Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Termination of conditional resident status letter - urgent advice needed

Wikiposts

Termination of conditional resident status letter - urgent advice needed

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Termination of conditional resident status letter - urgent advice needed

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I believe they're still tracking around 5 months. We just filed hubby's about 2 weeks ago (NOA1 date 8/24).

I know they're 'low priority' but most folks still seem to get approved around 4-5 months. VSC is a bit slower though (just my luck!).
I concur. Trackers hover around the timelines of three months to a year. That corresponds to straight forward cases to the ones needing an interview. Its all on a case by case basis. A supersensible counsel will avoid a mundane uncertain 6 month estimate and give a more purdent one year time frame.

Complicated waivers may take more than a year. In retrospect, most legal experts gave me a timeline of 2 years, a cautious estimate looking a my ( hellish) case. For those who dont know -- A good faith waiver coupled with a removal based on a false venomous letter from the burnt up sour EX.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:24 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Termination of conditional resident status letter - urgent advice needed

Originally Posted by kthx
Yep, some people get it as fast as 50 days.

Yeah, according to uscis site, VSC is 6 months processing time That's where I am applying since I am in TX.

I just noticed there is TSC (Texas Service Center) and there is processing time for I751 there too. Who applies there?

On I-751 instructions it seems you either send to VSC or CSC.
I think TSC used to take them and probably still have some outstanding. I can't remember when it changed to be just VSC and CSC.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

When did you file yours by the way?
I guess my experience is old now...we filed the I-751 back in 2007. Time flies...it doesn't seem that long ago in my mind!

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lostlove
I concur. Trackers hover around the timelines of three months to a year. That corresponds to straight forward cases to the ones needing an interview. Its all on a case by case basis. A supersensible counsel will avoid a mundane uncertain 6 month estimate and give a more purdent one year time frame.

Complicated waivers may take more than a year. In retrospect, most legal experts gave me a timeline of 2 years, a cautious estimate looking a my ( hellish) case. For those who dont know -- A good faith waiver coupled with a removal based on a false venomous letter from the burnt up sour EX.
From my own experience and my friends' experience: I noticed that in general population online that post their timelines tends to be in general more intelligent and more paranoid than general public. Furthermore, I also believe that people with "bad" cases that are probably minority tend to be overrepresented online, because that's where they turn to, whereas majority of people who don't even use internet: just apply and quietly get their stuff done.

I remember when I was getting my initial application done: I was scared by guys posting messages about how bad USCIS are, how unorganized they are, how this guys' case is taking 5 years. Then I applied, had fingerprints and marriage interview all done within 50 days of application. (Got 6 months delayed green card due to FBI check though, but that's not USCIS I believe)

I also noticed from my previous applications: that all the applications were returned to me faster than "Average processing time" was for them on USCIS website.

Last edited by kthx; Sep 3rd 2009 at 3:33 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I also believe that people with "bad" cases that are probably minority tend to be overrepresented online, because that's where they turn to, whereas majority of people who don't even use internet: just apply and quietly get their stuff done.
I think this is an excellent observation... indeed, a most excellent observation!

Ian
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future

Hey all

Just to let you know that i today recieved my notice to appear for my biometrics on the 23rd October. so Fingers crossed this is a good sign and my application will be approved (i guess you can never count your chickens though!!!)

Thanks
Brad
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradg
Hey all

Just to let you know that i today recieved my notice to appear for my biometrics on the 23rd October. so Fingers crossed this is a good sign and my application will be approved (i guess you can never count your chickens though!!!)

Thanks
Brad
Avoid the speculation of a denial or approval trouble you at this moment. Biometrics comes as default, and has no relation with the merits of your application. That said, the next could be an approval, OR RFE/interview. It will not get any worse.
Enjoy your weekend with things you love the most. For me its tennis and then bottle of grey goose...Peace
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future

Hey all,

Quick update and a quick question....

Still no news, not surprised though, from the sounds of it, it appears to simply be a waiting game.

Question.. previously i had noted that i recieved the dreaded letter from USCIS advising that my Temp Greencard (2 yr one) had expired back in 2007 and that i was no longer auth to be in the country or working...After that letter my council advised not to worry as that was a formality and as long as i sent my paperwork by the 3rd sept then they would grant the one year extension whilst they processed my I751. Weird thing is, i recieved another of these letters here this past week. Thinking it may mean nothing and is most likely a letter that is generated by a computer...Council is out on vacation for next 2 weeks so cant ask them....thoughts???

thanks
Bradg
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

You should not ignore it. Contact your attorney right away when she returns from vacation.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that submitted their I-751 in September of 2009 and have recieved it yet. I know i am probably jumping the gun but i submitted mine in September, had my bios done in October and the 6 month period is over this month, so just wondering about others progress?

Let me know

thanks
Brad
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so if you decide to follow your attorney's advice, that sounds good to me. However, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but do not wait till September 2nd and mailing everything overnight. I like Ian's and Jeffrey's..... answers. Also, in my opinion the IO probably terminated you conditional status because in his/hers eyes you filed too late. In our eyes or at least mine , yes you filed in the very last minute. You had 90 days to do so. May I ask you why you waited till the last day? Best wishes Milan.

Last edited by adjudicator89; Mar 25th 2010 at 1:07 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bradg
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that submitted their I-751 in September of 2009 and have recieved it yet. I know i am probably jumping the gun but i submitted mine in September, had my bios done in October and the 6 month period is over this month, so just wondering about others progress?

Let me know

thanks
Brad
Brad:

Every case is unique, its normal to have scattered and skewed timelines for a same petition. So there could be cases filed before or after September 09 that have been processed or pending. Let not other successful timelines disturb you.

Give yourself a one year conservative timeline and then start inquiry thru INFOPASS / your counselor.

A delay far from normal published timelines is usually an intimation of a future interview.