Spira

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Spira is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Spira

My daughter is sponsoring me to emigrate to USA, I have not used a lawyer, my daughter has collated all documents and sent to NVC. It's been almost 2 years since I started the process. Iv just received email from NVC acknowledging receipt of latest documents, they say it will take 30 days to process. My question is if they keep asking for more info could I get a 6 month visa and finish everything from USA.
Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:33 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spira

No, since you cannot live in the US without a visa to do so, nor can you attend an interview/medical in the US.

You can visit (if you are otherwise eligible) but you cannot move and finish the visa while in the US.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that info, much appreciated.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spira
It's been almost 2 years since I started the process.
This is unusual. Usually, an immigrant visa for a parent takes about a year.

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Spira

Yes I was told it only takes about twelve months, what's been happening is after NVC received my application they said they needed other info. and this was going to cause a delay in processing claim they quoted 63 days. Each time I send what they ask for they find something else that they need. Hope they won't take much longer.
Thanks for your reply.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 11:20 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm... well... if you'd visited your daughter with the intention of visiting her (rather than staying) and then a couple of months into said visit decided you wanted to stay and filed for AOS then yes, you could have done it that way, but most likely USCIS would be asking you for all the same information the State Dept. is asking you for and at this point, you're probably better off sticking with the NVC and getting an immigrant visa.

Attempting to start all over again with USCIS seems a bit silly for various reasons. It might look like misrepresentation, you would be landlocked, your application appears to be more complex than usual, you'd waste a large amount of time, etc.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks Steve, I guess I'll just have to sit this one out.