Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:32 pm
  #1  
EG+JG
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Originally UK, now in Cali
Posts: 44
JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Hi. I am from the UK & Married to a beautiful USC!! I-130 Receipt done, I-129f now approved so waiitng to hear from London for Packet3 we are told Whilst waiting does any1 know if I can travel to the U.S to visit for 2-3wks vacation for xmas! Using the VWP (Visa Waiver program) u get free when you travel to the U.S as usual. Cant see anything anywhere to confirm I cant but have heard stories.. Does any1 know for sure!? Cheers, JG
JG+EG is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:10 am
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Originally Posted by JG+EG
Hi. I am from the UK & Married to a beautiful USC!! I-130 Receipt done, I-129f now approved so waiitng to hear from London for Packet3 we are told Whilst waiting does any1 know if I can travel to the U.S to visit for 2-3wks vacation for xmas! Using the VWP (Visa Waiver program) u get free when you travel to the U.S as usual. Cant see anything anywhere to confirm I cant but have heard stories.. Does any1 know for sure!? Cheers, JG
It is possible and legal to travel on the VWP while waiting for your visa processing. However, make sure to bring plenty of proof that you intend to return to the UK in 2-3 weeks. You more obviously have immigrant intent when you have a visa in the works. Just be prepared to be turned away at the POE, if your proof doesn't satisfy the officer. Some people in the UK fly out of Dublin, as it's a shorter trip back if they get turned away there.

What would you do if you're in the USA and your Packet 3 comes to you in the UK? Hopefully you have someone there that will collect your mail, right?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:20 am
  #3  
EG+JG
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Originally UK, now in Cali
Posts: 44
JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Hi Noorah, how you doin. Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. Yes, I have family in the Uk here so all my post is beingdiverted to them so no probs there and the flight ticket return date can be altered/brought fwd at anytime so could get back in time plus was only planning on a 2-3weeks! I have all the relevant stuff some1 might wanna check as you say too that id take along with me and thought the same as you, that it should be ok using the VWP that us Europeans get given! As said I129f approved and being posted to London now.. no idea how long the rest will now take!!?
JG+EG is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:31 am
  #4  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Originally Posted by JG+EG
Hi Noorah, how you doin. Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. Yes, I have family in the Uk here so all my post is beingdiverted to them so no probs there and the flight ticket return date can be altered/brought fwd at anytime so could get back in time plus was only planning on a 2-3weeks! I have all the relevant stuff some1 might wanna check as you say too that id take along with me and thought the same as you, that it should be ok using the VWP that us Europeans get given! As said I129f approved and being posted to London now.. no idea how long the rest will now take!!?
Just curious....when you say "all your post is being diverted to them", do you mean it's being forwarded to them? Or they are checking your existing mailbox?

Have a good visit with your wife.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:42 am
  #5  
EG+JG
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Originally UK, now in Cali
Posts: 44
JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Hi, no probs. My mail is being picked up at my home address, cant wait to see her.. Hate this process tho its gotta be done! (Actually, I note your in Phoenix, My Mum lives in Tucson with my Step-Father who was in the USAF years ago.. Nice place!!! I was there with my wife in June, visiting my parents - It was hot as usual!!! 118degrees!
JG+EG is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:50 am
  #6  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Originally Posted by JG+EG
Hi, no probs. My mail is being picked up at my home address, cant wait to see her.. Hate this process tho its gotta be done! (Actually, I note your in Phoenix, My Mum lives in Tucson with my Step-Father who was in the USAF years ago.. Nice place!!! I was there with my wife in June, visiting my parents - It was hot as usual!!! 118degrees!
Nice! I grew up in Tucson but have lived in Phoenix for 20 years now. The weather is perfect now...82 for the high today! Summers are an inferno, but during winter we remember why we live here. LOL

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:58 am
  #7  
EG+JG
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Originally UK, now in Cali
Posts: 44
JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tavelling while visa in process!!?

Haha. Yes. Very true!! Beats the UK weather much as I love England!!! So, as our I-129f was approved a 3wks ago, not yet heard from U.S Embassy London - Any idea how long would you think the rest of the process Etc will take?? We're very organised and ready for them with all the relevant stuff..! JG
JG+EG is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.