Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

sorry to bother everybody with my i-130 questions

sorry to bother everybody with my i-130 questions

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 9:49 am
Ashish Tambar

Hi Everybody, I posted a messages earlier asking whether a US citizen's location in US

affects his I-130 approval time? I live in Buffalo, so there is relatively lesser
population here compared to many larger metropolitan cities, like New York City. However,
I was asked to send in my I-130 application to the Vermont centre. I did call up VCS and
talked to one of their information officers and was told that currently they r running

6 months behind schedule in processing the i-130's. Should I bring to their attention the
fact that I live in Buffalo, NY and not in NY, NY? (just a quick note: I did file my US
citizenship petition to vermont center also. they gave me a 2.5 yrs. waiting time, but i
received the US

citizenship in less than 5 months! When i know, a lot of people have been waiting for
their naturalizatin interview call for more than a year

in NYC) So i'm hoping, my I-130 won't take that long either. Any comments/suggestions
please. Thank you, Ashish.