Successful Tampa AOS

Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

studio78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Successful Tampa AOS

It was a pretty simple interview. The appointment was at 8:00am today. After depositing the appointment letter in the slot, we waited about 15 mins before being called by an gentleman. He swore us in after we reached his office and told us to sit down. He asked for identification from the both of us. He then verified my name, address and phone number with me. He wanted evidence of a valid marriage. I gave him evidence of this until he said he had enough. I was asked a few questions from page 3 of the I-485 form which I responded 'no' to. He checked the I-693 medical form I had filed with the AOS application and didn't find anything wrong. He asked for job letters from the both of us and the tax returns for the last two years. I gave him the original job letters and the tax transcripts for 2002 and 2003. He then took my passport, verified it was not expired and wrote 'canceled' across both of my visas. I got the I-551 stamp in my passport and then followed the gentleman to another room where I signed my name and gave my index fingerprint twice. He said the card would arrive sometime in the next couple of months. The entire interview was about 15-20 minutes.

I just want to give a special thanks to Folinskyinla for the advice he gave me two years ago. My AOS was a lot easier after he clarified things. The AOS process was pretty smooth for me. There were no mistakes from the USCIS and because of my wait time, I don't have to file an I-751 to remove the conditions.

Timeline:
Nov. 2002 - AOS filed with I-765, I-693
Dec. 2002 - First EAD approved
Apr. 2003 - First Fingerprinting
Sept. 2003 - EAD renewal filed
Jan. 2004 - Second EAD approved
Aug. 2004 - Second Fingerprinting
Sept. 2004 - Received interview letter
Oct. 2004 - AOS approved
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:38 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful Tampa AOS

Congrats! USCIS free until you go for citizenship!