Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Student Visa via Consultant or ... ?

Student Visa via Consultant or ... ?

Old Nov 27th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa via Consultant or ... ?

"Second time i had applied for visit visa, when my sister was travelling with her family for vacation. I was denied, do not know for actually what reasons but that lady in the embassy only saw my employment letter and bank statement. She didnt look at my other documents. She said she thinks I do not intend to come back."

Your sister does not reside in the US, does she? If so, you will still have "red flags" for the embassy because it would appear that you may remain in the US over the time allowed on a granted visa.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
"Second time i had applied for visit visa, when my sister was travelling with her family for vacation. I was denied, do not know for actually what reasons but that lady in the embassy only saw my employment letter and bank statement. She didnt look at my other documents. She said she thinks I do not intend to come back."

Your sister does not reside in the US, does she? If so, you will still have "red flags" for the embassy because it would appear that you may remain in the US over the time allowed on a granted visa.
No my sister doesnt live in US. She lives here in UAE. Her husband and son are US citizens so they visit US once in a while.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 4:23 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FairyTale
Yeah i know. I have decided that I am going to do it on my own - Thank you.
You have a pile of red flags:
* Home is a country where you don't have citizenship
* Female and unmarried
* Links to Pakistan
* Family members with US citizenship
* Previous visa denials

US colleges have an international student office with knowledge of the student visa system. I'd ask them for advice, maybe a referral to a US immigration lawyer as well. At all costs avoid the consultant.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In review of this thread, there is a lot of information missing -- if it exists at all. OP provides no information of what MBA program he seeks to attend. There is no information on how that will advance his career outside of the US.

If I was still in practice, I would have no idea of what to answer here.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 4:49 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
In review of this thread, there is a lot of information missing -- if it exists at all. OP provides no information of what MBA program he seeks to attend. There is no information on how that will advance his career outside of the US.

He claims to be a she. I have seen no evidence to contradict this.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken. Although no ConOff will ever say this, one wonders if there will be a perception that the "MRS" is the goal rather than an "MBA." [This is a very old joke and no offense is meant -- I have two daughters with a PhD and a MSW.]
Old Nov 27th 2011, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

US education is very much valuable. actually hands down it is on the top.
While I'm sure you believe this to be true (and there is much media hype to make you believe that the US is also the best country in the world in which to live/work), to quote Gershwin, "It ain't necessarily so!"

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You have a pile of red flags:
* Home is a country where you don't have citizenship
* Female and unmarried
* Links to Pakistan
* Family members with US citizenship
* Previous visa denials

US colleges have an international student office with knowledge of the student visa system. I'd ask them for advice, maybe a referral to a US immigration lawyer as well. At all costs avoid the consultant.
1- Thats what I asked in my original post that should I apply from Pakistan? I have no issues applying from there. Secondly over here in UAE, there are many many foreigners working here from many many yrs. They do not go to their home countries to apply for visas.

2- I cannot change the female and unmarried part. Not in my hands and i guess Embassy should understand this.

3- Yes links to Pakistan and something I will never want to change. I love that place from the core of my heart and will never change my indentity. There are many students who apply directly from Pakistan and they get their visa approved in first try. It is not that they dont give to Pakistanis but their security check can take some time. They can take their own time.

4- In that case I have many family members with US citizenship. But who is going to tell that in the embassy? Anyways i am not going to stay with any of them, not going to be dependant on them.

5- Yes denials in the past. but one can apply again and again. I know of cases where the visa was denied 7-8 times but it was approved at last.

I will definitely contact the international student office for more info. Right now i am preparing for GMAT.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky

I am a she.

I am seeking for MBA with concentration in either GENERAL MANAGEMENT or INFORMATION SYSTEMS. I am currently working in IT dept. as an IT Asset Manager. My job is not technical but more on management side.

If you have a degree from US, you at least double your chances of finding a good paid job. This is the reality. I am seeing it here from yrs. A person with US degree is always hired on much high salary compared to a person like me who has a degree from her home country like Pakistan. I want to progress, grow in my career field. A stitch in time saves nine. as I said i have no liabilities currently. Once i am Married and have husband and kids, I can never persue studies.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
While I'm sure you believe this to be true (and there is much media hype to make you believe that the US is also the best country in the world in which to live/work), to quote Gershwin, "It ain't necessarily so!"

Ian
How about if I say that i want to experience the American way of life? I want to see what is so special about it that everyone talks about it. I have worked with Americans for like nine yrs now and I must say that I have liked most of them not for anything else but the way they keep theirselves calm and always confident in what they do.
I have been to China. What i saw there with my own eyes, what i learnt there with my own observation, no book or person could have told or taught me. As they say seeing is believing.

Last edited by FairyTale; Nov 28th 2011 at 5:07 am.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I will definitely contact the international student office for more info.
Yes - talk to a couple of schools, pick one, get an I-20 from them and apply for a visa - it's as simple as that - and, no matter what you or anyone else might think your chances of actually getting the visa are, the one thing that you can be sure of is that if you don't apply then you definitely won't get one - you have nothing (other than the visa application fee) to lose by trying.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Once i am Married and have husband and kids, I can never persue studies.
A curious statement in the 21st Century. Is that a cultural/ethnic issue?

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

... or just a matter of personal preference - if the OP decides to devote her time to raising her children instead of just sending them off to a daycare center there will be a period of several (or, perhaps, many) years during which she won't have much time for anything else ...

(That was certainly the case for my mother ...)
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing would be to tour the campuses of the Universities you are interested in and see which would be the best fit and which ones will accept you.

A friend of mine who has a MBA told me that the name of the Uni is the most important aspect. No the Country it is in.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Ian
lol nothing cultural. It is natural. Once a woman is married, her priorities in life change. Plus when you are raising kids, you have very less time for your ownself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.