Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Success - Citizenship Interview AND Oath Ceremony Atlanta Today!

Success - Citizenship Interview AND Oath Ceremony Atlanta Today!

Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:46 am
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Success - Citizenship Interview AND Oath Ceremony Atlanta Today!

Hi Guys,

We literally just come walking in the door, tired after a looooong day.
Everything went smoothly, except I have lost my (maiden) middle name??
Signing off, the whole story and my question will have to wait until tomorrow,
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success - Citizenship Interview AND Oath Ceremony Atlanta Today!

Originally Posted by Petra
Hi Guys,

Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Headers says it all, Petra.

Congratulations, Yank, and welcome to the world of US Voting and Jury Duty ;-)))))))

Told ya 2006 would be a good year for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

We're up on Monday for the Interview and Test, but since it's in Indianapolis, I'm not even considering that Philip will get to take his Oath that day.

Jen
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:16 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to all the juicy details!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:24 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Headers says it all, Petra.
Congratulations, Yank, and welcome to the world of US Voting and Jury Duty ;-)))))))
Told ya 2006 would be a good year for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, everyone!

I just called the local County Office, they are open till 5 P.M.
So I guess tomorrow, I will head on over there
with my brand new certificate *S*

By the way...
the lady answering the phone was kinda put out with my question
and repeated it slowly back to me...
So... you became a citizen yesterday....
...and today you want to register to vote?
........ (silence) ........
Well, Congratulations!!!

*lol*
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, everyone!

I just called the local County Office, they are open till 5 P.M.
So I guess tomorrow, I will head on over there
with my brand new certificate *S*

By the way...
the lady answering the phone was kinda put out with my question
and repeated it slowly back to me...
So... you became a citizen yesterday....
...and today you want to register to vote?
........ (silence) ........
Well, Congratulations!!!

*lol*

She was stunned into silence .... I love it.

You also have to take the time tomorrow to visit the social security office and have your status changed on your account; apply for your new passport and have a party ;-)))))
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to take the time tomorrow to visit the social security office and have your status changed on your account; apply for your new passport and have a party ;-)))))
All before midnight.
Reg. Frank R.
PS. I'm still waiting for my call to Jury duty.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by frrussre
PS. I'm still waiting for my call to Jury duty.

So is my husband and he's been a USC since December 2003. Wanna bet I get recalled to Federal Jury Duty before he gets called for any jury duty and I still have a two year exemption in place from last service.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:34 pm
Mrs. Yank

Well, not sure I want to do that right now, until I understand the name change thing.
The DAO tried to explain to me that my name change (when I married) wasn't legal??
Right now, my Social Security Card, driver's license, even my Green Card, had Petra B. on it, as I pointed out to her.

She said that they could NOT put it on my certificate of naturalization.
She insisted that if I wanted to keep my maiden name as my middle name
(as I have been using it for the last 4 1/2 years, ever since I've been married)
I needed to go through a name-change-ceremony before she could schedule me for the oath ceremony,
Needless to say, these two ceremonies could not all happen in one day.

I am totally confused about this, but I had to make a quick decision,
I saw the benefits of not having to take that long trip again, and being DONE with USCIS,
versus the sentimental value of having my maiden name as my middle name...
and chose!

Could someone please shine their light on this for me? Thanks!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

So is my husband and he's been a USC since December 2003. Wanna bet I get recalled to Federal Jury Duty before he gets called for any jury duty and I still have a two year exemption in place from last service.
Rete, I thought I would get called pretty quickly, after registering to vote. Fresh meat & all that, especially here in NYC. Over the years of PR, I always got my letter "Jury Duty" just after renewing my drivers licence. Of course, now that licences are renewable every 9-10 yrs, not sure what will be the wake up flag.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Van Harte Gefeliciflapstaart....
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Gelukwensen burger! So, party is on the lake?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 1:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Everything went smoothly...
WooHoo!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.