Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Old Sep 18th 2005, 2:09 pm
  #1  
grimknight21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Hi everyone,
First off, I'd like to thank the newsgroup for all of the help it's
given me in my own I-129f/K-1 story. I've now made it over to the US
and I'm in the process of adjusting status.

I recently applied for the Adjustment of Status, Work Permit and
Advanced Parole. Not long following my application I got a yellow
letter from Lee's Summit, MO looking for the Supplement to Form I-693.
I have found a copy of this form online and have no other problems
(save getting a Social Security Number, but that's a different story).

Where my problem lies, is in trying to FIND a civil surgeon. I've tried
every number within 10 miles of my current abode at DeKalb, IL and
EVERY single one of the doctors listed has gone out of business. Is
there any particular reason why this is the case?

Can anyone recommend a Civil Surgeon in the greater Chicago area,
especially near DeKalb? I've tried more than a few and it's depressing
how few of the addresses or surgeons listed are no longer around.
 
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:01 pm
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by grimknight21
Where my problem lies, is in trying to FIND a civil surgeon. I've tried
every number within 10 miles of my current abode at DeKalb, IL and
EVERY single one of the doctors listed has gone out of business. Is
there any particular reason why this is the case?

Can anyone recommend a Civil Surgeon in the greater Chicago area,
especially near DeKalb? I've tried more than a few and it's depressing
how few of the addresses or surgeons listed are no longer around.
Did you get those civil surgeons listed from the www.uscis.gov website? Perhaps you'll have to search an area further than a 10-mile radius. Try a larger city near you.

Also, the vaccination supplement is a form that the civil surgeon provides, not you. You only need to bring in your proof of vaccinations from your K-1 medical (or vaccination history). Be prepared to convince the doctor that you do NOT need an entire new medical. They will probably think that's what you need, and you have to keep repeating that you HAD your medical overseas, and ALL you need is the vaccination supplement. Be firm about it, and eventually they'll do just that part for you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:05 pm
  #3  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

I just did a search here http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp and only came up with one civil surgeon located in DeKalb. If that isn't the site you used to search with, try that one, and use a larger city.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:35 am
  #4  
Failed Expat ;-)
 
NJ_Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: (Great) Britain
Posts: 7,392
NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by grimknight21
Hi everyone,
First off, I'd like to thank the newsgroup for all of the help it's
given me in my own I-129f/K-1 story. I've now made it over to the US
and I'm in the process of adjusting status.

I recently applied for the Adjustment of Status, Work Permit and
Advanced Parole. Not long following my application I got a yellow
letter from Lee's Summit, MO looking for the Supplement to Form I-693.
I have found a copy of this form online and have no other problems
(save getting a Social Security Number, but that's a different story).

Where my problem lies, is in trying to FIND a civil surgeon. I've tried
every number within 10 miles of my current abode at DeKalb, IL and
EVERY single one of the doctors listed has gone out of business. Is
there any particular reason why this is the case?

Can anyone recommend a Civil Surgeon in the greater Chicago area,
especially near DeKalb? I've tried more than a few and it's depressing
how few of the addresses or surgeons listed are no longer around.
Did you try the number for this place, that I just pulled from the USCIS website?

Sauk Medical Clinic
1025 West Hillcrest Drive
DeKalb, IL 60115
Tel: (815)748-0828

And there are plenty of places in Chicago that you can use. http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/LocateSurgeon.asp
NJ_Dave is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2005, 4:57 am
  #5  
 
meauxna's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 35,082
meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by grimknight21
Hi everyone,
First off, I'd like to thank the newsgroup for all of the help it's
given me in my own I-129f/K-1 story. I've now made it over to the US
and I'm in the process of adjusting status.

I recently applied for the Adjustment of Status, Work Permit and
Advanced Parole. Not long following my application I got a yellow
letter from Lee's Summit, MO looking for the Supplement to Form I-693.
I have found a copy of this form online and have no other problems
(save getting a Social Security Number, but that's a different story).

