Special forms for employment?

Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:56 pm
The Dead Troll Society

Default Re: Special forms for employment?

one last spam for the road.

gotta catch a flight tomorrow.

See you losers when I get back
"Gasherjohn" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by robclews
    > > No but it expires when the temp EAD expires. I agree this area is
    > > prohibitive to those who want continuity of employment.
    > >
    > > If you enter the country on day 1 obtain a temp EAD at POE, Marry the
    > > same afternoon while collecting your SS# on the way to the church. You
    > > can then submit your AOS after the ceremony and new EAD application,
    > > start work the next day, take a days vacation on day 91 to demand your
    > > late 1 year EAD and everything will be just fine.
    > >
    > > I dont know what the hell everyone is complaining about.
    > >
    > > Rob
    > >
    > > PS all this is assuming you can walk in to submit your AOS and get a
    > > same day receipt, so its not too tough i guess.
    > Thanks....... I think
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:40 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Special forms for employment?

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
Thanks Mike,

I hadn't seen that response from the INS before. Apologies if you had already posted it on another thread.

All of their reply just confirms that it was the intention of the legislators to allow a fiance of a USC to work when they enter the country.

It must surely have also been the intention of the legislators to give this benefit to fiances after they marry until they adjust status and get their green card. It is just not logical to give this benefit with one hand and take it back with the other.

John
Sorry to bump this but it disappeared somewhere because of our unwelcome friends moronic activities.

Badly written legislation can always be interpreted in different ways. Sadly, it appears that the INS didn't use common sense when they read it with regard to employment of K-1 holders who have married. Does anyone agree?

John
Old Sep 28th 2003, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I really wish there was an easier way to this whole EAD thing. I, of course made things harder on myself by trying out new technology and e-filed my EAD - BIG MISTAKE. I now have a job offer but cannot start until the stupid people at Missouri service center decide to give me my EAD which they have had almost 4 MONTHS now (with an RFE because they needed proof of I-485 which was filed in Charlotte) There is also no way that I can go and say "this has taken more than 90 days, can I have a temporary EAD which I would have been able to do at Charlotte and I would have had my EAD on September the 6th (91 days)

My experience - don't E-file EAD for AOS - it causes more problems than solves!

Pete
Old Sep 29th 2003, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point

So am I right in saying that there is in fact no grey area with the eligibility to work while AOS is taking place?

Logically, I would have thought that once you are married after following the K-1 proceedure you are still eligible to work and therefore the 90 day for presenting documents should apply. However, as has been discussed previously they appear to be inconsistent from K-1 to AOS. Someone needs to go in there and sort out the system!!!

Pete
Old Sep 29th 2003, 2:15 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteJ
So am I right in saying that there is in fact no grey area with the eligibility to work while AOS is taking place?

Logically, I would have thought that once you are married after following the K-1 proceedure you are still eligible to work and therefore the 90 day for presenting documents should apply. However, as has been discussed previously they appear to be inconsistent from K-1 to AOS. Someone needs to go in there and sort out the system!!!

Pete
Thanks for agreeing with me Pete.

As I mentioned before, if I am lucky enough to find work before getting my EAD, then I will explain the situation to my employer and, if he accepts it, I will sign the I-9 on the basis that I will have proof of my work authorisation within 90 days.

John
Old Sep 29th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteJ

Pete
Sadly there is no grey area with the elegibility to work.

The K1 effectivly only lasts 90 days from POE, and you enter a whole new ball game after that period.

Rob