Wikiposts

Sydney DCF experience April 2004

Old May 3rd 2004, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

atcal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney DCF experience April 2004

Had our interview on Monday april 19th at 8am. We reached early at the MLC center and after showing our appointment letter to the guard were allowed to enter the elevators and go to the 59th floor.
Came out and stood in line waiting for the security agents to arrive. As soon as the clock hit 8, we were checked by the security staff and after passing through a metal detector allowed to proceed into the room. We were told to go to window 2 which is straight on as you enter. We showed out appointment letter and the lady asked us to go to conter 6 and pay the fees(US$ 465).
After that we were given a receipt and a yellow laminated sheet with the list of documents to be submitted and their placement order. T stated that the docs were not in the right order you would be sent to the end of the line. We read through the list and accordingly arranged our papers. At about 845 am the lad called our name and we wnt to the counter with the forms She went through the forms, looked at the original forms, put them on a side and stapled the photocopies to the forms. After going through the forms in detail she returned the originals to us and asked us to wait till the interviewing officer called for us. She told us that we would be denied since I had not filed my 2003 tax returns. I told her I had filed for an extension but she didn’t quite understand , she was kind and politely said that she would pass on the message to the officer.
Around 930 am, the officer ( a decent white lady) called us to window 3 and started the interview:
1) How did you meet.
2) Was it an arranged or love marriage
3) When did you meet
4) How did you communicate when separated.
5) Show me some photographs of your wedding.
6) How did I get US citizenship.
7) She asked my wife (who is an aussie) about her status in Australia. Where she worked and all such details. Whether she lives alone or with parents.
I told her about my extension and she said that she would keep it on hold till we fax her this years return. I told her I plan to file a return when I go back with my aussie wife. She said she would give me a fax number and asked me to fax the information.
Then she came back after 5 minutes and asked us to wait while she approved the performed the paperwork. Which meant she had cleared us. I was pleasantly surprised. She asked me how much I would file for and since my last 2 returns were pretty high amount she just went with my words and decided to give us the visa.
By 1030 am we were out with the green card papers.

It was a very nice feeling. Although not that smooth in the end everything worked out fine. The staff was kind and explained everything in a polite manner.

Tiemline:
Submitted application: February 2004 with DS 230
Requested a date for April. Were granted that date without any hassle.
Interview: April 19th.
Visa granted: April 19th.
Old May 3rd 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney DCF experience April 2004

Congrats!
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:42 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

I think others about to have there interview for K1, K3 or DCF should take note.

If you got your affidavit done a while ago and only have tax returns for 2002, 2001, 2002 etc you are going to need this past years tax returns by the sound of it. So get your wife/husband, fiance/e, sponsor etc to send your there latest tax return.

Just thought i'd point that out.

James
Old May 4th 2004, 7:25 am
Just Joined

atcal1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is correct. For this year one would need tax returns from 2001, 2002 ,2003.
They would not accept a 2000 return.
If you have filed for extension just take the confirmation number with you and it will be fine.

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I think others about to have there interview for K1, K3 or DCF should take note.

If you got your affidavit done a while ago and only have tax returns for 2002, 2001, 2002 etc you are going to need this past years tax returns by the sound of it. So get your wife/husband, fiance/e, sponsor etc to send your there latest tax return.

Just thought i'd point that out.

James