Where my problem lies, is in trying to FIND a civil surgeon. I've tried
every number within 10 miles of my current abode at DeKalb, IL and
EVERY single one of the doctors listed has gone out of business. Is
there any particular reason why this is the case?

Can anyone recommend a Civil Surgeon in the greater Chicago area,
especially near DeKalb? I've tried more than a few and it's depressing
how few of the addresses or surgeons listed are no longer around.
If you did not get your Social Security number within 14 days of your K-1 I-94 expiring, you will now have to wait until you get your EAD or Green Card.
meauxna is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:16 am
  #6  
Dazed and Confused
 
KatherineH's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Birmingham, UK
Posts: 87
KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by meauxna
If you did not get your Social Security number within 14 days of your K-1 I-94 expiring, you will now have to wait until you get your EAD or Green Card.
I'll try asking here before I start a new thread...

I've called a couple of civil surgeons and none of the schedulers seem to have a clue what the correct procedure is. One clinic tried to convince me we needed another exam but was too booked up anyway. Another said that if we just need vaccines, Rich can go to his usual doctor. That doesn't seem right either.

He has to get his remaining vaccines from a civil surgeon, correct? He can't have his normal doctor do them and then have a civil surgeon certify it?

His form from the UK exam says he needs MMR and TB, but the USCIS site says Hep B as well, in which case we're screwed as it's a 6 month vaccine.
KatherineH is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:24 am
  #7  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by KatherineH
I'll try asking here before I start a new thread...

I've called a couple of civil surgeons and none of the schedulers seem to have a clue what the correct procedure is. One clinic tried to convince me we needed another exam but was too booked up anyway. Another said that if we just need vaccines, Rich can go to his usual doctor. That doesn't seem right either.

He has to get his remaining vaccines from a civil surgeon, correct? He can't have his normal doctor do them and then have a civil surgeon certify it?

His form from the UK exam says he needs MMR and TB, but the USCIS site says Hep B as well, in which case we're screwed as it's a 6 month vaccine.
Hi Katherine,

It's not unusual for the staff at the Civil Surgeon's office to be clueless. Don't let them talk him into a whole new medical if all you need is the vaccination supplement. Rather than arguing on the phone, I would just make the appointment and then convince them in person. You might have to be firm about it and stand your ground, but eventually they'll agree to just sign the vaccination supplement form.

As for his remaining vaccinations, I do believe you can get those done by his own doctor, and just bring proof that they were done in with you when you go get the vaccination supplement. All the civil surgeon needs to see is that the vaccinations are done...I don't think it matters who did them.

I'm not sure at all about the Hep B vaccination....I know some vaccinations depend on age and all that. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:54 am
  #8  
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW
 
Hypertweeky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,476
Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Katherine,

It's not unusual for the staff at the Civil Surgeon's office to be clueless. Don't let them talk him into a whole new medical if all you need is the vaccination supplement. Rather than arguing on the phone, I would just make the appointment and then convince them in person. You might have to be firm about it and stand your ground, but eventually they'll agree to just sign the vaccination supplement form.

As for his remaining vaccinations, I do believe you can get those done by his own doctor, and just bring proof that they were done in with you when you go get the vaccination supplement. All the civil surgeon needs to see is that the vaccinations are done...I don't think it matters who did them.

I'm not sure at all about the Hep B vaccination....I know some vaccinations depend on age and all that. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Money Hungries!!
Hypertweeky is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:30 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25
Stewnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by KatherineH
I'll try asking here before I start a new thread...

I've called a couple of civil surgeons and none of the schedulers seem to have a clue what the correct procedure is. One clinic tried to convince me we needed another exam but was too booked up anyway. Another said that if we just need vaccines, Rich can go to his usual doctor. That doesn't seem right either.

He has to get his remaining vaccines from a civil surgeon, correct? He can't have his normal doctor do them and then have a civil surgeon certify it?

