Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

STUDENT visa proof of UK ties?????? and bringing 5 year old son to Hawaii

STUDENT visa proof of UK ties?????? and bringing 5 year old son to Hawaii

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:31 am
Just Joined

paulete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STUDENT visa proof of UK ties?????? and bringing 5 year old son to Hawaii

Hello,

I am planning on going to Hawaii in March 2005 to study in massage school for one year with an F1 visa (along with my five year old son).

I have got the financial resources to sustain myself there and pay for fees, and plan to to return to the UK, and expand my business as a massage therapist here (I have already done limited training in the UK, a fraction of what I would do out there).

I do not own property here, although I could show that I have a career to return to in the UK, and that my son will have a place in primary school waiting for him. I will give up my lease on the house I rent too, although all of my property (household furniture) will go into storage.

Does anyone have any experience with this? From reading posts it seems that without adequate ties, application for visa is doomed.

I have also the added fact that my mother lives in Hawaii (although another island from the one I wish to study on)... and I have visited Hawaii every year once (between one week and almost three months) over the past four years.

Any insight or suggestions on how to tackle this diligently would be enormously appreciated.

Many thanks

Paulete