Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Staying here 'legally', but working illegally NYC?

Staying here 'legally', but working illegally NYC?

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Staying here 'legally', but working illegally NYC?

The questionis a non sequita, if you are working illegally then you can not be here legally in status.

I know quite a few people who have done it, but if I had assisted, which I have not, then I would have to declare it on my Naturalisation application.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000

I sincerely hope she gets deported if you try your little scam.
Hi:

I added bolding to the part I'm replying to. Part of my posting above was from the POV of a father of two adult daughters. I tried to pass on to them that there is lust and then varying degrees of love.

Lust combined with love is powerful and quite wonderful. Lust combined with like is pretty wonderful too. However, there is a danger that lust can masquerade as love, when in fact, there is little or no love on the part of the other party -- and that can be hurtful.

I don't know about the girlfriend. However, the OP strikes me as scheming to satisfy his lust, period. If GF simply wants to engage her lust, then I will have my usual rant with her. However, I would not be at all surprised if OP's lust for her appears to her that she is truly loved. So, I will reserve judgment.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:34 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Andoman, have you considered paying this nice girl to be your girlfriend? Then she wouldn't have to work!

See, I can think outside the box...
...this opens up Pandora's...paying her to sleep with him would indeed make her a working girl.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andoman
Please comment on these ideas!
#1, you're not familiar with the way a Social Security card that is issued to a J-1 differs from the one a US citizen gets. You missed that research at SSA.gov ; the answer is there.

The cards are different because, wait for it, people were abusing the system and using the cards not as intended! Kinda like your 'gf'.

#2, you failed to look up 'how to apply for an ITIN'. If you had looked it up, you'd see that the application can only be submitted with a Federal Income Tax return. You can find that info at irs.gov

The reason one can only apply with a tax return? You guessed it! Too many people were abusing the system and using the numbers not as intended! Kinda like your 'gf'.

#3, you guys all got up way too early this morning.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:19 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering whether it would be possible to take advantage of these facts in order for my Irish girlfriend to be stay here 'legally' but still work for 6-9 months.

6. So she should be able to use that SSN to get work here in NYC.
7. She also shouldn't have any problems coming home, because she wouldnt be overstaying any visa.
I'm not going to bother ranting (there are more important things to get upset about), and I can't quite see how some posters have intuited the idea that you're some sort of sex slave trader, but AFAICS, you're putting in a lot of effort to defraud the system for not so much gain in the appearance of legalizing her: you know that the tax situation won't be kosher, the work situation won't be kosher either, so wouldn't it just be easier to come as a tourist, find off the books work (shouldn't be hard for an Irish girl in Queens), do a quick border jump as a backpacker for a couple of weeks 2 1/2 months in, and then decide what you want to do after six months? it's not legal and it's a hassle with plenty of opportunities for failure and i wouldn't do it myself because i am a worrier.

in any case, if she's got someone that would be willing to sponsor them for a short term work visa, isn't it possible just for her to work for them, even if it doesn't suit her?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

in any case, if she's got someone that would be willing to sponsor them for a short term work visa, isn't it possible just for her to work for them, even if it doesn't suit her?
Border hop?

They have an employer, not a sponsor. Big difference.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:06 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
and she can audition for American Idol, presuming she can sing of course.
This is a requirement why?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:15 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Post Re: Staying here 'legally', but working illegally NYC?

If she'e an Irish Citizen why doesn't she apply for the Green Card Lottery??? Longshot it maybe but legal!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:31 am
Just Joined

andoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright this might not be the forum for me! I can understand it though. You've got every right to be pissed off at this especially if you did EVERYTHING by the book.

I was looking for someone on the site who has more of an open mind, and more of a progressive attitude. Maybe someone who has legal status now, but it wasn't always that way. Someone who bent the rules. Or somebody who is pissed at me, but who can evaluate my ideas from a practical standpoint. My gf wants to work, she doesn't want to get married yet, and she wanted to do all of that in the US before she met me.

PS.

Since the American immigration system is fúcked up from the start, I thought why not take advantage. Exploit the loopholes. Take some shortcuts. This is the American way. (Our constitution was even illegally adopted) The law has a schizophrenic attitude to the undocumented, and even though nationally the same rules 'should' apply, on a state and city level, its just not true. I'm sure your aware how NYC refuses to comply with those rules. Look up ITIN number, why was this even created?!!

So seriously if we can take a sneaky little shortcut, why not? I don't think I'm depriving anyone from life, liberty or happiness by doing this.

Now does anyone know about the exploit I've talked about? Why do you think it might or might not work? It seems as though overstaying a visa is the worst thing she could do, so I thought this would definitely be better. She'd pay taxes like everyone else. Anyone want to take a PRACTICAL look at what I said? I mean without just getting angry at me.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

andoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol sex slave trader? Uh huh yeah thats me. Guilty as charged.

Last edited by andoman; Apr 4th 2008 at 1:58 am.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:36 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Alright this might not be the forum for me! I can understand it though. You've got every right to be pissed off at this especially if you did EVERYTHING by the book.

I was looking for someone on the site who has more of an open mind, and more of a progressive attitude. Maybe someone who has legal status now, but it wasn't always that way. Someone who bent the rules. Or somebody who is pissed at me, but who can evaluate my ideas from a practical standpoint. My gf wants to work, she doesn't want to get married yet, and she wanted to do all of that in the US before she met me.

PS.

Since the American immigration system is fúcked up from the start, I thought why not take advantage. Exploit the loopholes. Take some shortcuts. This is the American way. (Our constitution was even illegally adopted) The law has a schizophrenic attitude to the undocumented, and even though nationally the same rules 'should' apply, on a state and city level, its just not true. I'm sure your aware how NYC refuses to comply with those rules. Look up ITIN number, why was this even created?!!

So seriously if we can take a sneaky little shortcut, why not? I don't think I'm depriving anyone from life, liberty or happiness by doing this.

Now does anyone know about the exploit I've talked about? Why do you think it might or might not work? It seems as though overstaying a visa is the worst thing she could do, so I thought this would definitely be better. She'd pay taxes like everyone else. Anyone want to take a PRACTICAL look at what I said? I mean without just getting angry at me.
Why would anyone want to get mad with such an obvious troll?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

PS.

Wow...if it's legal advice you're after...pay for it. Please don't ask anyone on here to help you break the law...or as you put it 'a sneaky little shortcut'...because we really aren't interested.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 4th 2008 at 1:43 am.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Wow...if it's legal advice you're after...pay for it. Please don't ask anyone on here to help you break the law...or as you put it 'a sneaky little shortcut'...because we really aren't interested.
I feel sorry for the girl......... does she even know what she is letting herself in for...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

If you care for your girlfriend, why would you risk the consequences? She could get caught. She could get banned. Those are pretty serious downfalls to your plan. Couldn't she work for the employer who is willing to sponsor her, even if it's not what she ultimately wants to do?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

PS.

Why should your girlfriend, or whatever she is get to jump the line? You may not think you're depriving anyone of "life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness" but you're sure as hell pissing me off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.