Stuck

Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Rex1912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stuck

Ok i'm new to this site but here is my situation.

I came to the USA to visit a friend who i met online and was friends for 2 years before i came. Came on a visa waiver program.

She offered me to come and visit and she would pay for the ticket and every thing while i was there, food, etc.

I enjoyed my stay and i fell in love with my friend also and we both got married January 2010. Every thing was great up until few months before Christmas last year when she went to baby sit her daughters kids and i have not heard from her since. On top of that i have lost my UK passport.

Now i can't get home cause i can't afford a ticket and also can't renew my passport cause i can't afford one.

Now i am stuck on what to do and just want to go home.

Any advise/help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:38 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck

Originally Posted by Rex1912
Ok i'm new to this site but here is my situation.

I came to the USA to visit a friend who i met online and was friends for 2 years before i came. Came on a visa waiver program.

She offered me to come and visit and she would pay for the ticket and every thing while i was there, food, etc.

I enjoyed my stay and i fell in love with my friend also and we both got married January 2010. Every thing was great up until few months before Christmas last year when she went to baby sit her daughters kids and i have not heard from her since. On top of that i have lost my UK passport.

Now i can't get home cause i can't afford a ticket and also can't renew my passport cause i can't afford one.

Now i am stuck on what to do and just want to go home.

Any advise/help would be appreciated.
If this is a serious post which sorry for my skepticism but....

1. Why not go to sisters house to find her.

2. So you are saying she left her home and all her possessions and that's it! ....is she alive!

3. No worries about getting back to the UK go the nearest USCIS office they will give you a free flight back to blighty, you do realize that you are in the US illegally don't you!! (Unless there is more you are not telling us!)

4. How are you supporting yourself if you have no work authorization!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:53 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Ok.

Anyway, on the very slim chance this isn't a wind up, surrender yourself to the nearest USCIS office and they'll send you home. No passport required.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very unlikely they would be interested in providing a free trip home, often tried in conjunction with COR.

However this issue has come up a few times, best bet would be to use a card and/or get friends family to help out.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Rex1912 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. I don't know where her daughter lives not sister

2. She is alive as i know of but she now lives with her daughter

3. Can't go back home if i lost my passport

4. For now next door neighbor (friend) is helping me till i can get back home

5. No one has that kind of cash to help me and also can't get family to help cause i don't know my family (was in care).

6. Even if i could get the cash still got no passport.

7. No its not a wind up its for real
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:35 am
Account Closed

I would sell what you can to raise the money.

Bit cold for a Garage sale.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

British consulate, ask for emergency travel document.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:59 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

The British consulate may be able to assist with a document to get on a plane, perhaps they can help find money in the form of a loan.

Being removed by the US government isn't a quick process and detention is a real possibility.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Very very unusual for the Consulate to get involved, they do not see such things as their business. Can you just imagine the burden to the Mexican Consulate if that was the norm.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:20 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Very very unusual for the Consulate to get involved, they do not see such things as their business. Can you just imagine the burden to the Mexican Consulate if that was the norm.
I didn't think it to be that unusual since the US consulates are known to provide a "repatriation loan" on occassion to destitute US citizens abroad (per 7 FAM 370). I figured with the way the UK is known for free flowing benefits they may have similar process.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by crg
I didn't think it to be that unusual since the US consulates are known to provide a "repatriation loan" on occassion to destitute US citizens abroad (per 7 FAM 370). I figured with the way the UK is known for free flowing benefits they may have similar process.
That does sound logical, but the numbers of US Citizens with passports is much lower proportionately and the numbers of drunken chavs in Benidorm bears no comparison.

Maybe years ago it was different, I seem to remember many Newspaper Stories and I think there was a TV programme following the life of a Consul official?

Never say never but will be a very difficult path to trod.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

That does sound logical, but the numbers of US Citizens with passports is much lower proportionately and the numbers of drunken chavs in Benidorm bears no comparison.

Maybe years ago it was different, I seem to remember many Newspaper Stories and I think there was a TV programme following the life of a Consul official?

Never say never but will be a very difficult path to trod.
On the MBTTUK forum, I believe there were several in a similar situation and the British consulate wasn't any help getting them a ticket back to the UK. Maybe he should start a thread on that forum.

MBTTUK Forum
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Was obviously never in the Scouts.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I would sell what you can to raise the money.

Bit cold for a Garage sale.
Sell anything/ everything that is lying around the house: furniture, appliances, car, clothes, either holding garage sales (clothes and cheap items), or Craigslist.com (more expensive things). Depending on where you are in the US, you're going to need about $1,000-$1,500 for the ticket.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rex1912
Every thing was great up until few months before Christmas last year when she went to baby sit her daughters kids and i have not heard from her since.
Why haven't you contacted the police to file a missing persons report? You do want to find her, right?

I don't know where her daughter lives...
Is Google broken? Facebook? My god - you have access to a computer... so you have the entire world at your fingertips.

Can't go back home if i lost my passport
Sure you can. Don't use that as an excuse!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.