassy from taking payment to process my application! (First and ONLY time I'm not pleased with their fraud detection!!!)

I asked my credit card company not to block any more from the embassy and unfortunately they weren't able to reinstate the payment unless the "merchant" (US embassy) tried the payment again.

Apart from waiting for a rejection letter from the embassy, what do you guys think the consequence of this will be?

Will it affect my future visa applications? I'm already preparing myself for a reply from them to say that they couldn't process my application because they couldn't take my payment.

Or is there someone I could email/call to let them know that they just need to try the payment again and it will go through :S

Such a strange one...
Old May 4th 2016, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a way to contact the US embassy in London - credit card company blocked

Originally Posted by pokedmund
Apart from waiting for a rejection letter from the embassy, what do you guys think the consequence of this will be?
Your entire application package will be returned for lack of payment. All you need to do is resubmit it... problem solved.

Will it affect my future visa applications?
No, not in the least.

Or is there someone I could email/call to let them know that they just need to try the payment again and it will go through
There is no one to contact. Wait until your package is returned, and resubmit.

Such a strange one...
It happens more often than you might think.

Ian
Old May 4th 2016, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

pokedmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a way to contact the US embassy in London - credit card company blocked

thanks Ian, Will look out for my return package and resubmit asap.
Old May 4th 2016, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

The embassy may re-try the credit card again.
Old May 4th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar issue when submitting my N400 recently. Filled out the card payment form, mailed all the forms off, then my card was stopped the next day as my card company spotted a suspicious transaction. It went exactly as Ian said, I got the form back in the mail a couple of weeks later with a letter explaining. They also included a cover sheet for me to attach when I resubmitted the application.