Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring F-1 visa applicant (I-134)

Wikiposts

Sponsoring F-1 visa applicant (I-134)

Old Apr 6th 2002, 12:50 am
Gwen And Lars

Default Sponsoring F-1 visa applicant (I-134)

Hi,

I just received my Notice of Action for my N-400 apps. I am getting my USC so that my
fiance can come to the US sooner once we get married in Apr 2003. The question is
that I am trying to sponsor(I-134) my sister on a F-1 visa now. Would that affect my
N-400 application? and my plan to sponsor my husband in 12 months?

Also, I received my permanent residency thru marriage which ended after 4 years. Will
this affect any of the above issues? I have stayed in the US for 6 yrs now with a
green card for 5.5yrs.

Thanks! Gwen

Old Apr 6th 2002, 1:50 am
Jb

Default Re: Sponsoring F-1 visa applicant (I-134)

Gwen and Lars wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just received my Notice of Action for my N-400 apps. I am getting my USC so that
    > my fiance can come to the US sooner once we get married in Apr 2003. The question
    > is that I am trying to sponsor(I-134) my sister on a F-1 visa now. Would that
    > affect my N-400 application? and my plan to sponsor my husband in 12 months?

I thought only an educational institution could 'sponsor' on F-1. A US citizen can
sponsor immediate relatives. Your post is also slightly confusing. Do you intend to
marry first or bring your fiancee to the US in order to marry?

Old Apr 6th 2002, 6:50 am
Shelley

Default Re: Sponsoring F-1 visa applicant (I-134)

Also the more people you sponsor, the more income you need to have because you have
to have enough income for yourself + all immigrants. Take Care. Shelley

"jb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Gwen and Lars wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just received my Notice of Action for my N-400 apps. I am getting my USC so
    > > that my fiance can come to the US sooner once we get married in Apr 2003. The
    > > question is that I am trying to sponsor(I-134) my sister on a F-1 visa now. Would
    > > that affect my N-400 application? and my plan to sponsor my husband in 12 months?
    >
    > I thought only an educational institution could 'sponsor' on F-1. A US citizen can
    > sponsor immediate relatives. Your post is also slightly confusing. Do you intend to
    > marry first or bring your fiancee to the US in order to marry?