Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Speeding things up due to violence?????

Speeding things up due to violence?????

Old Mar 3rd 2001, 9:30 am
Kelly Daken

Hi All, My fiancee asked that I post this message after some rather disturbing occurances
yesterday. While I was at work my employer/father pulled me from my chair in a headlock
and got me onto the ground where he proceded to kick
me. Unfortunately the employment situation in Australia is not good for short term work
and our first NOA from CSC is dated February 2 so hopefully we should have an approval
soon. The question is, is there a legal way that I can join my fiancee in the US until
the interview in Sydney or is there a way to expedite the K1 process so I don't have
to fly back for just the interview? Thanks for any advice. Kelly
P.S. My parents have no problem with my choice of fiancee but are manipulative and really
want us to live in Australia, which we decided not to do for various reasons. This is
probably the cause of the violent outburst.

Old Mar 3rd 2001, 12:05 pm
lms and pjb

Have you looked into direct consular filing (DCF)? I have no personal experience with this
approach but it has been faster for other people to go this way. This is just a thread I
copied from google, you might want to do some more research though:

If possible for you to do it, DCF is the usually the BEST method.

It is usually faster, PLUS you are a conditional permanent resident when entering the US.
Free to work, leave and return, plus you can file for naturalization 2 years and 9 months
after entering the US

Michael

Maryanne wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

DO IT!!!!! It's enormously faster and your future spouse will enter the US as a full
conditional permanent resident with no restrictions on work or travel, and never another
paper to file with INS except to remove conditions 2 years after arriving in the US.

Old Mar 3rd 2001, 12:56 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Kelly Daken wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You have a couple of choices:

direct consular filing for a spousal visa IF your fiance flies there and you marry
there: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/dcf.html (however this would take a month or
two to get done)

Go to the US for a visit and await the CSC processing of the fiance visa petition (it is
gonna take them 2-3 months at least, believe me), then return to Oz for the interview and
come back.

Go to the US for a visit and while you are there, decide to marry and stay:
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/touristframes.html

Entry on a tourist visa would be slightly chancey but is likely you could get in if you
have not visited a lot in the past. There are NO provisions in the law for expedited
petitions based on violent activities in your workplace or family, however.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old Mar 3rd 2001, 7:48 pm
sine nomine

lms and pjb wrote:

>
    >

it took chris and me about six weeks from start to interview last october. i'm happy to
answer any questions about it, and i know there are some more recent sydney dcf'ers around
here as well.

--
    >
married 1 oct 00, successful interview 3 oct 00, chris's passport stamped 20 oct 00, gc
arrived 18 dec 00.

Old Mar 4th 2001, 6:19 am
Cecilia Villa

Hello Kelly, Please visit
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/la...spect/vwpp.htm The way I understand
this is that you (an Australia citizen) don't need a visa to enter the US for up to 90
days. After you are in the US, you can get married and apply for advance parol the same
way as you would if you wait for the K1. Good Luck Bruce

>
    >
from
    >
kick
    >
    >
hopefully
    >
that
    >
a
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 5th 2001, 1:15 pm
George Charpied

Kelly Daken wrote:

Hi All, My fiancee asked that I post this ... While I was at work my employer/father
pulled me from my chair in a headlock and got me onto the ground where he proceded to kick
me... P.S. My parents have no problem with my choice of fiancee but are manipulative and
really want us to live in Australia, which we decided not to do for various reasons. This
is probably the cause of the violent outburst.

My reply:

I was confused by the message. I'm sorry. But a manipultive parent doesn't drag a
person from a chair in a headlock and proceed to kick them. Usually manipulation
takes the form of psychological abuse. There is more to this story then wehere you
will reside once married, I guess. Is there a history of people, your parents, in
Australia expressing their dissatisfactions physically? High blood pressure,
bacterial encephalitis, slow growing tumors, drug reactions or a difficult
chldhoood can lead to irrational behavior. What is the norm for behavior in
Australia? Certainly it isn't 'Welcome to Woop Woop,' is it?

George and Miglena