His form from the UK exam says he needs MMR and TB, but the USCIS site says Hep B as well, in which case we're screwed as it's a 6 month vaccine.
Eek, you have us scared now. The best news I've found is that the next 2 jabs for Hep B are "boosters," so maybe we can get away with it.
But with our AOS interview exactly 2 weeks away...we'd like to find out soon!!!
Stewnt is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:20 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere Cold
Posts: 158
Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Katherine,

It's not unusual for the staff at the Civil Surgeon's office to be clueless. Don't let them talk him into a whole new medical if all you need is the vaccination supplement. Rather than arguing on the phone, I would just make the appointment and then convince them in person. You might have to be firm about it and stand your ground, but eventually they'll agree to just sign the vaccination supplement form.

As for his remaining vaccinations, I do believe you can get those done by his own doctor, and just bring proof that they were done in with you when you go get the vaccination supplement. All the civil surgeon needs to see is that the vaccinations are done...I don't think it matters who did them.

I'm not sure at all about the Hep B vaccination....I know some vaccinations depend on age and all that. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Same problems here.. did all my vaccines at my local doctor and want CIS doctors to certify it.. it was abit of hassle on the phone but finally I managed to get an appointment to fill out the supplement for $170..
As for the Hep B vaccines its done in three parts... Now, one month later and then six months .. i don't think its a problem when you do the first one and submit it with your supplement to CIS...
Myharris is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:39 am
  #11  
Failed Expat ;-)
 
NJ_Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: (Great) Britain
Posts: 7,392
NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by Myharris
Same problems here.. did all my vaccines at my local doctor and want CIS doctors to certify it.. it was abit of hassle on the phone but finally I managed to get an appointment to fill out the supplement for $170..
As for the Hep B vaccines its done in three parts... Now, one month later and then six months .. i don't think its a problem when you do the first one and submit it with your supplement to CIS...

$170 just for the supplement?

I think you've been had, mate. I paid $35 for mine and another $35 for the one vaccine I needed.
NJ_Dave is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:50 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere Cold
Posts: 158
Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
$170 just for the supplement?

I think you've been had, mate. I paid $35 for mine and another $35 for the one vaccine I needed.
Trust me thats the cheapest I could get without having to redo the entire physical, which is about $300.
Just one clinic out of seven is willing to sign the supplement for me without doing the whole process from the starts..
Myharris is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:02 am
  #13  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 58,687
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
$170 just for the supplement?

I think you've been had, mate. I paid $35 for mine and another $35 for the one vaccine I needed.
We paid $115 here in Phoenix just for the vaccination supplement. Prices vary GREATLY around the USA, and even within each city.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:26 pm
  #14  
The Missus
 
SecretGarden's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Northwest of Chicago
Posts: 6,239
SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by grimknight21
Can anyone recommend a Civil Surgeon in the greater Chicago area,
especially near DeKalb? I've tried more than a few and it's depressing
how few of the addresses or surgeons listed are no longer around.
Hi to the OP,
If I were you, I'd take a look at the listings on uscis.gov for civil surgeons in and around Rockford. It's only 45 minutes drive and a hell of a lot easier (and less expensive) than going into Chicago.

We used a guy who was associated with Swedish American Hospital 18 months ago.......and if you've already had your medical and only need a supplement filled out and signed, don't let them push you into the full medical. They tried that with us, and I handed them the page that said a K-1 didn't need the full medical. The doc's response was, "oh, you know more about this than I do then". Insurance did not pay for the supplement signing (no "immigration related health issues" are covered by my insurance plan) but it was less than $40 if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.
~SecretGarden
SecretGarden is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:08 am
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 25
Stewnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supplement to form I-693...where can I find a civil surgeon?

Originally Posted by Myharris
Same problems here.. did all my vaccines at my local doctor and want CIS doctors to certify it.. it was abit of hassle on the phone but finally I managed to get an appointment to fill out the supplement for $170..
As for the Hep B vaccines its done in three parts... Now, one month later and then six months .. i don't think its a problem when you do the first one and submit it with your supplement to CIS...
YAY! $105 for two jabs and a certified letter. The answer they gave me was:
Hep B is for people under 19
If they give you the beginning of a series they mark it, "insufficiant time" and it still gets certified.
Stewnt is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.