Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Stuck at last step of immigration process

Stuck at last step of immigration process

Old Nov 1st 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stuck at last step of immigration process

My parents are sponsored by my sister (US Citizen) . I (as a GC holder) am supporting the application financially.
A quick timeline so far:

August 25, 2021 - Parents had medical exam at Medical Visa in London . They were asked to provide further information from their GP on a couple of items each.
September 3, 2021 - Parents attended their appointment at the US embassy in London.They were asked to provide a couple of items each, as they needed original docs. No medical visa report so they were expecting not to get the visa that day.
October 5, 2021 - Medical visa approved missing information and sent the report for both parents to the US embassy in London.
October 6, 2021 - Original docs for both parents sent to US embassy via DX Group. Both statuses for tracking say "Your item is due for or has recently been returned. Please contact your service provider."

On the UK Official UK Department of State Visa Appointment Service website ("https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/") it says " "Current status - send documents" for both parents.
DS-260 Status says "Refused" as of October 7, 2021 for one parent. "Refused" as of October 12, 2021 for other parent.
DX Group are not contactable. There is no number to call to speak to a live person, and they have not responded to our email query on status of the parcels.
US embassy have no number to call to speak to anyone live. I sent a query on the NVC Inquiry form for both on October 20, 2021. Not head back yet.

Here's where I am stuck. Unsure what the next step need to be. We obviously have no choice if we need to wait, which is perfectly fine but dont want to wait without being sure the case is progressing and we dont need to send anything else.

Any direction much appreciated.

Thanks!
Adam
Old Nov 1st 2021, 11:36 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck at last step of immigration process

I am confused by your descriptions. So the requested documents were sent to the embassy via Dx and they were refused by the embassy? And nothing has happened to return them to your parents since that date?

Did the embassy give a proffered method to get the docs to them, and was this Dx?

As far as the embassy is concerned obviously their cases are in a holding pattern, but I am surprised that the embassy allegedly refused them. Something strange happened there.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by civilservant
I am confused by your descriptions. So the requested documents were sent to the embassy via Dx and they were refused by the embassy? And nothing has happened to return them to your parents since that date?

Did the embassy give a proffered method to get the docs to them, and was this Dx?

As far as the embassy is concerned obviously their cases are in a holding pattern, but I am surprised that the embassy allegedly refused them. Something strange happened there.
Thanks for responding.
We do not know if the US Embassy accepted/rejected the medical documents, and other document (original docs). No status page tells us this.
Yes - US Embassy in London generate a shipping label through ais.usvisa-info.com for DX Group.
Not sure how to interpret your last comment - wouldnt the refusal just be because the medical report was not available at interview? Anyway, attaching a screenshot of one of the cases that were refused in case it helps.

Old Nov 1st 2021, 11:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Both statuses for tracking say "Your item is due for or has recently been returned. Please contact your service provider."
This sentence made me think they were being returned to your parents.

If they have been received by the embassy and just not responded to/visa isued, then yes, the advice will be 'just wait' - which I know is frustrating, but it is what it is!

They will contact them if they need anything else.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by civilservant
This sentence made me think they were being returned to your parents.

If they have been received by the embassy and just not responded to/visa isued, then yes, the advice will be 'just wait' - which I know is frustrating, but it is what it is!

They will contact them if they need anything else.
Thanks again for responding.
Yes - we read that and also immediately thought the documents were reviewed and now being sent back to us but theres no official communication from the embassy or DX Group. Happy to wait if that is the advice on this forum.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 5:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
October 5, 2021 - Medical visa approved missing information and sent the report for both parents to the US embassy in London.
Originally Posted by nudda
We do not know if the US Embassy accepted/rejected the medical documents, and other document (original docs).
These two statement seem to contradict each other. The first reads as if the information requested by the doctors office reached them and was approved. The second you don't know that the documents you sent were received by the Embassy. Did you send the medical documents to the Embassy, or direct to the doctors office. If to the Embassy your comments seem to suggest that they were forwarded to the doctors office to complete the medical report.

Did you send the medical and other documents in one packet to the Embassy? If so the inference is they have been received if the medical documents have been processed.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lansbury
These two statement seem to contradict each other. The first reads as if the information requested by the doctors office reached them and was approved. The second you don't know that the documents you sent were received by the Embassy. Did you send the medical documents to the Embassy, or direct to the doctors office. If to the Embassy your comments seem to suggest that they were forwarded to the doctors office to complete the medical report.

Did you send the medical and other documents in one packet to the Embassy? If so the inference is they have been received if the medical documents have been processed.
Visa medical (Separate to the US Embassy in London) sent the approved pack directly to the embassy. Visa medical are not able to tell me whether the US Embassy received the pack or not. No word from the embassy itself.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 6:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the doctors office is separate to the Embassy. They wouldn't have just sent your medical file over, they send a batch each day. Be noticeable if a batch went missing.

The question I asked was "Did you send the medical information requested directly to the Embassy, with the other documents" The medical file would not have been completed with that information. If you sent it all to the Embassy in one bundle, my assumption would be the Embassy forwarded the medical information to the doctor and so the Embassy also received the other documents and your case is progressing.

Best to speak to DX couriers here is the phone number 0333 241 1100 or their online tracking https://www.dxdelivery.com/track
Old Nov 1st 2021, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lansbury
I appreciate the doctors office is separate to the Embassy. They wouldn't have just sent your medical file over, they send a batch each day. Be noticeable if a batch went missing.

The question I asked was "Did you send the medical information requested directly to the Embassy, with the other documents" The medical file would not have been completed with that information. If you sent it all to the Embassy in one bundle, my assumption would be the Embassy forwarded the medical information to the doctor and so the Embassy also received the other documents and your case is progressing.

Best to speak to DX couriers here is the phone number 0333 241 1100 or their online tracking https://www.dxdelivery.com/track
Thanks for replying.
No we did not send anything medical related to the embassy ourselves. It was done by the visa medicals group in London.
I did call on that number for DX - theres an automated message to say use the chat feature on the website. When I go to the website, it says not agents available to talk. Tried for four hours today.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 12:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious what is the proper name for this visa medical group you are speaking about. Is it called "Medical Visa". Your use of the term medical visa sounds like your parents are trying to get a humanitarian visa to come to the US for medical treatment. I know the group of doctors are called informally "Knightbridge." Or it was at one time.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Just curious what is the proper name for this visa medical group you are speaking about. Is it called "Medical Visa". Your use of the term medical visa sounds like your parents are trying to get a humanitarian visa to come to the US for medical treatment. I know the group of doctors are called informally "Knightbridge." Or it was at one time.
https://visamedicals.co.uk/ is the website for it. There is only one for US immigration in London, afaik.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Same place, change of name.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 3:45 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I discussed this in another thread lately. A “refusal” includes cases which need further processing. The page image you posted notes that.

On the DX shipment, you say that the label was generated by Consular Section. I wonder if it shows the government people as the shipper. (My question extrapolates from return labels that Amazon has generated.)