Wikiposts

Temporary EAD, how long

Old Jul 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Zik

Default Temporary EAD, how long

hi, i was thinking that right after my entry to the US on the K1 Visa i would apply
for the Temporary EAD if it wasn't granted at the POE. reading the instructions of
I-765 it says that i should apply under section (a)(6) and moreover i should mail my
application to Vermont Service Center.

i guess i wanted to know 3 things: 1- do i need to use VSC for appyling for the Temp
EAD, or i can use my local service center 2- if i have to use VSC how long is it
taking to get this 3 months Temp EAD. 3- What if i didn't get the Temp EAD before i
apply for the one year EAD, would that affect the one year EAD processing time??

thanks,

Zik

Old Jul 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Temporary EAD, how long

"zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hi, i was thinking that right after my entry to the US on the K1 Visa i would apply
    > for the Temporary EAD if it wasn't granted at the POE. reading the instructions of
    > I-765 it says that i should apply under section (a)(6) and moreover i should mail
    > my application to Vermont Service Center.
    >
    > i guess i wanted to know 3 things: 1- do i need to use VSC for appyling for the
    > Temp EAD, or i can use my local service center 2- if i have to use VSC how long is
    > it taking to get this 3 months Temp EAD.

You should go in person to the local INS office and try to get it; if you cannot get
it from the local INS office, don't bother with it. It will take too much time for it
to be processed at VSC. Many people have had their approval after the 90 days have
already expired!!!

> 3- What if i didn't get the Temp EAD before i apply for the one year EAD, would
    > that affect the one year EAD processing time??

It makes no difference.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jul 5th 2002, 7:20 pm
Zik

Default Re: Temporary EAD, how long

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hi, i was thinking that right after my entry to the US on the K1 Visa i would
    > > apply for the Temporary EAD if it wasn't granted at the POE. reading the
    > > instructions of I-765 it says that i should apply under section (a)(6) and
    > > moreover i should mail my application to Vermont Service Center.
    > >
    > > i guess i wanted to know 3 things: 1- do i need to use VSC for appyling for the
    > > Temp EAD, or i can use my local service center 2- if i have to use VSC how long
    > > is it taking to get this 3 months Temp EAD.
    >
    > You should go in person to the local INS office and try to get it; if you cannot
    > get it from the local INS office, don't bother with it. It will take too much time
    > for it to be processed at VSC. Many people have had their approval after the 90
    > days have already expired!!!
    >
    > > 3- What if i didn't get the Temp EAD before i apply for the one year EAD, would
    > > that affect the one year EAD processing time??
    >
    > It makes no difference.
    >
    > Andy.

thanks Andy