Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

is someone filing AOS via DCF in Amsterdam?

is someone filing AOS via DCF in Amsterdam?

Old Jan 27th 2001, 11:44 pm
exyz

Someone posted a while ago about filing DCF in Amsterdam. I can't remember who, but I
thought the situation was that the US citzen in the relationship resided in the US, the
couple was going to marry in the Netherlands, and file DCF there. I was checking some
stuff on the US embassy site in the Netherlands tonight, looking for info about marriage
certificates issued in Netherlands, etc, and it appears that DCF is limited to situations
where the US citizen resides in the Netherlands. I don't know how strict they are about
this "residence issue" but if you're still around, check out
http://www.usemb.nl/civpetam.htm and see if it applies to you.

We were kicking ourselves for not filing DCF since we married in the Netherlands, but now
it looks like we did the only thing possible - file AOS in the US since neither of us were
residents of the Netherlands.

Elaine

Old Jan 28th 2001, 1:03 am
Alvena Ferreira

They will do it is ONE of the spouses is a residen of the Netherlands...the US citizen
does NOT have to be a resident, in spite of what the website may say...too many people
have done it successfully, frankly. alvena

exyz wrote:
>
> Someone posted a while ago about filing DCF in Amsterdam. I can't remember who, but I
> thought the situation was that the US citzen in the relationship resided in the US, the
> couple was going to marry in the Netherlands, and file DCF there. I was checking some
> stuff on the US embassy site in the Netherlands tonight, looking for info about marriage
> certificates issued in Netherlands, etc, and it appears that DCF is limited to
> situations where the US citizen resides in the Netherlands. I don't know how strict they
> are about this "residence issue" but if you're still around, check out
> http://www.usemb.nl/civpetam.htm and see if it applies to you.
>
> We were kicking ourselves for not filing DCF since we married in the Netherlands, but
> now it looks like we did the only thing possible - file AOS in the US since neither of
> us were residents of the Netherlands.
>
> Elaine

Old Jan 28th 2001, 9:34 am
Wim Rumping

Me and my wife filed the I-130 in Amsterdam earlier this month. While the instructions and
web site states that both people have to prove that they are Dutch residents, it wasn't a
problem for us (I'm the Dutch citizen/resident). We asked at the consulate if it was
possible to do DCF back in October last year and we were told that we could file as soon
as we got married.

Regards,

Wim.

Old Jan 28th 2001, 8:10 pm
webmaster

We did it Jan 25 successfully Package 1 and 3 on the same day...!!!!!!

see our website www.usadutch.com

Klaas & Eileen

--
-----------------------------------------------------
Click here for Free Video!! http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

> Me and my wife filed the I-130 in Amsterdam earlier this month. While the instructions
> and web site states that both people have to prove that they are Dutch residents, it
> wasn't a problem for us (I'm the Dutch citizen/resident). We asked at the consulate if
> it was possible to do DCF back in October last year and we were told that we could file
> as soon as
we
> got married.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wim.
>
>