British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Starting AOS App (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/starting-aos-app-638985/)

ustraveler Nov 4th 2009 5:45 am

Starting AOS App

Hi guys,

Here in the United States :)

I am getting ready to start my AOS application and I read somewhere that i have provide a copy of the NOA2 - Approval of your I-130. Is this correct? I don't know if I have this document with me... I have checked and it's not here. Can anyone help me???

I have started filling out the following forms... Is there any other i require?

1. I-485
2. G-325A
3. I-765
4. I-864
5. I-693

Thank you

Rete Nov 4th 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Starting AOS App

Without looking up your history, I would assume if you are here in the US and going to file for adjustment of status then your spouse did not file an I-130 for you while you were outside of the US.

How did you enter the US? K-1? Visitor?

Noorah101 Nov 4th 2009 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ustraveler (Post 8069610)
Hi guys,

Here in the United States :)

I am getting ready to start my AOS application and I read somewhere that i have provide a copy of the NOA2 - Approval of your I-130. Is this correct? I don't know if I have this document with me... I have checked and it's not here. Can anyone help me???

I have started filling out the following forms... Is there any other i require?

1. I-485
2. G-325A
3. I-765
4. I-864
5. I-693

Thank you

If you entered on a K-1, there was no I-130 involved. What you would need is the NOA2 from the I-129F petition. Your USC spouse should have that, unless she sent it to you to show at your K-1 interview.

Rene

crosscountryrider Nov 4th 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 8070507)
If you entered on a K-1, there was no I-130 involved. What you would need is the NOA2 from the I-129F petition. Your USC spouse should have that, unless she sent it to you to show at your K-1 interview.

Rene

He Rene ,
he is on a K-3 visa. It irritating if people expect that everybody read through all [previous threads to get the full picture.:frown:

However I don't think he needs a I-130.

Kind regards
CCR

Noorah101 Nov 4th 2009 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider (Post 8070627)
He Rene ,
he is on a K-3 visa. It irritating if people expect that everybody reads through all [previous threads to get the full picture.:frown:

However I don't think he needs a I-130.

Kind regrads
CCR

If he came on a K-3, then he doesn't need to file an I-130 with AOS, no. But in that case, he or his spouse will have an NOA from an approved I-130, which they should try to find, to include a copy with the AOS filing.

Rene

Noorah101 Nov 4th 2009 7:33 pm

usa,

If you can't find any NOA's showing approval of the I-129F or I-130, you can send in your AOS package without it. If you find them in the meantime, bring them to your AOS interview, if you have one.

Rene

ustraveler Nov 5th 2009 3:21 am

Thank you for all your replies. God bless! :)