Tax Returns AND W'2's?

Old Apr 5th 2001, 1:34 pm
cOnFuZzLeD

I have a question regarding tax returns and the AOS. I know that i need both mine and
my co-sponsers last 3 years tax returns to submit with the I-864 however do I also
need to include the W-2's for each year? I moved awhile back and I seem to have lost
my W-2 for 1999? Can I obtain a copy from the IRS? Thanks in advance.

A

Old Apr 5th 2001, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you do need to have the w2's as well, I'm sure someone else can confirm or deny this.
If you go the irs web site you can get information about how to get copies or transcripts of the information that you need. They also have a toll free number you can call, I copied it down from another post a while back, I will try to find it again if you want or maybe someone else knows it or has it stored in handy place or you can to a search on google. I think the post had something to do with tax transcripts.
Old Apr 6th 2001, 12:38 am
RJLiles

You can contact your employer for copies of the W-2. At least that is what I have
done in the past.

Look at the instructions on the I-864, it should say if they want W-2s or not.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:50 am
exyz

You should have the W-2. Your employer (or former employer) should be able to
generate one for you in a matter of days.

>
is what
    >
    >
    >
W-2s or
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have a question regarding tax returns and the AOS. I know that[/usenetquote2]
i need
[usenetquote2]> > both mine and my co-sponsers last 3 years tax returns to submit[/usenetquote2]
with the
[usenetquote2]> > I-864 however do I also need to include the W-2's for each year?[/usenetquote2]
I moved
[usenetquote2]> > awhile back and I seem to have lost my W-2 for 1999? Can I[/usenetquote2]
obtain a copy
[usenetquote2]> > from the IRS? Thanks in advance.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > A[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:34 pm
Ben Johnson

You only need W2s if you filed joint returns those years, and you are relying on just
your income.

Ben

--
[email protected]

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 25th 2001, 10:14 am
Rajiv Silva

Yes, even a copy will do it.

Ben Johnson wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have a question regarding tax returns and the AOS. I know that i need both mine[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and my co-sponsers last 3 years tax returns to submit with the I-864 however do I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > also need to include the W-2's for each year? I moved awhile back and I seem to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have lost my W-2 for 1999? Can I obtain a copy from the IRS? Thanks in advance.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > A[/usenetquote2]