Stuck

Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck

Originally Posted by Michael
On the MBTTUK forum, I believe there were several in a similar situation and the British consulate wasn't any help getting them a ticket back to the UK. Maybe he should start a thread on that forum.

MBTTUK Forum
You are correct. It seems they will assist UK citizens who are in a dire situation...overstaying, running out of money, divorce etc are not considered dire.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like a bad TV show plot. But anyway, I would suggest you contact the British consulate and at least see if they can offer help. How are you paying rent and bills right now?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rex1912
1. I don't know where her daughter lives not sister

2. She is alive as i know of but she now lives with her daughter

3. Can't go back home if i lost my passport

4. For now next door neighbor (friend) is helping me till i can get back home

5. No one has that kind of cash to help me and also can't get family to help cause i don't know my family (was in care).

6. Even if i could get the cash still got no passport.

7. No its not a wind up its for real
Apologize I should of said daughter.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Was obviously never in the Scouts.

Originally Posted by NatashaB
This sounds like a bad TV show plot. But anyway, I would suggest you contact the British consulate and at least see if they can offer help. How are you paying rent and bills right now?
He has stated already the neighbour is helping him
Old Jan 24th 2014, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl

He has stated already the neighbour is helping him
My neighbours help me by clearing snow from my driveway and taking in parcels. Where can I move to that I can find neighbours who will pay my rent and bills?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 2:13 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbours help me by clearing snow from my driveway and taking in parcels. Where can I move to that I can find neighbours who will pay my rent and bills?
Can I come with you we are living in the wrong location.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 2:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbours do nothing but make loud noises and park on the wrong place. I really want to hear more
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:55 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching the TV show documenting the life at the British consulates in Spain. It was called "Our Man In..." Each episode was filmed in a different Spanish location. Ibiza, Tenerife, etc

My lasting memory of the show was thinking how unfair it was to charge £95 per person for an emergency travel document knowing that they would get an additional £72.50 to replace each lost or stolen passport once they got home.

While there was plenty of empathy shown, it was a hard and fast rule that if you didn't have the funds you weren't going home. I felt for those folks that had everything stolen, their holiday ruined and now they have to call friends or relatives back home to send them money to buy a one-time use document.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does part of the passport fee not include consulate services?
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It must have been before the EU, sounds like the same programme I was thinking of.

I do not remember there being many empathetic customers.
Account Closed

Does part of the passport fee not include consulate services?
No
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why haven't you contacted the police to file a missing persons report? You do want to find her, right?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:39 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
It must have been before the EU, sounds like the same programme I was thinking of.

I do not remember there being many empathetic customers.
The show was filmed in 2011. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Man_in...

The consuls were empathetic, but you're right they were treated as customers, not citizens.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:43 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's easier to file for divorce by publication if you have only a "last known address". I'm not saying that's what the OP wants to do, or even should do; I'm only saying that there is at least one interesting and possibly applicable reason for him to not pursue that. Hiring a private investigator might be an option if it weren't for the lack of funds.

I think the OP needs to promptly seek assistance from any charities or aid agencies in his area that deal with immigrants and their issues. They may be able to help him find pro bono legal representation to help sort out his thorny immigration situation, which should be his first priority at the moment.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ScousePete
The show was filmed in 2011. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Man_in...

The consuls were empathetic, but you're right they were treated as customers, not citizens.
It would not have been that one then, this was a long time ago.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Speedwell
It's easier to file for divorce by publication if you have only a "last known address". I'm not saying that's what the OP wants to do, or even should do; I'm only saying that there is at least one interesting and possibly applicable reason for him to not pursue that. Hiring a private investigator might be an option if it weren't for the lack of funds.

I think the OP needs to promptly seek assistance from any charities or aid agencies in his area that deal with immigrants and their issues. They may be able to help him find pro bono legal representation to help sort out his thorny immigration situation, which should be his first priority at the moment.
He never mentioned filing for Divorce.

Not sure what you mean by immigration problem, seems like he he overstayed his VWP and wants to go home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.