Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Are there any other british Realtors out there?

Are there any other british Realtors out there?

Old May 23rd 2010, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Samsellsnaples is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any other british Realtors out there?

Hi are you a brit realtor outside of florida? could you let me know a PM would be great ta
Old May 23rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any other british Realtors out there?

Originally Posted by Samsellsnaples
Hi are you a brit realtor outside of florida? could you let me know a PM would be great ta
Wel that cuts it down to 49.
Old May 23rd 2010, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Wel that cuts it down to 49.
WHAT???
Old May 23rd 2010, 10:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samsellsnaples
WHAT???
What exactly are you looking for? A Realtor(tm) in the US who is also British? A real estate agent in Britain? Outside of Florida leaves 49 states remaining.. do you care where the person works?
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:22 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
What exactly are you looking for? A Realtor(tm) in the US who is also British? A real estate agent in Britain? Outside of Florida leaves 49 states remaining.. do you care where the person works?
I was watching the docu show with Piers Morgan on Las Vegas on ITV a few months ago and there seemed to be a lot of Brit realitors out there in Vegas.
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
I was watching the docu show with Piers Morgan on Las Vegas on ITV a few months ago and there seemed to be a lot of Brit realitors out there in Vegas.
If you mean Realtors(tm) working in the US, who happen to also be British, I'm sure you'll find them everywhere. What's your point? A show on ITV featured mostly Brits? Surprise?
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the docu show with Piers Morgan
WHY?
Old May 24th 2010, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! Not another education by TV show.

Are you gearing up for when Law and Order finishes and looking to find another show for your info?
Old May 24th 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

If you mean Realtors(tm) working in the US, who happen to also be British, I'm sure you'll find them everywhere. What's your point? A show on ITV featured mostly Brits? Surprise?
nope I`m a Realtor
Old May 24th 2010, 1:25 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea that the word "realtor" was a proprietary name until I saw your post..! So I looked it up in the Oxford English Dictionary, and here is the entry;

REALTOR
A member of the National Association of Realtors (formerly the National Association of Real Estate Boards). Hence: a real estate agent or broker. Also in extended use.
A proprietary name.
1916 C. N. CHADBOURN in Nat. Real Estate Jrnl. 15 Mar. 111/2, I propose that the National Association adopt a professional title to be conferred upon its members which they shall use to distinguish them from outsiders. That this title be copyrighted and defended by the National Association against misuse... I therefore, propose that the National Association adopt and confer upon its members, dealers in realty, the title of realtor (accented on the first syllable). 1922 S. LEWIS Babbitt xiii. 157 We ought to insist that folks call us ‘realtors’ and not ‘real-estate men’. Sounds more like a reg'lar profession. 1962 R. B. FULLER Epic Poem on Industrialization 139 The organized religions The world's premier realtors. 1973 R. C. DENNIS Sweat of Fear ix. 59 The realtor said... ‘Let me point out some of the features of this lovely, lovely home.’ 2005 J. WEINER Goodnight Nobody i. 5 After a morning of unpacking I'd driven the kids to the park our Realtor had pointed out.

This is interesting; are other professional titles proprietary in the same way? The things yiou learn by reading BE threads!!
Old May 24th 2010, 2:28 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam sells naples
nope I`m a Realtor
You're British; you're a realtor; you're in Naples, FL; you want to network with other British realtors who are not in Florida. Is that right?
Old May 24th 2010, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
You're British; you're a realtor; you're in Naples, FL; you want to network with other British realtors who are not in Florida. Is that right?
I wonder if letting everyone on a chat forum know you're a realtor brings in more business?
Old May 24th 2010, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wonder if letting everyone on a chat forum know you're a realtor brings in more business?
Could do, especially in Florida!! You don't think.......nah, who would do that?
Old May 24th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
are other professional titles proprietary in the same way?
To some extent the title "Engineer" is, in that a person has to be professionally licensed to be able to use that title.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:28 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really and apparently their bubble has well and truly burst in this recession one English fella was saying he lost practically everything in had to sell a couple of places to make ends meet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.