Sons A#

Old Oct 16th 2010, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Mad1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sons A#

Ok I've applied for AOS got my EAD and my travel parole been waiting for my sons travel parole but just got a request for more info. They need his A# but on his K2 visa there is no A# for him it just says PA: then has my name after.
His visa has the red number on it can I use this or will I need to phone them?
Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sons A#

Originally Posted by Mad1
Ok I've applied for AOS got my EAD and my travel parole been waiting for my sons travel parole but just got a request for more info. They need his A# but on his K2 visa there is no A# for him it just says PA: then has my name after.
Thanks for any help.
The red number is not an A-number, so don't use that one. How about any of the NOA's that came associated with his visa? Sometimes the A-number is on that.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Nope there's never been an A# for him on any paperwork.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

I arrived on a K1 Fiance Visa and my son on a K2. My son did not have an A# on his visa or on any other paperwork. I sent in my AOS paperwork and left his A# blank. The first time his A# showed up was on the I-797C Notice of Action for his Application for the I-485 and then again on his Biometrics Appointment Notice.

Last edited by jeepgirluk; Oct 17th 2010 at 1:18 am. Reason: clarification
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Ok just looked at my I-797C for I-485 and he isn't even mentioned on it and he never had a biometrics appointment.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Ok just looked at my I-797C for I-485 and he isn't even mentioned on it and he never had a biometrics appointment.
My son's A# wasn't on my I-797C - it was on his own one. I had to send in AOS paperwork for both of us. When you sent in your paperwork did you send in another set for your son? If so you should have receipt notices (I-797Cs) for him too.

Doesn't everyone have to do biometrics? My son wasn't quite 3 but he still had to go and have his prints and photograph done.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Ok that's where I went wrong didn't do him an I-485 thought he was included on mine. Explains why he has no A#.
I'm an idiot thanks for your help.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok that's where I went wrong didn't do him an I-485 thought he was included on mine. Explains why he has no A#.
I'm an idiot thanks for your help.
I just read your post from back in July and I'm guessing you assumed you didn't need to fill out the forms for your son. The I-485 instructions state that a K2 can apply for AOS based on a parent's application from a K1. You still need to fill out all the same forms for your son as you did for yourself with the exception of the Employment Authorization Document. Best of luck.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:34 am
Just Joined

I never sent him one in because on the instruction page on the who may file bit it says:-
3. Based on admission as the fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen.

A. You may apply to adjust status if you were admitted to the United States as the K-1 fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen, and you married that citizen within 90 days of your entry.

B. If you were admitted as the K-2 child of such a fiance(e), you may apply to adjust status based on your parent's Form I-485.

so I took part B to mean he would be included on mine.
Ok I'll need to phone them and file for him too thank you.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

B. If you were admitted as the K-2 child of such a fiance(e), you may apply to adjust status based on your parent's Form I-485.
All that means is that he is *eligible* to file... it doesn't mean that he piggybacks off of your AOS application. You must file AOS for him ASAP. He is currently OUT of status and is removable from the US until you file an AOS application for him.

No need to phone anyone. Just file.. and the sooner the better.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Oct 17th 2010 at 11:45 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish this, but it's worth $330 for you to find out...
When you file his I-485 with yours, the fee is that much less.

# Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $600;
# Not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $930.

Maybe a copy of yours with a brief explanation of the misunderstanding will do it?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there an A# hand-written on his I-94, or next to the entry stamp in his passport?

Regards, JEff

Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

We phoned this morning the man on the other end of the phone was really polite, didn't call me an idiot or nothing lol.
Told us we needed to do an I485 for my son put a copy of my reciept for mine in with it and put a note in explaining that they already had the doctors sealed envelope.
He said when I get his reciept for I485 it will have an A# on it and we can proceed from there. Hopefully once this is sorted we'll be done.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Did he tell you how much the fee would be?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

$600 but we'd already paid before we sent in a cheque for $600 for my sons when I sent mine in but they sent the cheque back saying it was to much and that it was only $305 (obvious now because there was no I485 for my son in there,would of been nice if they had said)
The man said pay $600 now then after we can get the other $305 refunded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.