Wikiposts

so how did you get in?

Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so how did you get in?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Walking in seems quite popular.

More so than taking a plane, which I did.
don't forget the odd boat

But me, married one, and headed to maine, now mass.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably irrelavent to this discussion, but my alien husband arrived in the USA on a fiance visa which I petitioned for him.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:18 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macjoubert

F1 student visa is the way I came in, but I agree marriage is the
right royal way in, full rose petals'n carpet and all.
Yeah, right.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Deedee13;4522918]
Originally Posted by optom3
Plane!!!

Actually marriage and a lot of insanity pills.

Is there any airport that anyone can recommend that has a quicker way in - christ this is coming out gobbly gook. I have used atlanta, philly, pitsburg, detroit, and cincinatti and they all take so long when u get off the plane and clearing customs. Is there a magic airport out there that goes quicker than atlanta, last time i was queueing for three hours to just get told have a nice time, stamped and getting my luggage, missed my connecting flight. Or a better time of day to arrive. It seems all the international flights all land at the same time.

and as a PR do u go thru a different queue. I seem to always be herded with the cattle ?
I have always found Washington to be OK.

A PR can go through the USC's line, actually should.

Last time I came through Chicago and was slightly peeved to see the non USC line moving quicker, 5 minutes wait either way.

Just need to be lucky.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:44 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by millers
Well it seems quite difficult to legitimately get into the US, so how did you folks do it and where abouts did you go?
Job.... ended up in Mass...nice place....very much like the UK but with no Tesco bags blowing everywhere....its a bit behind the times where we live...lucky to have indoor plumbing and all that .....but its home.....
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Deedee13;4522918]
Is there any airport that anyone can recommend that has a quicker way in - christ this is coming out gobbly gook. I have used atlanta, philly, pitsburg, detroit, and cincinatti and they all take so long when u get off the plane and clearing customs. Is there a magic airport out there that goes quicker than atlanta, last time i was queueing for three hours to just get told have a nice time, stamped and getting my luggage, missed my connecting flight. Or a better time of day to arrive. It seems all the international flights all land at the same time.
Phoenix - the only international flights are from Mexico and London. I waited only a few minutes last time I arrived there. The trick is to sit near the door of the plane, carry virtually no carryon luggage (most Americans find this part impossible) and then leg it from the plane to the immigration desks when you're allowed out...

As for the original question - came on H1-B to work at a university in Arizona. Now I'm contemplating applying for a green card
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gsnichol;4526434]
Originally Posted by Deedee13
As for the original question - came on H1-B to work at a university in Arizona. Now I'm contemplating applying for a green card
University of Arizona, my old alma mater! Yay!

Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:02 pm
sweetiepaah

Originally Posted by krizzy
Job.... ended up in Mass...nice place....very much like the UK but with no Tesco bags blowing everywhere....its a bit behind the times where we live...lucky to have indoor plumbing and all that .....but its home.....
Hi Krizzy - don't know if I'm doing the posting thing the right way round, but noticed that you've settled in Mass. and thought I'd drop you a line.

My hubby, kids and I are right at the beginning of looking for the best route in, but are very interested to find out about Massachussets as a place to live.

If you've got the time (and the inclination), would love to hear your story and what it's like living there...

S

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:08 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sweetiepaah
Hi Krizzy - don't know if I'm doing the posting thing the right way round, but noticed that you've settled in Mass. and thought I'd drop you a line.

My hubby, kids and I are right at the beginning of looking for the best route in, but are very interested to find out about Massachussets as a place to live.

If you've got the time (and the inclination), would love to hear your story and what it's like living there...

S
I sent you a message....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sweetiepaah

S
have a search for threads on Boston and Mass...there's been quite a few recently, with good info....and if neither of you are USC's, then pretty much scratch an H1 out for this year, unless your a uni lecturer, so leaves L1's as realistic chance
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

yabadabadoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracym
Vicodin, for anyone picky who cares. Probably prescribed it himself for years, there are lots of people with addictions in the medical profession.

They do prescribe Vidocin, Codeine, etc. for pain conditions, but are quite cautious about it. Same for tranqs.
F1 --> H1B right now !
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:46 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: so how did you get in?

[QUOTE=Deedee13;4522918]
Plane!!!

Actually marriage and a lot of insanity pills.

and as a PR do u go thru a different queue. I seem to always be herded with the cattle ?
DeeDee: A really nice time and place to arrive is with the British Airways BA185 flight from LHR to Newark, NJ.

It departs the UK at 08.55am and gets into Newark at approx 11.35am ET. I do voluntary work there and I can tell you that terminal B is very quiet at that time of the day for international arrivals....it's almost always the first plane to arrive at this terminal from Europe during the late morning and therefore it's really quick to get through immigration, baggage retrieval and customs.

Very rarely the BA185 may have departed late from Heathrow and the Dutch KLM flight in that case may arrive a few minutes beforehand.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Tracym;4523011]
Originally Posted by Deedee13
My fiance flies Dublin to Chicago (therefore pre-clearing immigration in Dublin) and seems to go through customs pretty quick at O'Hare (less than an hour).

Now that I think of it, dunno if he's tied up in dublin for a while clearingi immigration tho.

Clearing immigration both in Dublin and Shannon is pretty quick - I've done it quite a few times.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:51 pm
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all

I have just read my own post, SORRY, it's scary long and difficult to read ,not to mention distinct lack of paragraphs,punctuation etc,I guess hubby is correct,I write like I talk 100m.p.h. will truncate any future efforts and try to adopt less is more attitude.
Don't apologise. What you've disclosed is gold nuggets. No-one else has posted such revealing information.

It pisses me off that good decent people like all of us Brits here are subjected to what you've been through, while over ten thousand walk across the southern border every week, to enter the US illegally, and Bush REFUSES TO ENFORCE the law of the land to stop them.

He could take action to stem the flood of illegal immigrants ( approve funding for enforcing border controls, hire hundreds more border patrol officers, dozens more attorneys to prosecute corporations making huge profits/screwing American blue-collar workers by using sub-min-wage illegals ) but what does he do?
He says he'll only strengthen border controls ( i.e. do his sworn Presidential duty to uphold the LAW of the United Sates ) if Congress will approve AMNESTY. ( ie THEY just walk in illegally, get citizenship, while YOU, trying to do it LEGALLY, are subjected to endless stress and refusal )

One has to ask WHY? Arizona & Texas Senators Jerome Corsi and Jim Gilchrist have founded the multi-ethnic "Minutemen" movement ( after the instant-response patriots of the Civil War ) to post vigilante volunteers along the border, since the US government won't act, won't respond to their demands that Bush enforce United States law...

They both want the US to be governed by the rule of LAW.

See their book

"Minutemen - the battle to secure US borders"

Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:20 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by millers
Well it seems quite difficult to legitimately get into the US, so how did you folks do it and where abouts did you go?
I came on "vacation"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.