British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Test package (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/test-package-510433/)

tony126 Jan 30th 2008 8:47 pm

Test package

Had my FP's done today. Forgot to ask about Quick Civics Lesson booklet. Am I missing anything important or is it something I can find on the USCIS web page?

fatbrit Jan 30th 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Test package

Originally Posted by tony126 (Post 5860589)
Had my FP's done today. Forgot to ask about Quick Civics Lesson booklet. Am I missing anything important or is it something I can find on the USCIS web page?

There are a pile of questions. There's a new list (?150 questions) and an old list (?100 questions). I have no idea which one you are doing -- you'll have to find that out yourself. Just print 'em up and memorize them. Budget an hour or two. Don't bother reading paragraphs of blah -- all they do is ask you some of the questions.

tony126 Jan 30th 2008 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 5860612)
There are a pile of questions. There's a new list (?150 questions) and an old list (?100 questions). I have no idea which one you are doing -- you'll have to find that out yourself. Just print 'em up and memorize them. Budget an hour or two. Don't bother reading paragraphs of blah -- all they do is ask you some of the questions.

Thanks FB. I did not know whether they had settled on the new questions. I can always phone them up and ask.

fatbrit Jan 30th 2008 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by tony126 (Post 5860855)
Thanks FB. I did not know whether they had settled on the new questions. I can always phone them up and ask.

Been for a look. At the moment they're saying the changeover date is October 1, 2008. Next week of course, they could be saying anything. Personally, I'd wait till you get the interview letter given the uncertain nature of N400 at the moment -- you usually get 2 or 3 weeks notice minimum. And learning them isn't that difficult if English is your native language.

Bob Jan 30th 2008 9:58 pm

It's a bit of a chunky printout, so print it at work though if you can :D

Noorah101 Jan 30th 2008 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 5860887)
Been for a look. At the moment they're saying the changeover date is October 1, 2008. Next week of course, they could be saying anything. Personally, I'd wait till you get the interview letter given the uncertain nature of N400 at the moment -- you usually get 2 or 3 weeks notice minimum. And learning them isn't that difficult if English is your native language.

And if it's not, you got your work cut out for you! Most of that governmental vocabulary doesn't even exist in a language where that country's goverment isn't a democracy! LOL New ideas to learn, new vocabulary, new pronunciation, new words to recognize when heard, new words to learn to pronounce correctly when time to answer....fun fun fun! :)

Rene

meauxna Jan 30th 2008 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 5860972)
Most of that governmental vocabulary doesn't even exist in a language where that country's goverment isn't a democracy!

lol, awesome reminder, Rene!

"haga 'clik'", remember? :D

(I was so afraid the DH would answer 'Duck Cheney' to the VP question, he practiced it so long that way....)