Taking out US citizenship

Old Dec 1st 2020, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Streetlegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking out US citizenship

Hi all,

I have held a green card for about 7 years and would like to take out US citizenship--I want to have dual citizenship. I've decided that even if I move back to the UK, it makes sense to have the security that US citizenship would give--whatever my status I would have to pay taxes anyway, so may as well go the whole hog.

Any one have any advice on this, generally, and, more specifically, the best thing for me to do to get this ball rolling. Do I need a lawyer?

Cheers
Ed
Old Dec 1st 2020, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking out US citizenship

Very easy to do..... apply below

https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Old Dec 1st 2020, 12:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is easy peasy to apply for naturalization online. Uncle Sam wants you to become a US Citizen.

Uncle Sam Wants YOU! (to be a citizen)

You complete the application online, submit your evidence as requested, i.e. taxes transcripts, copy of green card, etc. You will be sent an appointment date for your biometrics and then sit back and wait for your interview date to be scheduled. While waiting for that you study the questions and answers to the test. The interview is quick and if all goes well you will be scheduled for the oath ceremony and viola you are a US Citizen.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 4:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

'Take out' US Citizenship.... sounds like it's a loan or something

In all seriousness, it's a very straight forward process.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Streetlegal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, all!
Ed