British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Supporting documents for Registering Birth at Embassy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/supporting-documents-registering-birth-embassy-793053/)

Adnams Jun 7th 2013 8:29 pm

Re: Supporting documents for Registering Birth at Embassy

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 10746160)
From memory I think the three month rule applies to having the US birth certificate issued no later than three months after the birth otherwise the embassy will also need to see the hospital records as well.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

You can apply for the passport before birth registration, but it's easier to do it afterwards as all you'll need to send is their consular birth certificate.

If I recall correctly you can actually apply for both at the same time. We did this with our first born. No probs.
There is a very nice antipodean who works at consul, very helpful.

BritInParis Jun 7th 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 10746239)
If I recall correctly you can actually apply for both at the same time. We did this with our first born. No probs.

Yeah, you can do that too :)

savannah_boy Jun 7th 2013 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 10746239)

I tried to phone them and email them but couldn't get through to a person. It was just an automatic email and phone system that keeps you in a loop :(

Bob Jun 8th 2013 1:33 am

Originally Posted by savannah_boy (Post 10746287)
I tried to phone them and email them but couldn't get through to a person. It was just an automatic email and phone system that keeps you in a loop :(

Dean, who is on BE sometimes can be reached here, Brit Consul, I think it was.

savannah_boy Jun 10th 2013 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10746528)
Dean, who is on BE sometimes can be reached here, Brit Consul, I think it was.

Bob could you send me a private message or email with Dean's username?
Cheers

Uncle_Bob Jun 11th 2013 6:55 pm

I need to register my kids, they are 6 & 7 years old.

I don't need UK passports they can just use there American ones for visits. I see no point paying silly money for the passports with a chip when they can't use the chip gates at UK passport control as they are under 18.

Bob Jun 12th 2013 1:56 am

Originally Posted by savannah_boy (Post 10749034)
Bob could you send me a private message or email with Dean's username?
Cheers

It was in the post.

savannah_boy Jun 21st 2013 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 10744932)
I did this in January.
I forgot to mail my divorce documents.
They emailed me and asked me to scan it to them and email it.

How long does it take to get the British birth certificate? My application pack should have arrived with them yesterday via Fedex. Yes I am keen as mustard ;)

savannah_boy Jul 1st 2013 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by savannah_boy (Post 10768393)
How long does it take to get the British birth certificate? My application pack should have arrived with them yesterday via Fedex. Yes I am keen as mustard ;)

I haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling the Washington Embassy but just got into a phone loop as my query doesn't fit into their phone options. I have used the email [email protected] on their website but I just get an automatic reply. Also tried send a PM to the member on here that I was told works there. Can I assume all is ok and they are just processing it if I haven't received a phone call back with a query?

BritInParis Jul 1st 2013 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by savannah_boy (Post 10780497)
I haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling the Washington Embassy but just got into a phone loop as my query doesn't fit into their phone options. I have used the email [email protected] on their website but I just get an automatic reply. Also tried send a PM to the member on here that I was told works there. Can I assume all is ok and they are just processing it if I haven't received a phone call back with a query?

Have you been charged for it?

Birth regs go on the back burner if consular staff are required elsewhere in the region. I understand Washington is pretty quick normally but elsewhere can take months.

savannah_boy Jul 1st 2013 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 10780520)
Have you been charged for it?

Birth regs go on the back burner if consular staff are required elsewhere in the region. I understand Washington is pretty quick normally but elsewhere can take months.

I drew out the cash and went to Kroger to get the money order so not sure yet. By the way Bank of America would charge me $5 for a money order and Kroger $0.69 only.

savannah_boy Jul 10th 2013 1:24 pm

Got the birth certificate yesterday 9th July. Even if my daughter were not to get a UK passport this very second this document will help her when we decide to do it. Very happy about that now :)